Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Mobile Service

• 09-03-2009 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Moving into new house this week. Just discovered no one has mobile coverage inside the house. What can we do to rectify. Service is 02 :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Moving into new house this week. Just discovered no one has mobile coverage inside the house. What can we do to rectify. Service is 02 :mad:

move house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I don't know if you have many options.

Changing service is really the only option. There was talk of some repeaters/signal boosters, but I don't really know if they work. Do a search, I think this has come up before.

Alternatively, you could put in some very big windows. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Redirect your calls to your landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

external antenna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would probably opt to change network but that's just because I couldn't put up with the inconvenience daily. I changed network before as well when my work didn't have coverage.

You could try switching to 3g to see if that makes it any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What kind of phone are you using, can you go into settings, network settings and do a manual network search, should give you an idea of what networks are around, do it from a 3G capable phone if possible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ardmacha wrote: »
    Redirect your calls to your landline.

A very expensive solution tbh

Advertisement