Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Hi

Looking for links/guides to untether jailbreak two different devices.

First is an ipad 1 on 5.1 (9B176)

The second is iphone 4 on 5.0.1 (9A405)

If theres a 5.1 jailbreak for that will install on the iphone 4 I'll update it to 5.1.

barryd09 wrote: »
    First is an ipad 1 on 5.1 (9B176)
    Can't be done yet, only tethered for now.
    barryd09 wrote: »
    The second is iphone 4 on 5.0.1 (9A405)
    This can be done with the latest version of redsn0w. Like with the iPad, if you update it to 5.1 you can only go tethered.

Karsini wrote: »
    Can't be done yet, only tethered for now.

This can be done with the latest version of redsn0w. Like with the iPad, if you update it to 5.1 you can only go tethered.

Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up for me, might jb the phone so & leave the ipad for the time being.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Any hope of an network unlock for an iPhone 4 on 04.10.01 modem firmware and 4.3.3 iOS, would a gevey SIM work?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

That's what i am using at the moment works great , get the one that dials 112 automatically the ultra is the one that i have , also if your updating for a jailbreak preserve the base band with ultra snow etc
    justryan wrote: »
    Any hope of an network unlock for an iPhone 4 on 04.10.01 modem firmware and 4.3.3 iOS, would a gevey SIM work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

A friend of mine is looking to have his Iphone 4 with IOS 5.1 Sim unlocked.
    A few questions

1.Will the new R-SIM III work?
    2.Is it just a case of inserting it with the sim and away you go?
    3.Do you need to leave the R-SIM III in permanently to keep the unlock?
    4.Can the phone take updates post IOS 5.1 when they come out and still keep the unlock?
    5.Does it matter what baseband is installed?

Sorry for all of the questions but I don't have any experience with these things.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andros55

Need help!

I've a locked e mobile iPhone 4s 5.0.1....... Can it be unlocked so I can use it on my vodafone sim...

Please help...
    The iPhone 4s on the newest firmware 5.1 can be unlocked to any network using the R-SIM 3 I got my R-SIM 3 yesterday from Each Supplier the iphone 4s was locked to 3 network ireland and i wanteded to use a Voadfone Sim card in it, i followed the instructions and after about 1 and half minutes it was working on Voadfone ireland.
    I found the people at Each Supplier very helpfull especially Jason very fast responce to my Email.
    http://www.eachsupplier.com/r-sim-iii-3rd-generation-for-iphone-4s-gsm-i...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andros55

A friend of mine is looking to have his Iphone 4 with IOS 5.1 Sim unlocked.
    A few questions

1.Will the new R-SIM III work?
    2.Is it just a case of inserting it with the sim and away you go?
    3.Do you need to leave the R-SIM III in permanently to keep the unlock?
    4.Can the phone take updates post IOS 5.1 when they come out and still keep the unlock?
    5.Does it matter what baseband is installed?

Sorry for all of the questions but I don't have any experience with these things.

thanks!
    Hi,
    Yes you have to keep the unlocking R-SIM 3 in the IPhone 4s to keep the unlock, my iPhone is on Version 5.1 on 2.0.10 base band and it works
    If Apple update to to a higher Version which wont happen for a while it's best not to update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

andros55 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Yes you have to keep the unlocking R-SIM 3 in the IPhone 4s to keep the unlock, my iPhone is on Version 5.1 on 2.0.10 base band and it works
    If Apple update to to a higher Version which wont happen for a while it's best not to update

Reported.

Lads avoid this as its from a user that has just joined boards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

he's had an account since 2010

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Just wondering , will MKV/AVI files play on my iPad ?

Also is ISSH worth getting , I want to port tunnel and not sure if it will work,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

MiCr0 wrote: »
    he's had an account since 2010

And uses his first comments to give links to dodgy chinese websites........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2, is it possible?
    Stupid question but i'm a bit lost. Lots of my apps have stopped working and now need 4.2 at least and i'm on 4.1. is there a way to upgrade without going the whole hog to 5.1? i'm jailbroken and unlocked.
    Anyone able to help?

also, if i go to 5.1, i can't re-jailbreak&unlock, right?

I keep getting an error message on cydia about half installed packages.
    I get two options, first is Ignore (Temporary) and the 2nd option is Forcibly Clear (Unsafe)...

Anyone know what using the 2nd option will result in?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Can I buy a phone in the US and use it over here?

"Yes, but it must be the GSM/AT&T model, purchased SIM-free directly from Apple. Handsets purchased from Verizon will not work with the GSM carriers here as they do not take a SIM card. Handsets purchased from AT&T usually come with a minimum-term contract and are locked to the AT&T network."

Hi, this question is on page 1 of the sticky and I am just wondering is this still the case when buying an iphone in the US? I am heading there at the end of the month and would like to pick one up. Thanks.

Is there a quick way to copy an .ipa (iPad/iPhone/iPod app) file from my PC to the iPad without jail breaking the iOS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah use itunes

guil wrote: »
    yeah use itunes

Really ? And then I can use the app as normal ? Cos I have tried and nothing gets copied

It wont work If it's a cracked app

Ah ok ... It might be cracked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

anymore news on this rsim? Will it unlock 4.11.08 finally?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 richard567

Hey, I updated my phone to the latest software but little did I know my friend who owned it previously had jailbroken it so now i can't activate my phone again until I jailbreak it again. So how do I jailbreak it when Im only at the activation screen on the Iphone 3gs.

I can't remember which baseband or software I am running....

Any help?

richard567 wrote: »
    Hey, I updated my phone to the latest software but little did I know my friend who owned it previously had jailbroken it so now i can't activate my phone again until I jailbreak it again. So how do I jailbreak it when Im only at the activation screen on the Iphone 3gs.

I can't remember which baseband or software I am running....

Any help?

Is it telling you that your SIM is invalid? It could be that the phone was unlocked via a jailbreak. If this is the case then there's nothing you can do short of an official network unlock as the baseband would have been updated at the same time.

Karsini wrote: »
    Is it telling you that your SIM is invalid? It could be that the phone was unlocked via a jailbreak. If this is the case then there's nothing you can do short of an official network unlock as the baseband would have been updated at the same time.

No not that I know of anyhow. Just when I'm activating my iphone again, it tells me 'Your Iphone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable, try connect your phone to itunes in a couple of minutes to activate it. If the problem persists go to apple...'

I called apple and they said they can't help but they suggested the only way was to jailbreak it again. But I think I need the baseband and Software no. to do this, am I right?>

i really doubt apple advised you to jailbreak

guil wrote: »
    i really doubt apple advised you to jailbreak

I didn't say they advised me to jailbreak it, they said the only way I could use the phone again would be to jailbreak it again.

If i find instructions on how to jb iOs 5.1, should that be enough ?
    or does it have to be jb ios 5.1 with iPad 3 ....

Surely the OS version should suffice, I have instructions on jb ios5.1 with Ipad 2 .... would this be ok for the iPad 3 ?

jcf wrote: »
    Surely the OS version should suffice, I have instructions on jb ios5.1 with Ipad 2 .... would this be ok for the iPad 3 ?

I don't think it can be jailbroken yet. Has been done behind closed doors but not released to the public yet.

OK, ill keep my eye on this thread then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

JCF, i've somehow managed to do this twice in the past weekend. Into Moore st and get it done at the first phone shop on the corner of Moore st and Henry st. €20.

Advertisement