Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OU- B120

Options
  • 09-03-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I've been doing B120 with the OU and I'm not impressed to be honest. I'm not sure to continue with OU after this.

The books are great and easy to read. The TGF discussions are easy to join in on. I found the TMAs a pain. They don't seem so hard but there was a lot of ambiguity in the questions. On the non-TGF there was angry rants over TMA03 (accounting) due to the lack of examples in books in relation to questions asked. People quitting the course as well.

I'm really pissed off after getting my TMA04 result today. I felt really restricted by a 1000 word limit so had to cut the text in answers a and c. Loss the majority of points from those two parts as they were considered basic effort and for question b lose some points cause the tutor felt i should have added more then the question asked (ambiguity again).

It seems most people are getting around 65% mark for most TMAs though. Just feels the marking is overly strict compared to whats been asked in the TMAs and the level of content given.

We have our ECA now but there is errors throughout it such as asking for answers on marketing issues when it later says HR issues in guidance notes.

Might just be a bad term for B120 and I have 70% OCA so just need to pass ECA.

Anyone else done this course and felt this way?

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not that particular course, but I think most people will find at some stage a course that they just don't get on well with.

I did an level 3 english course a few years ago. Didn't click with the tutor, didn't feel he quite got what I was saying on many of the assignments. Kept looking for stuff outside the remit of the course and didn't give sufficient guidance beforehand to what was needed. Of course, it may have just been me ;)

If you think it definitely isn't you, talk to the Regional Centre. There are people there responsible for the course tutors that you can talk to :)

As for the ECA - normally if there are errors, a errata sheet is normally sent out when they're noticed. Have you heard of any others with this problem on the FirstClass conference for your course? You could also try contacting the course team also if it hasn't already been spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

we have pointed the errors to the head of the course. I'm going to slog it out and get my ECA done. Hopefully I pass so i can move forward from this course.

Advertisement