Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

there's some company that can get it unlocked for about 80 euro i think, basically they have someone working in vodafone who put the request through to apple

if the chinese lad was so sure it could be unlocked then why didn't he do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Hi, my aunt has an iPhone4 locked to AT&T from America (she has just moved over here).

How or where could she get it unlocked?

(based in Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

podge018 wrote: »
    I had the iphone 4 in with a lad in a chinese shop today and he said I can definitely get a iPhone 4 (vodafone IE) on 5.0.1 network unlocked.
    You can use this site alright but its pricy. Have used before. If it hasn't been network banned you'd be best selling it on adverts and picking one up from there on your network

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Hi, my aunt has an iPhone4 locked to AT&T from America (she has just moved over here).

How or where could she get it unlocked?

(based in Dublin)
    If its on software 4.3.5 or less you can use a gevey sim if not your out of luck for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

guil wrote: »
    there's some company that can get it unlocked for about 80 euro i think, basically they have someone working in vodafone who put the request through to apple

if the chinese lad was so sure it could be unlocked then why didn't he do it

€70, I told him I'd be back to him in a few days, wanted to check that was kosher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

€70, I told him I'd be back to him in a few days, wanted to check that was kosher.
    Whats the site?

You can use this site alright but its pricy. Have used before. If it hasn't been network banned you'd be best selling it on adverts and picking one up from there on your network
    Would have been handy if I ncluded the site

www.unlockguru.co.uk

Thanks - are they legit?
    Or will they run off with the cash?
    What can they unlock?

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Thanks - are they legit?
    Or will they run off with the cash?
    What can they unlock?
    Ive used them a few times and no problems. You can see everything they can unlock here

When this chap at vodafone puts it through to Apple, could that alert vodafone that they didn't IMEI block a phone which was reported lost and then block it?

• Advertisement

When this chap at vodafone puts it through to Apple, could that alert vodafone that they didn't IMEI block a phone which was reported lost and then block it?
    Doubtful. Have you checked whether its still working on Vodafone yet? If you know someone on Vodafone just ask them to ring up for you and it won't cost anything

how do you mean ring up? Pretend it's their iphone?

wont vodafone know that the phone was my sisters and reported lost a few months ago? Or do they not keep a database of IMEIs matched to owners?

how do you mean ring up? Pretend it's their iphone?

wont vodafone know that the phone was my sisters and reported lost a few months ago? Or do they not keep a database of IMEIs matched to owners?
    Yes. Ive got my sister to ring up for me before. If they were going to bar it then it would be done already i'd think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

my springboard keeps freezing and i have to turn it off and on again.

does anyone know whats up or how i can fix it?

i added a load of tweaks and packages. somethings not going right obviously.

Yes. Ive got my sister to ring up for me before. If they were going to bar it then it would be done already i'd think.

I know, but my worry is that this might trigger them to block it.

Dp sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Well hung

Is their any cydia tweak that can put music you have downloaded from 3rd party apps (like mp3 downloader, musicbox)into the actual iPhones native music app?
    Thanks.

I'm working a 3GS on 4.1, it's jailbroken and unlocked. Can i update to 5 and keep all my apps and tweaks? i have the PKG backup app but i dot think i'm using it right.

Anyone know if this is safe/doable?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

MORE NEWS JUST in from Pod2g blog just in
    Sandox broken
    Here are some news about the current work on the A5 research.

@planetbeing escaped from the sandbox with the help of @saurik. Thanks to their awesome work, there should be nothing left blocking for the A5 jailbreak.

Now it should be a matter of days. Still no precise ETA of course.

We all want this to be finished ASAP, we're getting tired!

Help with unlocking an iphone 3gs on vodafone running 5.0.1 with baseband 5.16.05

Where to start? Is it done with Gevey?
    A friend said all 3gs's can be unlocked with a jailbreak or something? But he hadnt much detail. Neither do i?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Darragh11

What does jail breaking an iPad actually do to the iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Darragh11 wrote: »
    What does jail breaking an iPad actually do to the iPad?

Basically allows you to run applications not approved by apple.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hi there,

Does anyone have a guide for a total noob for

1.Updating to Ios 5.0.1
    2.Installing Cydia and the untethered Jailbreak for an Iphone 4.

Current version is 4.3.3 (8j2)

Ive decided to take the plunge nd update to Ios 5 as I was waiting on the untethered jailbreak.
    Now Im a total noob when it comes to the Iphone and I havent even updated this once since I bought it new.I just installed Cydia etc and few non apple apps.

Id prefer not to loose the music on the phone if at all possible but if it makes it easier then fair enough.

Is it just a case of updating through Itunes and then installing Redsnow after that or is there more to it??

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I'd recommend iclarified.com. Just go to their tutorials and follow the simple step by step guides.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

irish1967 wrote: »
    I'd recommend iclarified.com. Just go to their tutorials and follow the simple step by step guides.

Ive been reading the tutorials there..Im just confused over the initial update.

Do I just let itunes do its stuff and update and then install redsnow??
    Or is there more to it??

How do I backup my music etc so that the phone will still have that on it after the update is complete??

Thats my biggest concern.

itunes should backup the phone before a restore but just to be sure right click n the iphone in itunes and click backup, when thats done just click restore and just as it's nearly finished you will be asked if you want to restore from backup or set up as a new phone, pick the first annd it will be back the way it was before the update

guil wrote: »
    itunes should backup the phone before a restore but just to be sure right click n the iphone in itunes and click backup, when thats done just click restore and just as it's nearly finished you will be asked if you want to restore from backup or set up as a new phone, pick the first annd it will be back the way it was before the update

Thanks for that--just wasnt sure as some sites mention backing up a "ipsw" or something like that.Is that necessary???

How long does the updat take completely from start to finish including restoring music etc??

it completely depend on how much music you have and apps etc, the ipsw is the software file that gets installed on the phone, the ipsw is nearly 900mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah that confused me at first too. It gives you the option to download 5.0.1 independently but I always
    1. Backup iPhone on iTunes
    2. Update to the latest iOS.
    3. Follow the iclarified instructions exactly.

Never had a problem Jailbreaking.

Glad I jailbroken at the minute as my home button finally died on my 4 yesterday. Luckily I have activator installed so was able to allocate the volume buttons to do the home button's job.

Advertisement