Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blissfully Happy!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

How do you know? I've yet to make a proper jump with my guy...still keeping it very casual. My last relationship went rather pear-shaped after a long time. How do you know? I love hearing happy stories by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

How do you know??

I reckon you have to take the proper jump to find out.

And sometimes when you make that leap it all goes horribly wrong and you end up flat on your arse........and sometimes you keep on flying.

And personally, I think your own personal happiness dictates whether you do or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Zee Deveel

I agree that it's important to be happy within yourself.

That said, I spent a long time single before my current relationship and I was very happy most of the time. I had my issues which would affect me now and then, but for the most part, I absolutely loved life.

With my other half now, I'm happy. Happier in myself than I was before, but whether that's to do with the fact that I'm in such a loving relationship now, or that I've just grown up a lot in the last number of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Such a sweet thread! :)
    My OH is the bizz.. such a sweet and kind guy. Anytime im feeling really down he buys me a present, could be a lolly or a bunch of flowers .. seeing him always makes me feel better though :)
    He followed me half way across the world after just 3 days cos he missed me so much... bless!!
    I appreciate him every day cos i had my fair share of numpties before him so now i count my blessings and hold on tight :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Wooder79 wrote: »
    Hi Honey....you you mind me asking...did you used to post on the VHI site under the name Lonely?...If so this is Val from that thread...I hope it is you as I have thought about Lonely, Hubby and her two Angels over the time since the discussion board there was closed....when I go in to church to light candles I still light one each for little Abby and Ava.

Regardless I'm delighted you too got through to the other side of such an ordeal...there's no underestimating what being in a strong relationship can help you survive...be it marriage, good friendship or having family support. Those of us who are lucky enough to have all three are blessed.

Hi Wooder, I'm afraid that isn't me but I did used to post there... odd such a coincidence but not the right person!!! I don't remember that ID myself either and I was pretty active there for a while.

• Advertisement

How do you know? I've yet to make a proper jump with my guy...still keeping it very casual. My last relationship went rather pear-shaped after a long time. How do you know? I love hearing happy stories by the way!

Good question - I never had any pretty successful relationships pre meeting the hubby. They were a bit wishy washy or plain crap to be honest. Lots of game playing which I'm so rubbish at - can't stand that stuff.

Anyway, before I met him I was pretty content with myself, pretty sure I'd never get married or have someone special in my life and that was ok - I was a nice person and happy with me. But when I met him I just knew - that sounds so stupid really but you do. Actually, as I met him online, I knew from our emails, even before I heard his voice, even before I met him IRL. It could have been that everything he wrote I could have written, that we agreed with so much, had very similar points of view, similar enough backgrounds and upbringings... but there was something else; it was like he could see the real me, the one I knew about, the one we often keep hidden from others - and he liked the real me and I was confidant enough to show him the real me.

He fitted, he was like I'd met the other half of me... all I can tell you, from my experience, you just know. And I know that's frustrating to hear but you do - I asked him to marry me when we'd only spoken once, when we met IRL the first time, he got down on one knee and proposed to me. We were certain from about Day 4 of our emailing relationship and we've never wavered in that certainity.

I hope it happens to you - sometimes you do need to take a total leap of faith and sometimes it doesn't work out but, oh boy, sometimes it really does and you will be so happy that you did it. I hope you find it, I really do.

Salome wrote: »
    I agree that you must be happy in your own skin before you can be in the right frame of mind to allow someone to get under it!

Great line!!!!

Advertisement