Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Jackpot, had to plug out all other usb devices, plug this into usb 2.0, not 3.0! ANd reboot laptop, try again and byango (bingo)

Cheers for the suggestions, tried em all, probably helped as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Hi guys,
    I have an iphone4 here running on 4.3.2 and baseband 04.10.01. I have a a gevey supreme sim that I'm trying to use to unlock it. I've try to follow the tutorials online and YouTube. I have the gevey sim in along with the O2 sim but instead of getting the option to accept and dial 112 I just get a message saying "sim locked"

It's an American iphone, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

sandt wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have an iphone4 here running on 4.3.2 and baseband 04.10.01. I have a a gevey supreme sim that I'm trying to use to unlock it. I've try to follow the tutorials online and YouTube. I have the gevey sim in along with the O2 sim but instead of getting the option to accept and dial 112 I just get a message saying "sim locked"

It's an American iphone, any suggestions?

Is the phone jailbroken? It needs to be jailbroken for the gevey sim to work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hi all,

Just tried to jailbreak an apple tv unit using seas0npass but got an error in itunes when reinstalling software.
    Error read --- The Apple "Apple TV" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602).

When I hook back up to TV its asking me to reconnect to itunes. Im trying to restore through Itunes but its giving me the same message again as above. Anyone any ideas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

coach22 wrote: »
    Is the phone jailbroken? It needs to be jailbroken for the gevey sim to work

No, it doesn't need to be jailbroken at all. The sim is locked, that's all. If you take the pin off with an 02 iPhone you should be good to go.

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    No, it doesn't need to be jailbroken at all. The sim is locked, that's all. If you take the pin off with an 02 iPhone you should be good to go.

Great thanks, got that sorted. It's now unlocked, but I thought this gevey supreme was supposed to keep details? I rebooted the phone after it was unlocked and had to do the whole process again! Will this phone have to stay on all the time, otherwise have to go through the whole process Everytime?

Also is there a quick way to keep the unlock and update to ios5?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

did the jailbreak it the other day, with beta 3, worked fine until tonight, the springboard is after crashin a few times on me, & goes into safe mode.. I noticed it seems to be happenin when I'm readin a text and someone else texts me, for some strange reason.. Any help lads? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Great thanks, got that sorted. It's now unlocked, but I thought this gevey supreme was supposed to keep details? I rebooted the phone after it was unlocked and had to do the whole process again! Will this phone have to stay on all the time, otherwise have to go through the whole process Everytime?

Also is there a quick way to keep the unlock and update to ios5?

You have to do it all again every time phone is turned off. Not sure about update, I think some basebands kick the gevey off.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

I have an iphone 4 with ios 5.0.1 and frimware 4.11.08 its it possible to unlock it?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I have an iphone 4 with ios 5.0.1 and frimware 4.11.08 its it possible to unlock it?:confused:
    Nope you're stuck. No gevey can unlock 4.11.08

There are ways around this but its too late for u now

Call the operator

• Advertisement

Dr Nic wrote: »

Call the operator

Am i just stuck until they figure a how to unlock it or am I completely stuck?

Dr Nic wrote: »

Call the operator

Am i just stuck until they figure a how to unlock it or am I completely stuck?
    Until they figure an unlock.
    No idea when that will be.
    Pod2g jailbreaks 4s and he has a great blog. Don't know who works on unlocks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Hi.
    I had an iPhone 4 on three network which unfortunately is damaged beyond repair so I am looking to buy another one second hand.

I have seen a jailbroken iPhone 4 locked to three network on adverts.ie that I am interested in getting.
    My question is regarding setting this up. I am not too well up on phones so bear with me...
    I seem to recall from my original iPhone that I had to connect it through iTunes on my laptop to get it to work correctly. Given that this ?would be a second hand phone would I have any problems doing this again on the new phone?
    Will I be able to just put my existing three SIM card into the phone and see it working straight away? This would obviously help me when picking up from the seller so I know I am not being scammed!

Sorry if this has been answered before elsewhere in this thread or if this is in the wrong place.

Hi Gaillimh,
    It might have been my iphone you looked at...
    Yes you'll be able to use a 3 sim in it straight away.
    And yes it will work with itunes off your laptop.
    Its fully jailbroken too on ios 5.0.1(the latest apple software), so you have access to cydia & installous which means pretty much every free app you can think of

Thanks!

ok this is a bit long winded but bear with me!!

i have a friend of mines iphone 3gs originally from america, it was unlocked a working here fine, but my friend went into the reset options to delete contacts etc. and it lost the unlock+ jailbreak. it then wouldnt even charge for him.

so i got it into DFU and had to do a restore through itunes which brought it up to 5.0.1 and re-locked it. I have followed this guide to try and unlock it again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNK_ZXqF6r0&feature=g-like&context=G204ae57ALTv2xBQAAAA

but this hasnt worked. ive tried it 3 times and each time it comes up with the "Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone" message comes up. ive checked with TinyUmberella and the phone is on 5.0.1 with baseband 06.15.00 which i think should be able to be unlocked.

