Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table Quiz venue/room in Galway

Options
  • 09-03-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Looking for suggestions for a location for a table quiz for c. 50 people.
    Need finger food, and room with an audio/video connection for a laptop.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Most go with the Huntsman on College Road, they have laptop connectivity. Crowe's on Prospect Hill do quizzes too, dunno about the Audio-Visual element though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Smiles08

Try Lohan's in Salthill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

bodkins on the dublin rd. very good for table quiz s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Bodkins used to do them regularly. You could also try upstairs in the Quays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JO2L

Hey depending on what area you are looking to have the quiz. The Front Door in Galway City run some fantastic Quiz nights in house and for charities and companies.
    If you want to try somewhere new The Dail Bar Upstairs area can also be used for Quiz Nights earlier in the week .

If you would prefer somewhere in the suburbs Tom Sheridan's on The Clybaun Rd Knocknacarra has a large resturant are upstiars were they hold top class quiz night s for Charity several times a year.

If you are interested in any of these venues call Jayne on 091 563 757

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

First post 2097149329_1ccc8b51e7.jpg
    Referring to pubs all owned by the same company 2097149329_1ccc8b51e7.jpg
    Slyly posting for business2097149329_1ccc8b51e7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

The Ruby Room In the kings head, private room, not sure about the visual connection though but know they do finger food and it would seat about 50 i think.

Was also at a quiz in bodkins before, although i think it was the library bar actually, went to one in crowes too. All decent places

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

There was a Fr. Ted-themed quiz being advertised in Massimo 2 weekends ago. I'm not sure if it was actually held there or somewhere else.

Oh and nice spot Biko! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Huntsman usually is a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Crowes Bar on Bothermore. Think they have a website with info, won't post it in case i get in trouble! ;)

We have used them a few time and there is a nice tight cosy atmosphere there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement