Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheese and Onion overtakes Ready Salted!?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Samurai wrote: »
    Jeesus i had no idea ready salted was so popular i always assumed cheese and onion was miles ahead

Would of thought the same thing as well.

Like people out there actually like salt and vinegar flavor crisps its not some urban legend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Ready Salted taste like something that was dragged up a ****ing mountain made of assholes tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ready Salted are the mank, always the last option (would even put them behind prawn cocktail crisps).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ready salted or salt & vinegar FTW

Cheese and onion aren't nearly as nice.

Tayto are crappy crisps too, you always get loads of green / black icky one, ****ty quality. Hunky Dories or walkers are much better

Agree 100% about Tayto having loads of manky looking crisps in the packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Chilli & chocolate washed down with a pint of 17 week old milk. Mmmm I love getting sick!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Dragan wrote: »
    Ready Salted taste like something that was dragged up a ****ing mountain made of assholes tbh.

caranpoohil?? kpoo? mount kilibumjaro?

god, im on fire today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ready Salted is not a "flavour" ffs.

Just like "Original" Hula Hoops.

Original WHAT?

Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Des wrote: »
    Ready Salted is not a "flavour" ffs.

Just like "Original" Hula Hoops.

Original WHAT?

Morons.

Original Flavour. I presume they mean before flavour was invented so it just tastes like nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

hunky dories buffalo flavour ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This must be outside Ireland, probably UK. AFAIK tayto were the very first company to introduce the cheese & onion flavour in any country.
    Tayto is a major Irish crisps and popcorn manufacturer, credited with having developed cheese and onion crisps in 1954, having developed the technology to flavour crisps in the process

Like a lot of things you grow up with you never question it. To me "cheese & onion" WERE crisps, it was the "plain flavour". e.g. if somebody asked do you want crisps I would have presumed they were cheese n onion. If you asked and did not specify in a shop I would expect cheese n onion.

It is similar to vanillla ice cream in that way, you grew up with it as standard and never really think about it.

My brother despises onions yet would eat the crisps without a second thought. I remember once making a cheese & onion sandwich and he was going mental "WTF is that", the moment the words came out he was going "oh yeah! never even thought of it like that".

I always thought it was very odd that ready salted were not readily available here when I was growing up. Seems a very obvious flavour.

If they were never out before it would sound a strange combination. If 7up was released today I would think it a very odd name, always bugged me, just checked it now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Up
    According to Professor Donald Sadoway (MIT) the name is derived from the atomic mass of Lithium, 7, which was originally one of the key ingredients of the drink (as lithium citrate).
    How did I not guess that! seems fecking obvious now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Aw the beef hola hoops!
    Bring back worcester sauce:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

greetings wrote: »
    Bring back worcester sauce:(

Its already back! Not sure if available in shops yet,but definitely in the multipacks,had a pack the other day! Nyom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

donmeister wrote: »
    Its already back! Not sure if available in shops yet,but definitely in the multipacks,had a pack the other day! Nyom!

I LOVE YOU

Advertisement