Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Release - from SD

• 09-03-2009 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Source: PWInsider.com

Developmental talent, Ryan Braddock, was released by WWE this past week. You are probably most familiar with Braddock due to him being the one Jesse and Festus wrapped in duct tape and packing paper in attempt to promote the WWE's move to MyNetwork TV. He was signed by the company in 2005 and worked at both former developmental territories, Deep South and Ohio Valley Wrestling. His latest stint was in Florida Championship Wrestling working a gimmick where he'd take notes on opponents while sitting at ringside with his laptop.

Sorry if already posted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Not really surprised to be honest. From what I can remember, the guy looked kinda chubby and struck me as just looking out of shape. I don't remember being particularly impressed with anything he did in the ring either. It makes you wonder how these guys get brought up to the roster and put on tv in the first place?? There has to be better guys still in FCW. MacIntyre and Smith are 2 that come to mind - i am aware that both have been on the main roster before and have appeared on tv before anyone points it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

In my opinion as soon a wrestler is signed to development they should be assigned a gimmick with the notion of it being used on tv in the future, rather than bring them up giving them gimmicks on the spot and it being a case of sink or swim

If you have your character and gimmick from the early stages you can develop and improve it as you go on and then hopefully you will be a better package by the time your tv call up comes

What I see currently is people doing gimmicks in development getting called up to tv too soon, they are handed a different gimmick (usually awful) or in some cases no gimmick at all just generic ring gear and then you have to try to get over off nothing as even your offence will be limited by management if you are against a full fledged superstar

More often than not the guys cant get over or are not given a chance to and are ultimately released, Why have you paid this guy $500 a week for 2-3 years if you are going to do your best to insure he fails and then release him

Makes **** all sense to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Who the hell is Ryan Braddock?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ShawnRaven wrote: »

Do you really care? Honestly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Advertisement

EXACTLY!!!!
    Oh man, i remember that one... you must be almost as old as I am, Col. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

orestes wrote: »
    Do you really care? Honestly?

Well for the millions on the board who want to get on the Braddock bandwagon.....

Good times:(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Well for the millions on the board who want to get on the Braddock bandwagon.....

Good times:(

Yeah, squashed in 2 minutes on your tv debut, good times indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Don't rip on the "enhancement talent". Who didn't like Sid killing the jobbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I remember seeing him a few times on the indy scene back in the day as Brad Bradley. Punk and Cabana had a few good stories about him because he had some condition that made him fall asleep randomly at times. He fell asleep during matches a few times

I never saw him on Smackdown. I don't know why WWE do this sort of thing so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I thought he was Kevin Thorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

...and yet another
    Kizarny released
    Written: March 9, 2009

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Smackdown Superstar Kizarny as of today, March 19, 2009. WWE wishes Kizarny the best in all future endeavors.

...and yet another

Don't think I ever saw him on tv apart from his promo vids *shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

orestes wrote: »
    Don't think I ever saw him on tv apart from his promo vids *shrugs*
    He beat MVP in a poor match during MVPs losing streak. I'm not surprised he was let go. His gimmick didn't give him any direction. As for Braddock, well he didn't even get a gimmick. If you want jobbers, there are cheaper ways of getting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Fozzy wrote: »
    I never saw him on Smackdown. I don't know why WWE do this sort of thing so much

the only reason i can see why they signed him up because he was 6'4 and 250lb

i expect to see huge cuts to the main wwe roster over the coming months, they have 20+ divas on the main roster for one

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the only reason i can see why they signed him up because he was 6'4 and 250lb

i expect to see huge cuts to the main wwe roster over the coming months, they have 20+ divas on the main roster for one
    You may be right, but I think the likes of Zack Ryder and his ilk may survive because their is a fourth show on its way, WWE superstars.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    You may be right, but I think the likes of Zack Ryder and his ilk may survive because their is a fourth show on its way, WWE superstars.

To be fair, at least Ryder and Hawkins & co have some talent. Kizarny and Boogeyman were utter dross and had no business in the promotion in the first place.

To be fair, at least Ryder and Hawkins & co have some talent. Kizarny and Boogeyman were utter dross and had no business in the promotion in the first place.

Never a truer word spoken....:P

Advertisement