Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on inner wrist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

20 minutes tattooing time maybe a little more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭bubblewrap

Argh, thought it would be less! :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

It doesn't hurt too much.
    I got one a few weeks ago on my inner wrist,
    Took about 2 & a half hours.
    Color barley hurts, the outline does hurt, but not badly ;)

Heals up very well too, I love it now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 *dolly*

2 and a half hours?!?! what did you get done?!

Argh mine is all outline as I am having a word! :eek:

Stay calm...................:o

2 1/2 hours?! :eek:

• Advertisement

A large stargazer, stars etc, color..
    A friend from england who is a tattoo artist was in my apartment doing it, so not all of the 2 & a half hours was tattooing I guess ;)
    It was a lot more relaxed as I wasn't in a shop

I felt faint booking the appointment, I am so dreading this, the horrible buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz noise. :(

The text is quite ornate, so will take a good deal of precision, and there are some thick parts to it, which will require shading. That's why I'd said 20 minutes, but bear in mind it's a total guess!

I loved getting it done =)

It's a bit scary starting but you gt used to the lil bits of pain.

Drink loadsa lucozade :P

That is another thing that worries me, it looks too easy to go wrong! I sincerely hope he knows what he is doing! :o

I just don't want to end up regretting it.

I need to be strong!!!!

Lucozade is a good idea! :D

• Advertisement

I had to drink loads of lucozade orange, really helps
    I get dizzy when I get tattooed or pierced Lol

I actually quite like the buzzing sound, any time I hear it I want to get another tattoo :D

If the artist is as good as your sister and father claim, then I am sure that you will have no problems. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Bubblewrap--you dont really sound 100% sure about going ahead with this.

Theres absolutely nothing to be nervous about.True its going to hurt a bit but theres no fear of any veins getting hit and I personally dont know anyone who fainted after getting inked.

Just go for it.And put the pics up when you get it done!!!

I really really do want to go ahead, if I don't I will be letting myself down. As long as it looks good and I am happy with it, a little pain will be ok, I think....:o:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I have a tattoo on my inner wrist simuler to the one you are getting, and to be hounest, it was the most painfull tattoo Ive gotton so far. All tattoos hurt somewhat. Its mainly your comfort zone that counts. It should take no more than 10 mins max. When its finnished you will wonder what the fuss was about and will want to get another one straight away.

I have in the past had a high pain threshold but I really don't want to be saying things like that at this moment in time as it may just bite me on the bum! My back tat was absolutely painless, felt like a biro. But back skin is a lot thicker. :eek:

Your back also has "clusters" of nerve endings, which would hurt more... if you could withstand that without any issues, then I think you have nothing to worry about. :)

Don't forget to pop back tomorrow evening with pics ;)

Thank you,

I won't be able to access the net at all tomorrow but will be back Friday (hopefully!:eek::D) so I will get some pics up if I can!

I am ever so scared!! :rolleyes::pac:

Right I am off in a minute, think of me tomorrow afternoon! :eek:

:eek:

It's done! :D

Well I won't lie to you, parts of it HURT. I went all funny at the start but that was because I had worked myself up. I had a lovely lovely tattooist which helped, he took his time but gave me little breaks. I am such a wimp! :D

Anyway, it looks good and I am happy with it. It is just a little stingy and irritating this morning but phew, just thinking of what to get next now! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Good to hear! Post pics :)

Hi,

I don't have the technology of software for pics :o but I can do it at my sisters over the weekend!

Whoo! :D Glad to hear it went well, and look forward to seeing the pics! :)

Thank you!

I have it bandaged up today (which I know isn't ideal) but I don't want to get it infected as I am on the computer all day, using the mouse with that hand and it will rub onto the desk. My tattooist said to just cover it up for a bit but I won't damage it will I if it needs air?

How do you have it "bandaged"?

Ideally you should have it washed, patted dry, moisturised, then covered with cling-film to prevent anything from getting at it.

Also you should try to prevent it from rubbing against anything if you can, such as a wrist wrest for the mouse etc...

If you have a normal or absorbant kind of bandage I'd suggest changing that asap if you can, maybe nip out at lunchtime to replace it with cling-flim?

Hi,

I had it cling filmed yesterday, I put some on this morning but it kept falling off (don't buy Sainsburys value cling film :rolleyes:) - so I put a sterile bandage on, it was irritating me so I have taken it off, I have long sleeves on today, they aren't rubbing but it is protecting it.

The cling film generally won't stay on by itself, and needs surgical tape, or even masking tape, to hold it in place.

I am so dumb! :rolleyes:

At the moment, I have it out with some Bepanthen on it, it seems to be enjoying the fresh air but I am being careful not to touch anything.

Eeeee, can't believe I did it! :D

Bepanthen is great for it, that's how mine healed so fast.
    Anusing thing is trying to shower & keep your one wrist away from the hot water :D

Did you get any color in it?

• Advertisement

No mine is just black. I am not adventurous enough yet to get something colourful! :D

It is a bit itchy today but the cream is helping, yeah they said Bepanthen is good as it stops scabbing, doesn't look good though if nappy rash cream falls out of my bag at work! :D

Advertisement