Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 316i Estate Tracking

Options
  • 09-03-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

My wife brought her car to a local tyre and tracking place to have the tracking done (it was pulling to the left a bit). The guy there gave her a rate and told her it would be more if the suspension needed adjusting (he quoted her a per hour rate for this work). Is this a mechanic setting her up to overcharge her or is there something different about getting the tracking done on a BMW?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Sounds like a load of tosh. Where are you? Dave McCann (Blanchardstown) does this all day long and can be trusted not to rip you off. Obviously it may be something more serious, but get the tracking done first and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

what year is it?

i had my E36 in for 4 wheel alignment and it took nearly an hour!
    the rears are difficult to adjust as you have to loosen 3 bolts on the suspension arm and move it by tapping the arm with hammer and chisel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm very careful where I get this done

Some pillock charged me 40euro to have some fool who didn't know his arse from his head do the 'whole job' on my car. Turns out he only checked for toe in/out and car wasn't much better - This from a 'reputable' Galway Tyre Centre

Took it to a garage that a friend works in last week as they had just spent 80k euro on a new machine and had everyone sent off on a training course to work it properly. It took them 1.5 hours (I sh1t you not) and got everything PERFECT.. Camber, Caster, Toe etc. The total charge was still 40euro. Car now drives much better, doesn't pull to the left etc. etc.

It's the only place i'd recommend in Galway to get this work done as they went through every last adjustment that can be made. PM me if you want to know the garage

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sneepmo

Hi John, I'd appreciate it if you could forward me the name of that garage. I'm based in Galway so i'd prefer to go somewhere recommended than go somewhere blind!

Cheers,

Morgan

Advertisement