Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet cats in China being stolen for the meat trade.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Cats are animals. Animals are meat. Meat is food.

I'll hold off with the auld outrage til they start eating people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Tristram wrote: »

I agree with you about animals being meat but if someone had a pet cow here and someone stole it for meat, do you not think that is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Humans are animals. Animals are meat. Meat is food. Ok?

On topic, the thought of cat farms is really disturbing to me, please tell me they're not like chicken farms.

Ah, yeah, it sucks alright. Attachment and all that. Guess it depends on cultural sensitivities. The notion of some animals as 'pets' is still fairly new in certain regions of the world.

Wreck wrote: »
    On topic, the thought of cat farms is really disturbing to me, please tell me they're not like chicken farms.

They look worse in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Wreck wrote: »
    Humans are animals. Animals are meat. Meat is food. Ok?

(in German accent): Dats da joke :D

Ah, yeah, it sucks alright. Attachment and all that. Guess it depends on cultural sensitivities. The notion of some animals as 'pets' is still fairly new in certain regions of the world.

You don't seem to care that much either way TBH. Smart remarks and all that!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 She+Male77

@ Lauragoesmad: i feel yours and these cats pain :(
    for me its just disturbing that from all cats they just have to steal the pet ones, sick weirdos these thieves, i ask myself why-o-why dont they 'hunt' for wild cats or even streetcats, no ... they just have to take a pet-cat for meat, a pet-cat is just a person of the family for most pet-cat owners, ... now here is a solution, send these 'pet-thieves' to sicily (you know what they do there if you touch someone of the 'family' ;) ) ... talking of family my (step)father resides from sicily and hes all macho and all, but when it comes 2 our families 2 pet-kitties, he has 2 answers to the cat-thiefs in china: 1= his old COLT-revolver and 2= his old hail-shotgun, trust me these thieves would 'try' to steal our beloved cats only once :P ...

p.s.: in no way i try to invoke any kind of violence to any parties :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

They've been stealing house pets - dogs and cats for yonks in China. They steal them, stick them in tiny cages, transport them in vast quantities, treat them like filth, skin them (sometimes whilst alive) and then fob them off to Western shops and suppliers as 'Faux Fur'...

Makes me f*cking sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Different culture, friends of mine bought a puppy in a market in Thailand, told the seller that they would collect it later, when they came back it was all sliced up ready to eat. Sickening, another company goes around giving free buckets for dogs in Northern Thailand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

The treatment of animals in those countries sickens me. It's the way they're killed is the worst part. It's awful, don't even want to think about it. I know Ireland isn't perfect when it comes to animal rights but Thank God we have at least some rights for them.

It's just messed up and horrible. Doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

those sort of people exist in every country, in a similar way, what the Irish travellers are doing to animals would shock the Asians too.
    for those who do not want to bloody scenes, u'd better avoid certain areas in Waterford, i've heard some pretty disturbing things going on down there.

Advertisement