Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

guil wrote: »
    Settings general about and look for modem version

ok thanks... what baseband will i need in order for the gevey to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

What iPhone is it and what baseband is on it now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Hopefully there's something in the works for 04.11.08.........finally, probably, maybe.

Won't be popping the champagne just yet....

http://www.newsaleoftheday.com/04-11-08-unlocked-by-react0r-sim-interposer/.php

Edit:

been around a while now with promises and lies, sorry for wasting a post with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Hello all, is there any way to unlock an iPhone 4s, its locked to Meteor and they wont unlock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

Hi
    I have a jailbroken ATV2 (i didnt jailbreak it myself), however it doesnt have ICE films on it. Can someone post a link of how I can easily do this?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Chong wrote: »
    Hello all, is there any way to unlock an iPhone 4s, its locked to Meteor and they wont unlock it.

Looked for a way to do this for ages and couldn't find one. Ended up getting a place on Moore Street, Dublin, to factory unlock it for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Today I managed to repair (for the mostpart) a water damaged iPhone 4 that a friend game to me a few months ago. The passcode I was given wouldn't work so I restored the phone and I am now at the setup stage. I am at the "Activating your iPhone" stage but have no MicroSim to put in the phone. Is there any way around this?

I'm pretty sure when i restored the phone, iTunes put iOS 5.1.1 on it. I also think that the phone is "probably" locked to Meteor - I think that's the network she was on. Can anyone advise on the best way to proceed to get the phone up and running on a Three pay-as-you-go sim?

EDIT: Scratch that...she was on Three. Delighted with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joyle

leggit wrote: »
    Looked for a way to do this for ages and couldn't find one. Ended up getting a place on Moore Street, Dublin, to factory unlock it for €50.

What was the name of this shop? All I can find at the moment is a place on abbey street and they will do it for €75
    Also, did you need a sim to get it unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

I downloaded the ios6 GM.. For the life of me i can't install it..

Am i missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help.

Squ wrote: »
    I downloaded the ios6 GM.. For the life of me i can't install it..

Am i missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help.
    make sure there is nothing after restore in the name, if there is right click the file and delete any letters after restore, then right click restore in itunes with the phone connected and pick the file you downloaded

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    make sure there is nothing after restore in the name, if there is right click the file and delete any letters after restore, then right click restore in itunes with the phone connected and pick the file you downloaded

File is called iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403 but when I click restore, it tries to download 5.1.1 without giving me the option to look on the hard drive..

Should the phone be jailbroken?

Thanks.

sorry i made an arse of replying the last time, you have to hold the shift key while you click restore and itunes will ask you to find the file
    not sure if it matters but i think there should be _restore at the end of the name

You beaut.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dozer11

Ok so I just got onto vodafone and they are sending me an NAC code so I can unlock my brothers old iphone 3gs so I can use it on the three network. They are gona send the code to his phone by text as he is still on vodafone using an iphone 4? does anyone envisage problems with this? Can anyone advise on what I do once I get the code? the guy on the phone wasnt too helpful?

dozer11 wrote: »
    Ok so I just got onto vodafone and they are sending me an NAC code so I can unlock my brothers old iphone 3gs so I can use it on the three network. They are gona send the code to his phone by text as he is still on vodafone using an iphone 4? does anyone envisage problems with this? Can anyone advise on what I do once I get the code? the guy on the phone wasnt too helpful?
    There is no codes used on iPhones. He will get a text saying the phone is ready to unlock and connect to iTunes with a different network sim

Cheers man appreciate it. Just to make sure will the iphone be unlocked to all networks then or just to the one I put in with the new sim? Should I restore the phone to factory settings before this prior to this? Cause I just restored all my apps and contacts onto it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to unlock an iphone 4 on 5.1.1 and modem firmware 04.12.01?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you go to http://jailbreak-me.info/ and put details of the phone in you'll find that the only way to unlock is by factory unlock.
    No free way to do at this time, or maybe ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

biko wrote: »

Yeah, looks like it's game over for unlocking. Not sure if Gevey are still in the game.

biko wrote: »
    If you go to http://jailbreak-me.info/ and put details of the phone in you'll find that the only way to unlock is by factory unlock.

Thanks for that, when i checked my device on that site it sent me to another site:

http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

Is this a reputable site? anyone here ever used it?

This seems to be the only way i can get this unlocked, they're quoting me £19.99stg to unlock it from 3 ireland, is this a good price or can it be got elswhere cheaper?