any ideas what i'm doing wrong??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

ok this is a bit long winded but bear with me!!

i have a friend of mines iphone 3gs originally from america, it was unlocked a working here fine, but my friend went into the reset options to delete contacts etc. and it lost the unlock+ jailbreak. it then wouldnt even charge for him.

so i got it into DFU and had to do a restore through itunes which brought it up to 5.0.1 and re-locked it. I have followed this guide to try and unlock it again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNK_ZXqF6r0&feature=g-like&context=G204ae57ALTv2xBQAAAA

but this hasnt worked. ive tried it 3 times and each time it comes up with the "Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone" message comes up. ive checked with TinyUmberella and the phone is on 5.0.1 with baseband 06.15.00 which i think should be able to be unlocked.

any ideas what i'm doing wrong??

thanks

how did you restore if its on 06.15.00?

Jailbreak and install ultrasn0w. should then be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭AustinByrnes

hello,

i have an ipad 1 thats currently jailbroken

its firmware is 4.2.1(8c148)

but latley with certain apps coming out it wont let me download becuase they are only compatible with a higher ios

please see pics for example.

my question is with ios 5 now out if i am going to break the current jailbreak , to then jailbreak again,then rather then just go up to 4.3 should i not just go up to ios5 now and if so can i jailbreak it on ios5 or should i stay where i am.

Update::: so i decided to update to ios 5 as too many apps required ios5. so i connected ipad to itunes it read it told me a update to ios5 was available i accepted it. but its been stuck on ipad restoring screen for 3 hours now, so i assume somethings gone wrong.

any help?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ok so I have successfully jailbroken my ipad 1.However I have no multitasking gestures, not that they arent working, I dont even have the option of them in "settings".

Is this the case for everyone with ipad 1?
    If so is there anything I can do about it ? On the jb program/app it gave you an option to install gestures when you were installing cydia. Was I supposed to do that? Can I go back to it and just install gestures without rejailbreaking etc again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Ok so I have successfully jailbroken my ipad 1.However I have no multitasking gestures, not that they arent working, I dont even have the option of them in "settings".

Is this the case for everyone with ipad 1?
    If so is there anything I can do about it ? On the jb program/app it gave you an option to install gestures when you were installing cydia. Was I supposed to do that? Can I go back to it and just install gestures without rejailbreaking etc again?

My ipad 1 has multi gestures,theres an option for it in settings>general and under rotation lock/mute toggle,im on 5.0.1. Weird that you dont have them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

barryd09 wrote: »
    My ipad 1 has multi gestures,theres an option for it in settings>general and under rotation lock/mute toggle,im on 5.0.1. Weird that you dont have them :confused:

Thanks for the reply barryd09.:)

I have lock rotation and mute but no gestures. Did you click the "gestures" option when you were clicking install cydia when you were jbing?

Anyone know if I can do anything about not having it without jbing all over again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Help needed drop iphone 4 last night it went off and would not come back on. Plug in charger came on then this morning same happened now stuck in recovery error 21 now. Anyone have any ideas it was jailbroke unteathered.
    Thanks

Is it possible to downgrade ios?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Depends on what version you're on.

biko wrote: »
    Depends on what version you're on.

im on 5.01, im planing on using this method http://www.ehow.com/how_6143631_downgrade-iphone.html although im worried i might end up making a has of it and ruin the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

1. 501 cannot be downgraded (last time I checked) but google around and have a go anyway.
    Before you start, back up the whole phone to icloud. This because when you restore from icloud the phone will be exactly like you left it, it's better than itunes.

2. It is highly unlikely you will ruin the phone. Worst case scenario will be that you have to restore it to 501 again from itunes.
    Much as I've been messing around with jailbreaks on phones I've yet to see or hear about a bricked phone. Itunes always have picked the device up and restored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hey peeps I am hoping to unlock my iphone 4

Version: 4.3.5 (8L1)

Firmware: 04.10.0

Is it possible???

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Hey peeps I am hoping to unlock my iphone 4

Version: 4.3.5 (8L1)

Firmware: 04.10.0

Is it possible???

Regards

Only by the network or with a gevey sim

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Only by the network or with a gevey sim

Cheers for the quick reply!!!

I'll stop downloading the half a dozen firmwares there so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Mine iphone appears to be bricked tried restoring on a mac and pc both keep hanging error 21, or 2100 anyone any ideas for me please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

raytaxi wrote: »
    Mine iphone appears to be bricked tried restoring on a mac and pc both keep hanging error 21, or 2100 anyone any ideas for me please.

have you tried taking out the battery and then putting it back in and then restoring the phone i have found this to help with phones that wont restore or even try tiny umbrella to kick it out of dfu mode

Advertisement