Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Skelly and Legal Action?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Correct.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

A contract with a gym will not have any effect on your credit rating.

Non payment of bills "could" if it goes far enough though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Cabaal wrote: »
    Non payment of bills "could" if it goes far enough though
    How?

They would need a court judgement and they would need to register said judgement in the High Court.
    For a gym that won't happen as the debt would never be high enough (over €6350) to warrant registration in the High Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Read up on Direct Debit plus and Originator Plus.
    Aye, "Direct Debit plus" was what I was thinking of. JS has it, and even though I've cancelled the contract, AIB told me that they can only stop the DD for 3 months, and after that, JS can continue to take money out of my account due to DDp.

• Advertisement

Registered letter to both JS and AIB threatening legal action should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Registered letter to both JS and AIB threatening legal action should do the trick.
    Aye, done that. They haven't taken any money from me since then (been a few months at this stage), so I assume they got the message.

F**kers still haven't sent me a copy of my original contract, though, which is meant to say it wasn't a 3 month contract, even though it said on the the paper that I signed that it was a 3 month contract... ah well.

Anyone know what the time limit is for bringing a company to the SCC?

6 years.

Advertisement