Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick q on the google phone

• 09-03-2009 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

whats the easiest way to get a G1 or the newer phone in Ireland?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can you buy it online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think Vodafone have and exclusive on it here...no sign of it on there website yet though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I think Vodafone have and exclusive on it here...no sign of it on there website yet though...
    I think that only applies to the G2 (Magic). Not sure if anyone here will take on the G1. I remember rumours about 3 taking it but thats ended up with bupkis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

www.expansys.ie
    They sell them unlocked and refurbished! Needless to say they are expensive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

thanks!

Yikes thats €800 !

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=175554

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and people thought apple were bad at their pricing?

i've used a G1 and whilst i'm impressed with the OS the phone is a major let down especially if it costs you the guts of a €1k to have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

and people thought apple were bad at their pricing?

i've used a G1 and whilst i'm impressed with the OS the phone is a major let down especially if it costs you the guts of a €1k to have one.
    Since the prices of certain sim-free handsets have become the same as some laptops, I've learnt to look the other way while shaking my head in disbelief.

If anyone is interested in the G1, I would recommend they either wait for the G2 or buy an alternative handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

google phone is the new jesus phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I bought one unlocked off ebay last week for €300 including shipping. Ebay is, unfortunately, pretty much the best place to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

phlegms wrote: »
    I bought one unlocked off ebay last week for €300 including shipping. Ebay is, unfortunately, pretty much the best place to get them.

what you think of it ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement