Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

guil wrote: »
    Or a gevey sim
    Gevey won't work on a 04.11.08 platform, I tried it. I have one if anyone is looking to unlock earlier versions.
    Never used a gevey but I though someone posted here saying they used one on iOS 5/5.0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Never used a gevey but I though someone posted here saying they used one on iOS 5/5.0.1
    Its not IOS 5/0/1 thats the problem, its the updated baseband that throws it off.

Its not IOS 5/0/1 thats the problem, its the updated baseband that throws it off.
    I just presumed whoever posted it updated normally

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Hi guys, I need some help.

Im trying to jailbreak my iphone4 with 0.9.910b2 and am getting nowhere, I have the phone plugged in with the usb cable, turn the phone off completely, then do the power button/home button routine as per instructions, only thing is after I let go of the power button and the redsn0w goes to a new window which says "please wait while your build is being identified" and down the bottom there is a progress bar which fills almost and says "exploiting with limera1n"

But this is where it stops, progress bar stops and the itunes logo with the usb cable comes up on screen.

I am on ios5.0.1 so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Please give us a hand!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

Alright lads, just wantin to know can any of you PM me a list of good working sources to add to cydia, or good apps/tweaks to get, its the 1st time i've jailbroken in years so kinda new to it again,

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Hi

Is it possible to downgrade iphone 3gs baseband from 6.15.00 to 5.13.04?

cheers for any info

PC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

portcrap wrote: »
    Hi

cheers for any info

PC ;)

No. It's not possible to downgrade any baseband.

jarvis wrote: »
    portcrap wrote: »
    Hi

cheers for any info

PC ;)

No. It's not possible to downgrade any baseband.
    Unless you have a 3G with the 5.8 boot loader

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Colin D

Is it possible to unlock an iphone 4 on the vodafone network so I can use it on the o2 network or do I have to get vodafone to unlock it? my problem is that I found an iphone 4 and gave it to the Gardai. It wasn't claimed after 30 days so legally it is now mine but I have an account with o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Colin D wrote: »
    Is it possible to unlock an iphone 4 on the vodafone network so I can use it on the o2 network or do I have to get vodafone to unlock it? my problem is that I found an iphone 4 and gave it to the Gardai. It wasn't claimed after 30 days so legally it is now mine but I have an account with o2.
    sounds like a nice free iphone for you do u know what firmware its on and what baseband also

• Advertisement

firmware 04.11.08
    sorry, what is baseband?

firmware 04.11.08
    sorry, what is baseband?

nah only way to unlock at the moment is tru vodaphone:mad::mad:

Doh!! they wont do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Id say the phone is black listed now as the owner more than likely reported it lost/stolen. It might work abroad but I doubt it will work in Ireland. They only way to unlock baseband 4.11.08 is officaly through the carrier, vodafone wont do it for you as the imei is blacklisted so that phone is not gona be unlockabale! Sell it on ebay as iphone no service. They still make a good bit of money and buy an unlocked one then

It works on the vodafone network, I tried my mates sim card and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Is there any list of add ons for the XBMC on appletv2?

They are listed according to category in the system settings menu

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

It works on the vodafone network, I tried my mates sim card and it worked.
    thats pretty lucky! Id think about moving to vodafone then!

can't as my current iphone 3g is a work phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

coach22 wrote: »
    thats pretty lucky! Id think about moving to vodafone then!
    Get your mate to ring up and give the IMEI. They should unlock it for him as he's a Vodafone customer

• Advertisement

Do they text an NAC to him?

Do they text an NAC to him?
    No they send a request to Apple then text him when its gone through. You then connect the iPhone to iTunes with an unrecognised sim and it will unlock through iTunes

Thanks

Im trying to jailbreak my iphone4 with 0.9.910b2 and am getting nowhere, I have the phone plugged in with the usb cable, turn the phone off completely, then do the power button/home button routine as per instructions, only thing is after I let go of the power button and the redsn0w goes to a new window which says "please wait while your build is being identified" and down the bottom there is a progress bar which fills almost and says "exploiting with limera1n"

But this is where it stops, progress bar stops and the itunes logo with the usb cable comes up on screen.

Anyone????

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure why it doesn't work, try a later version of redsnow?
    http://www.jailbreaknation.com/downloads1/download
    0.9.10b3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Anyone????

Maybe connect to iTunes, get it up and running again and give it anther go?

Anyone????

Or try on a different laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

This might help if you're running Win 7 or Vista.

Right click on the redsnow.exe and set compatability to win xp, then right click on redsnow.exe again and run as administrator, then try to jb again.
    Same happened me, this fixed it.
    Hope it works...

Tried that and there was actually compatibility issues.
    Seems to be the same thing though, I'm following the following instructions:
    Plug usb in, attach to laptop, power off iphone
    right click on redsn0w and run as admin
    click jailbreak, next
    hold power for 3 seconds, then hold both power + home for 10 seconds, then just power for 13 seconds(or whatever it takes)
    Next screen pops up and it kind of hangs saying "exploiting with limer1a"
    Maybe I'm not leaving it long enough?
    I keep the home button pressed as long as I can but after a few mins I just give up, am I doing it right?

How long should it take to bring up the next set of options?

• Advertisement

No they send a request to Apple then text him when its gone through. You then connect the iPhone to iTunes with an unrecognised sim and it will unlock through iTunes

I've unlocked two iPhones via Vodafone recently, my own iPhone 4 and a 3GS. I received an e-mail confirmation that the request had been approved. However I didn't get the unlock complete message in iTunes with either phone. I haven't tested my phone as I don't have a Micro SIM to test with, but the 3GS is indeed unlocked despite not getting the Unlock Complete message.

Advertisement