Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginners Kayaking for 10 adults?

• 09-03-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for somewhere that this can be done around Dublin, Meath, Wicklow?
    I've had a look on the net but seems to be very kid orientated.
    Just something for a couple of hours on a lake/river.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

talk to these guys. Des is a great guy and will probably be able to help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

You could try East Wall Watersports. Amazing club they have there, hot showers and all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Thanks folks,

I will try Deep Blue Dyf.

I did the East Wall place a few times some years ago.
    All I remember is that the water was wrank :D

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

I'd also look at Wild Water Kayak Club based on the strawberry beds. www.wwkc.net, they run great beginner courses for adults and/or kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Get in contact with these guys.
    Brian Keogh and his partner are great arun adult courses - very relaxed.
    I see them a lot on Blessington Lake and they have plenty of kayaks
    http://www.totalexperience.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 irishlenny

hi
    I would also recommend deepblueseakayaking. Also checkout http://www.shearwaterseakayaking.ie/ based out of Howth. Both are adult orientated.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 gunner0098

Hi folks,

Looking at getting into Kayaking and was wondering if anybody knows anywhere in the Sligo/Roscommon/Leitrim area to get some lessons?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 keltchick

Best Place to start is www.canoe.ie they have info an all kayak related activity and they are very nice & helpful, it's a great sport!! do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 keltchick

new place just launched in Leitrim is sit on top not white water depends what your after!

http://leitrimcanoehire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

gunner0098 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Looking at getting into Kayaking and was wondering if anybody knows anywhere in the Sligo/Roscommon/Leitrim area to get some lessons?

Cheers

Try Galway kayak club if it not too far for you to travel. They might travel to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 theirishboater

check out mo shaol sa bhad for links to some good coaches and clubs!
    plus a loada sweet pics and stories from all over!
    hope this helps,
    Rory

ZuppyLurk wrote: »
    Try Galway kayak club if it not too far for you to travel. They might travel to you.

Thanks for the suggestion ZuppyLark, but Galway is a bit to far for me, I'm in north Roscommon.
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Ah come on, your all up the west, it can't be that far. :-)
    These days if you have 10 people and water, most coaches will come to you. :-)

ZuppyLurk wrote: »
    Ah come on, your all up the west, it can't be that far. :-)
    These days if you have 10 people and water, most coaches will come to you. :-)

Ha! I'll pop on the motorway from Roscommon to Galway! :)

I've got the water but only 2 people (me being one of them!).

I'm thinking of doing a weekend course run by canoe.ie. Looks like the best way for me to get my feet wet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

yea, the courses run by the ICU are very good (the canoe.ie ones) other places you could look at for up Letrim area, theres a new club being set up in Sligo, don't know much about it but if you contact the ICU (office@canoe.ie) they should be able to give you details.

Advertisement