Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on inner wrist

Options
  • 09-03-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

Does anyone have one and does it hurt? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Yeesh. I couldn't.

There's a tattoo forum, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Might have better luck in the tattoo forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Moved from PI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭bubblewrap

Oops sorry, didn't realise!

My sis said it doesn't hurt that much but she has loads!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thanks Thaed :)

Bubblewrap it really comes down to your own personal pain threshold.
    In general tattoos are sore, but bearable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Not that bad a spot really. Unless you have a really low pain threshold for pain that is :D

Well I had one on my lower back about 8 years ago and barely felt it (is only a smallish chinese symbol) but being on the inner wrist, it is all thin and veiny! :eek:

This is the smiley of the day (and my face when I am getting it done!) :eek:

:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

bubblewrap wrote: »
    Well I had one on my lower back about 8 years ago and barely felt it (is only a smallish chinese symbol) but being on the inner wrist, it is all thin and veiny! :eek:

This is the smiley of the day (and my face when I am getting it done!) :eek:

My wrist was the least painful of all of mine.

Aah thank you! So there is no risk of the veins being popped with the needle is there? Arteries! :eek::o

Don't think you've any worries as far as that is concerned :D

• Advertisement

I will end up fainting with thoughts like that in my head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Nope didnt hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Got one done right round my wrist a few weeks ago. Inner (fleshy) part hurt more that the outer part of the wrist. But it's good pain :D and certainly wasn't unbearable! The wrist is not one of the 'painful areas' for tats so if you've got a design in mind go for it...

Ah thank you all! I heard the stomach is the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Does anyone have one and does it hurt? :eek:

I'm the same as you, i have always wanted a tattoo on my inner wrist. Haven't a clue what design i want though.

Well I am getting mine on Thursday so I will let you know what it was like! :eek:

I have a tattoo on my back but no one sees it, I want one people can see to show I am a big brave girl! (Even though I'm not!) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Sasaa

I got mine just a few weeks ago & well.. i think it depends on you, but.. the more u are on your inner arm the easier it is. directly on the inner wrist was a bit hurting ;)

:eek:

I want it not that close to my hand, maybe just over an inch from the wrist crease! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

my OH got a small tattoo on her inner wrist - looks fine, she said it hurt a fair bit but not madly & it did bleed a lot.. there was white (a characters teeth) in her tattoo that had to be done several times because the blood mixed with the white ink and made it pink instead of white.. :)

*FAINT!*

Oh gosh.

The one other thing bothering me is in case I jump or move, they will need to strap me down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

*FAINT!*

Oh gosh.

The one other thing bothering me is in case I jump or move, they will need to strap me down!

heh - I'm sure you will be fine - as you aleady know it can be painful - but you went through it and are doing it again, so you should be grand!

My back one didn't really hurt but I am so scared this will! My sis reckons it will take a matter of minutes so lets hope so!

Argh! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Got my wrist done back in January. It hurt abit more than my forearm, but nothing too bad. Besides, it's a nice kinda pain!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

i have 8 in different areas and the wrist was not even close to the worst! worst was ribs and that was still bearable!!! :D

Good luck if u choose to do it!!!

There is no getting out, it is tomorrow and I have to give 48 hours notice for cancellation! :eek:

My sis works for them and she said the guy who is doing mine is gentle. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Hi bubblewrap, I have a few tatoos and the one on my inner wrist hurt the least, I thought the same as you ....thin skin, veins, sensitive area etc... but it really wasn't sore at all. Good luck tomorrow I hope your happy with it :)

There is no getting out, it is tomorrow and I have to give 48 hours notice for cancellation! :eek:

My sis works for them and she said the guy who is doing mine is gentle. :o

Excellent! :) Where are you getting it done?

Hi,

I am in a small part of the UK so you may not know it! I am so scared now, time is ticking...

I have been reading things on the internet (silly girl) and I have been reading scary stuff like veins popping and the ink spreading because of the thin skin.

Please tell me it is safe. :(

Edit, thanks am i bovvered, that's made me feel better - how big is your tattoo and how long did it take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

As long as you're going to a good, competent tattoo artist it's safe. Think of how many people have wrist tattoos! I'm pretty sure the chances of a vein popping are zero- just relax and think about the end result.

• Advertisement

I need to get the vein thoughts from my head or I will faint!!

My sister works there and highly recommends them, my dad had an excellent tat from the same guy and is going back.

This is mine, as an example: How long do you reckon?
    font_image.php?string=Testing&text_color=000000%0D%0A&size=40&font=Script%20Calligraphy%202.TTF

Advertisement