Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Is there any list of add ons for the XBMC on appletv2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Jailbroke my factory unlocked iPhone 4 today and installed iphonedelivery for sms reports, now any time I go to messages it flashes up and the app closes. I've uninstalled iphonedelivery and reset my phone (power and home buttons) but it's still happening.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I re-added the source then uninstalled the program, messages are working OK now. Don't think iphonedelivery works with iOS5 however...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hapenny

why dont you just put in a unlock request to apple, Pick option moving to another country and you'll have a factory unlock within a week, you need to send the request through your operator though.

heres the o2.ie unlock request link, hope it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

TheZohan wrote: »
    Jailbroke my factory unlocked iPhone 4 today and installed iphonedelivery for sms reports, now any time I go to messages it flashes up and the app closes. I've uninstalled iphonedelivery and reset my phone (power and home buttons) but it's still happening.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I re-added the source then uninstalled the program, messages are working OK now. Don't think iphonedelivery works with iOS5 however...

According to this you're good to go....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US.&hl=en_US.&key=0AsbX6Mjabf0idHJRSk51NW9KUjJabTZVcTNZekVqSmc&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=500

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

ok here goes. i have an iphone 3gs that im selling. but first i want to unlock it again before i put it on ebay. it was jailbroken and unlocked with the changed baseband. i used a custom ipsw to update it to ios 5 and lost the unlock cause i only use other sims during the summer while im away. there are jailbreaks available seemingly but they are all for ios 5.0.1. so i tried to cook a custom 5.0.1 ipsw but redsnow 0.9.95b (the latest one) says it doesnt recognise it. where do i go from here?

just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

theliam wrote: »
    ok here goes. i have an iphone 3gs that im selling. but first i want to unlock it again before i put it on ebay. it was jailbroken and unlocked with the changed baseband. i used a custom ipsw to update it to ios 5 and lost the unlock cause i only use other sims during the summer while im away. there are jailbreaks available seemingly but they are all for ios 5.0.1. so i tried to cook a custom 5.0.1 ipsw but redsnow 0.9.95b (the latest one) says it doesnt recognise it. where do i go from here?

just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. thanks[/QUOTE
    is cydia still installed on the phone

Any ideas?

It's working perfectly on iOS 5.0.1 for me.

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Karsini wrote: »
    It's working perfectly on iOS 5.0.1 for me.

Cheers, might try it again so.

• Advertisement

Cheers, might try it again so.

If you have the iOS 5 compatible version then it should show up like this under Settings > Messages

Photo%2004-01-2012%2018%2054%2057.png

Photo%2004-01-2012%2018%2054%2053.png

If you have the iOS 5 compatible version then it should show up like this under Settings > Messages

That's not what I had. Which source did you add? I used

http://iphonedelivery.advinux.com/cydia

That's not what I had. Which source did you add? I used

http://iphonedelivery.advinux.com/cydia

I used that repo. There's two listed on there, one is version 0.3.8.10 and the other is 0.5.2-25. The latter is the current version.

There is another one you can try if stuck:

http://iphonedelivery.advinux.com/ios5ms

This hosts some beta tests but should still work.

I used that repo. There's two listed on there, one is version 0.3.8.10 and the other is 0.5.2-25. The latter is the current version.

There is another one you can try if stuck:

http://iphonedelivery.advinux.com/ios5ms

This hosts some beta tests but should still work.

Cheers, I added the wrong version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Updated to 5.0.1 via itunes and jailbroken via redsnow.

Very simple and damn it I'm glad to have the jailbreak back.

massy086 wrote: »

just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. thanks[/QUOTE
    is cydia still installed on the phone

nope its not there. tried to install it using redsnow but theres just a plain white icon and says cydia but doesnt launch. should i just try again?

nope its not there. tried to install it using redsnow but theres just a plain white icon and says cydia but doesnt launch. should i just try again?

Sounds like the phone is still tethered, does it work if you run redsn0w and choose the "Just boot" option?

Sounds like the phone is still tethered, does it work if you run redsn0w and choose the "Just boot" option?

hmm, thought it wasnt tethered... but not really sure. did that and cydia opens runs now.. what next?

hmm, thought it wasnt tethered... but not really sure. did that and cydia opens runs now.. what next?

Install "Corona 5.0.1 Untether" from Cydia and you should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Phone jailbroken however I never saved the old baseband. Is there anyway I can can u unlock it on 04.11.08 with or without my old Gevey?

• Advertisement

Phone jailbroken however I never saved the old baseband. Is there anyway I can can u unlock it on 04.11.08 with or without my old Gevey?

what model iphone have u got

Install "Corona 5.0.1 Untether" from Cydia and you should be good.

thanks for the help so far. it wont let me install that cause im running 5 not 5.0.1

thanks for the help so far. it wont let me install that cause im running 5 not 5.0.1

I don't think there's an untethered jailbreak for 5.0, you'll either have to update to 5.0.1 or remain tethered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 winsome

hi-is there any way to prolong the battery life of an iphone 4-its got installous on it..but battery life very very poor.thanks

what model iphone have u got
    Standard 4. Purchased last feb

Standard 4. Purchased last feb

no way to unlock then at the moment

no way to unlock then at the moment
    Even through 02 if I requested an unlock code?

yes thats the only way you will unlock it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yes thats the only way you will unlock it
    Or a gevey sim

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Or a gevey sim
    Gevey won't work on a 04.11.08 platform, I tried it. I have one if anyone is looking to unlock earlier versions.

Advertisement