Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-6 processing in Ireland?

• 09-03-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone :)

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyplace in Ireland, other than Repro 35 that does professional E-6 processing? The reason I ask is that I had a very bad experience there today with the manager, who I found to be rude and condescending, not to mention the fact that I had dropped off rolls of 135 film to them before and had them processed for €7 a roll, and today he charged me €10 a roll. When I asked why the price had changed, he told me, in a very sarcastic and rude way that someone must have given me the wrong price before. I am not the first person in my course to have such bad experiences with this company, and any alternative - even if it would mean traveling to Belfast or Cork - is preferable to me than putting up with such nonsense from a supposed "professional".

What I'm looking for really is a place that'll process all slide film to professional standards - from 135 and 120 to 10x8"

Thanks for your help,

Diarmuid:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭darraghsherwin

I get my E-6 processing done in Photocare on Abbey Street beside Wyns Hotel.
    It costs me €6.50 per roll of 35mm or 120, processing only, unmounted. I don't know if they do 4x5 or 8x10.
    They usually do their runs on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and depending on the guy you get on the counter, it can be either same day or 2 day process.
    If you want to give self-processing a go, Gunns do the chemicals for about €25.
    I am actively considering do self-processing using a Jobo CPE-2 if I can my hands on one for good money.

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Afaik, they do up to 4x5, but not sure of any larger than that.

Staff in Repro can be a mixed bag.

Just got a Jobo CPE-2 processor off eBay for €60, this will do E-6 and C41

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Just got a Jobo CPE-2 processor off eBay for €60, this will do E-6 and C41

Darragh

goddamn ! I was trawling e-bay for ages looking for an affordable CPE-2 , which could be shipped here for some reasonable cost. I eventually gave up :rolleyes:

Have a look on ebay.de, there is usually quite a few on there and most of them will ship to Ireland.
    You'll typically pay about €150 for a processor that is in good condition.
    My processor was so cheap because there is no bottles or tanks with it and the winning bid got retracted at the last minute.

Darragh

• Advertisement

goddamn ! I was trawling e-bay for ages looking for an affordable CPE-2 , which could be shipped here for some reasonable cost. I eventually gave up :rolleyes:

Cheap Jobo CPP going for €50 plus €30 on eBay at the moment
    or this is ending today current bid is less than a euro and shipping is about €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I got tired of scratched negs so I gave up on E6 here.

I have been sending my films to:

http://www.fujifilmprocessinglaboratory.co.uk/otherServices.php

The postage and turn around time are a bummer but no scratches. They can do up to 10x8.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'm pretty sure I still have mine in the shed.
    If I can dig it out would you be interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Samson wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I still have mine in the shed.
    If I can dig it out would you be interested?

Thanks for the offer, but I'll reluctantly have to pass. A small flat and a growing collection of baby stuff means space is at a premium. I've gotten a pretty good system going at this stage just using a small container as a water bath to dunk the chemicals into to maintain temps.

OTOH we're looking for a house at the moment, so I might get back to you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Úna 1

Hi - Have you tried the Filmbank on Baggot street? Excellent service, price and people!
    The Muid wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyplace in Ireland, other than Repro 35 that does professional E-6 processing? The reason I ask is that I had a very bad experience there today with the manager, who I found to be rude and condescending, not to mention the fact that I had dropped off rolls of 135 film to them before and had them processed for €7 a roll, and today he charged me €10 a roll. When I asked why the price had changed, he told me, in a very sarcastic and rude way that someone must have given me the wrong price before. I am not the first person in my course to have such bad experiences with this company, and any alternative - even if it would mean traveling to Belfast or Cork - is preferable to me than putting up with such nonsense from a supposed "professional".

What I'm looking for really is a place that'll process all slide film to professional standards - from 135 and 120 to 10x8"

Thanks for your help,

Diarmuid:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement