Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Processing

Options
  • 09-03-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

I was wondering who you guys would recommend for Credit card processing on the web. We have a site which we'll be adding this to soon and really don't have much experience in this area.

I was told that you can only have only digital cert per server is that correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Actually someone did recommend http://www.realexpayments.com. Anyone use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, I've recently integrated Realex with a couple of sites. Their support is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

I would second realex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I use http://www.2checkout.com/community/

Can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Another vote for Realex here. Quite simple to implement, and anytime I've liased with their support staff they've been very helpful.

They also have a model where if you want you can redirect to a secure payment page hosted on their server so you don't need to worry about SSL certs. Doesn't suit every application but it can be handy.

• Advertisement

Duckjob wrote: »
    They also have a model where if you want you can redirect to a secure payment page hosted on their server so you don't need to worry about SSL certs. Doesn't suit every application but it can be handy.

Yep, that's what I went with - not quite as clean looking as having it all contained on the one site, but still nice to never have to deal with credit card information.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are several options open to you, though you'll need to evaluate which one fits best with the level of online sales you do vs. the cost of using it

Realex - you'll need your own merchant account to use them. Realex provides a payment gateway, as already mentioned, which hooks into your merchant a/c with your bank. Upside - you'll be able to process visa / mastercard and Laser

2Checkout - cheap and easy to get setup with, but you won't see your money for several weeks. You also can't use them for Laser (unless they've changed since we used them)

Paypal - easy to setup, but you can't process Laser.

Are there many other sites that offer the same as 2Checkout- i.e. you don't need a merchant account? I'm sure 2CO are good, but would be interested in checking out other players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 hedgehog33

Worldpay is another option if you don't want to set up a merchant account. I have heard though that they hold on to funds for up to 6 weeks before paying over so not ideal from a cash flow perspective.

Thanks - I had another look online last night, and chronopay.com also seem to offer this service (IPSP).

• Advertisement
Advertisement