So you think the days of the type of ultrasn0w unlock are over and this type of 'factory unlock' will be used in the future?

thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shop around about the factory unlock and google anyone who claims they can unlock it for you.
    www.google.ie/search?q="officialiphoneunlock.co.uk"

I've gotten unlock codes from ebay for my android for a couple euros, there might be something there for iphones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 minners

My friend just left her iPhone 4 8gb with me to get unlocked in Dublin before the weekend. It was bought new for her in Canada last week by her brother. How difficult is it to actually get unlocked. I see a lot of different versions cannot be unlocked now? Im not going to chance it myself but is there anywhere that you could recommend in town can do it for me today? Ive heard a number of cowboy stories with phones taking forever to unlock and not being returned in the condition they were handed in.

Thanks all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scubagirl65

I have a Iphone 3G that has an account with Rogers in Canada. I moved to Mexico and had the phone jailbroken/unlocked so I could use the phone in Mx - my contract is now up with Rogers and I heard that they will unlock the phone legally for $50 - so I call them and they tell me that because my phone was unlocked illegally that there is a very high chance of the phone not recognizing a sim card after the phone is restored to factory settings. ( they said the phone needs to be at factory before unlocking can take place) I find since the jailbreak /unlock that my phone is super slow that is why I wanted to unlock legally from Canada and then I can upgrade to the iphone5 here in Mx when it comes out and sell the 3G

Is this true that once a 3G is jailbroken that the chances of being able to restore it without bricking it is very high? Or did I just get a "thinks they know it all rep"? I am weary to try because the iphone 5 won't be out for awhile here in Mx and I need a phone here....
    Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dave2k10

Hi all, I was in the states for the summer and found an iphone 4s while I was over there. It is locked to verizon and I am looking to get it unlocked. I have an iphone myself but its locked to meteor so i'd like to get the one I found unlocked if I head back to the states or if I want to sell it on.
    I was looking at http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and they are charging £89.99 to unlock it. Does anyone know if this is a reputable site, or if there are any cheaper options available online or in the Dublin area?
    Thanks

So I rang vodafone and asked them to unlock an old iphone 3gs. They said I should get a text in a few days telling me it's unlocked. Are they able to remotely unlock it or whats the story?

The iphone is currently on as Im using it for facebook and music etc is it ok leaving it in this state or will that effect the unlocking.... Once it is unlocked will I be able to use it on other networks? Anyone else had a similar experience.

Any help appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Dave2k10 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was in the states for the summer and found an iphone 4s while I was over there. It is locked to verizon and I am looking to get it unlocked. I have an iphone myself but its locked to meteor so i'd like to get the one I found unlocked if I head back to the states or if I want to sell it on.
    I was looking at http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and they are charging £89.99 to unlock it. Does anyone know if this is a reputable site, or if there are any cheaper options available online or in the Dublin area?
    Thanks

Here's a thought, why not try and return it to the original owner?

Does anyone know for sure if an iphone 4 on baseband 04.12.01 that is currently locked to '3' ireland?

As far as i know that baseband cannot be unlocked, but, i thought that the phone could still be 'factory unlocked', but after enquirying around at serveral shops who unlock phones they tell me that '3' ireland phones cannot be factory unlocked.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

sandt wrote: »
    Does anyone know for sure if an iphone 4 on baseband 04.12.01 that is currently locked to '3' ireland?

As far as i know that baseband cannot be unlocked, but, i thought that the phone could still be 'factory unlocked', but after enquirying around at serveral shops who unlock phones they tell me that '3' ireland phones cannot be factory unlocked.

Any ideas?

Did you ring three and ask them?

sandt wrote: »

Any ideas?
    Three can unlock it but won't unless the contract is finished. The shops can't get them unlocked cos they don't have contacts in three to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I have a Iphone 3G that has an account with Rogers in Canada. I moved to Mexico and had the phone jailbroken/unlocked so I could use the phone in Mx - my contract is now up with Rogers and I heard that they will unlock the phone legally for $50 - so I call them and they tell me that because my phone was unlocked illegally that there is a very high chance of the phone not recognizing a sim card after the phone is restored to factory settings. ( they said the phone needs to be at factory before unlocking can take place) I find since the jailbreak /unlock that my phone is super slow that is why I wanted to unlock legally from Canada and then I can upgrade to the iphone5 here in Mx when it comes out and sell the 3G

Is this true that once a 3G is jailbroken that the chances of being able to restore it without bricking it is very high? Or did I just get a "thinks they know it all rep"? I am weary to try because the iphone 5 won't be out for awhile here in Mx and I need a phone here....
    Please help
    If your modem firmware(baseband) was updated to 06.15.00 then you may have issues restoring to stock firmware, you wont brick your phone, it'll probably just always need to be jailbroken so best off not updating to ios6 just yet as its tethered boot only ATM.
    If your on a normal baseband, request the unlock and restore the phone

Advertisement