Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

coach22 wrote: »
    ****!!! is there anything i can do at all then?

Sorry to say you cant.

if the gevey sim wont work your better off selling your iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Sorry to say you cant.

if the gevey sim wont work your better off selling your iphone.

not much point in selling it if it cant be unlocked! i guess il just use it as an ipod for now! sickened cant believe i bricked it! do you reckon there is any possibility of this baseband being unlockable in the future?

not much point in selling it if it cant be unlocked! i guess il just use it as an ipod for now! sickened cant believe i bricked it! do you reckon there is any possibility of this baseband being unlockable in the future?

dude you will be waiting for a long while. some guys have been waiting for the past 2yrs for the ultrasn0w unlock.

I dont think it will come out.

The gevey sim will be out in less than a months time. its way better than nothing.

Dont tell me you bought it from the states ?

no the phone is locked to o2 in the uk and i was using the gevey sim to unlock it when it had baseband 4.10.1. do you think there will be a gevey sim for baseband 4.11.08 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

no the phone is locked to o2 in the uk and i was using the gevey sim to unlock it when it had baseband 4.10.1. do you think there will be a gevey sim for baseband 4.11.08 then?

you can only hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

sbssettings disappeared in the search for iphone 4 ios5.01 i am guessing its not compatible
    Nope, have it here. Got error on first attempt. Retried and installed fine.

I updated my iPhone to ios5.01.
    i synced and transfered purchases to/fro from iphone to pc vice/visa.

so after restoring iphone i cant restore from back up.

the restore from back up tab is missing from iTunes section.

so i went to devices history and the last back up i had was on the 9/5/2011.

i thought that as soon as you sync the iPhone its automatically backed up ?
    how do i fix this mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KiraXD

barryd09 wrote: »
    got my ipad 1 updated to 5.0.1 and then jailbroke with the latest redsnow.
    cydia is installed but im having issues installing certain sources and things like SBsettings,any ideas?
    could there be issues getting stuff from cydia on account of the possible high traffic to cydia after the untethered was released??

" I wasnt able to locate file for the preference loader package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package"

also

" HTTP:1.1 500 Internal Server Error"

these are the messages im getting when i try to install anything from cydia

re-jailbreak with the new redsn0w 0.9.10b1 that will re-install cydia without the junk. youll keep most of the stuff youve just restored with PKG backup (this was my personal problem) but the files related to cydia will be fresh from redsn0w.

this helped me get rid of all the errors cydia was giving me after the 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak and PKG backup restore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Soarer

the update isnt going well for me.
    after restoring my iphone 4 there was no option to restore as a back up. i hav lost all my apps amd mail.

i definitely synced my iphone 4 before doing the update.

Do you have Tiny Umbrella installed and have it set to send backups to Cydia?

That caught me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Updated and jailbroke tonight, getting these icons now on my phone, anyone know what they are and how to get rid?

Untitled_220.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KiraXD

Simply Red wrote: »
    Updated and jailbroke tonight, getting these icons now on my phone, anyone know what they are and how to get rid?

Untitled_220.png

reboot... they show up every once in a while randomly... they are i believe stock files used by the iphone (i really dont know... ive clicked on them before when they pop up but nothing happens.. but its super rare they do show up, and a reboot has ALWAYS gotten rid of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Well that was an easy fix :pac:
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I jailbroke my 4 yesterday. Took about 5 minutes. The longest part was the transfer of apps. I'm so happy. No problems. Customised the whole layout of the phone and finally have Panoramic on the camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

Why can't you sell it to someone on 02?it's certainly not bricked if it works on that network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

the update isnt going well for me.
    after restoring my iphone 4 there was no option to restore as a back up. i hav lost all my apps amd mail.

i definitely synced my iphone 4 before doing the update.

Did you hacktivate the phone? Seems theres a problem with the activation process used. Just follow this and try to restore from backup again :)

If you need anymore help PM me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Didn't update to 5.0.1 in case it didnt support the jailbreak

After seeing it was untethered on 5.0.1 , I decided to update it through itunes.

Probably the most worst thing to do after waiting on a jailbreak for so long.

Anyone know whats the best I can do now? Semi-tethered?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I've updated my iphone 4 to ios 5.0.1 and jailbroken but now its stuck on the apple logo when it boots up.

I've tried to restore it by itunes and custom restore firmware. ive also tried the just boot tethered option through redsnow and many other tips and tricks that i could find on the internet!

I'm still stuck on the apple logo.

Any help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I had a problem with this jailbreak.

It all seemed to go fine but when it was done all the packages in cydia gave a "no package" message so I restarted the ipad and now cydia crashes immediately on opening it.

Anyone got any advice please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I had a problem with this jailbreak.

It all seemed to go fine but when it was done all the packages in cydia gave a "no package" message so I restarted the ipad and now cydia crashes immediately on opening it.

Anyone got any advice please ?

It appears Cydia is just overloaded with the 1000s upon 1000s of newly jailbroken devices.

I updated to 5.0.1 and followed all instruction to jb which seemed to go fine. When I tried to launch cydia I got "I wasnt able to locate file for the preference loader package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package" message for every package I tried to search for. I restarted the ipad and now cydia wont open at all. It crashes immediately on opening.

What do I do next ?:/

• Advertisement

karljd wrote: »
    Why can't you sell it to someone on 02?it's certainly not bricked if it works on that network.
    Yeah ive ordered an o2 micro sim from the U.K to see does the phone work with it. I live on the border so if i get reception Il try sell it to someone in the U.K otherwise its just an expensive ipod touch!

This is your lucky day i just figured out to unlock your iphone for under 30e.

first but a micro sim with 20pounds credit from the uk.

when you have it call a number to activate it, then call o2 uk customer care that you want to unlock it.

They will take an administration fee off you which is 15pounds.

then wait till they send your imei to apple to unlock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Jailbreak worked fine, but ibooks does not work it seems to be a know issue. Still looking for a fix for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Had same problems with Cydia and packages...did a reboot, Cydia now wont open and it has caused Safari not to open and has email does not work..:confused:

In the middle of doing a restore

:(

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

This is your lucky day i just figured out to
    Unlock your iphone for under 30e.

Thanks il give it a try and let u know if it's successful!

Had same problems with Cydia and packages...did a reboot, Cydia now wont open and it has caused Safari not to open and has email does not work..:confused:

Sorry to hear that but glad I'm not alone! Let me know how you got on. I'm going to do a restore in a little while when I get the chance.

Sounds to me that the jailbreak wasn't tethered, this is what happens when the phone boots "semi-tethered"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I have a teathered jailbreak on my apple tv2! does this mean that anytime it goes to sleep that i will have to boot it from my computer or is it only when the power source is removed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just went and done my first jailbreak, everythings working fine so far. Now to download a few apps!

• Advertisement

Thanks il give it a try and let u know if it's successful!

No probs tomorrow morning arround 10, try and have a chat with o2 customer care team from the uk.

Its way faster.

Advertisement