Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hi All, I am looking for an unlock for me iPhone 4 running ios6 and baseband 04.12.02. Its on Meteor network. Can it be unlocked? Tnx in advance.

Call meteor they are the only people who can unlock it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

fox007 wrote: »
    Call meteor they are the only people who can unlock it

Yep i did but its still under contract till next year so they will only be able to unlock after the contract is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi All

My friend got an iPhone 3gs which is locked to O2 network in the UK. Its running on the following. Can it be unlocked ?

IyHXpl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33 feeditout

Hi All

My friend got an iPhone 3gs which is locked to O2 network in the UK. Its running on the following. Can it be unlocked ?

IyHXpl.png

Every iPhone can be unlocked. I'd search 02.co.uk's site for iPhone unlocking. They should have a service where your put the phone's imei number into a form to request it to be unlocked by apple. That's the way it working on 02.ie so I'd suspect it would be the same over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

feeditout wrote: »
    Every iPhone can be unlocked. I'd search 02.co.uk's site for iPhone unlocking. They should have a service where your put the phone's imei number into a form to request it to be unlocked by apple. That's the way it working on 02.ie so I'd suspect it would be the same over there.

I should have said unlocked via redsn0w or the likes. I will try the o2.co.uk and see how i get on with IMEI. Thanks for the info :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

o2 uk will charge £15 in credit to unlock the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pat_cork

Hi guys, I bought an iPhone last night and I'm tryng but not succeeding in unlocking it. The firmware is 4.3 and the baseband version is 04.10.01. I don't have a sim card to try it with either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pat_cork wrote: »
    Hi guys, I bought an iPhone last night and I'm tryng but not succeeding in unlocking it. The firmware is 4.3 and the baseband version is 04.10.01. I don't have a sim card to try it with either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    only way to unlock that is get the operator to do it or else buy a gevey ultra sim, if you get a gevey and update the phone it will be locked again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pat_cork

guil wrote: »
    only way to unlock that is get the operator to do it or else buy a gevey ultra sim, if you get a gevey and update the phone it will be locked again

Is there any way I could get 3 to do it for me? I don't have an account with them. I should really have put more thought into this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Is there any way I could get 3 to do it for me? I don't have an account with them. I should really have put more thought into this :P

No you need an account. can you not just use it on the three network then in a couple of months ask them to unlock it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

am i right in saying there is no jailbreak for the iphone 4s running 6.0.1??

I'm not sure but I think three will only unlock it for the original owner

mel123 wrote: »
    am i right in saying there is no jailbreak for the iphone 4s running 6.0.1??
    Yes that's right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Guys, is there anyway to unlock an iPhone 4 from the USA here in Ireland?
    Could I jailbreak it then unlock it or will I have to get my relative to unlock in the US?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I need an answer.

Troxck wrote: »
    Guys, is there anyway to unlock an iPhone 4 from the USA here in Ireland?
    Could I jailbreak it then unlock it or will I have to get my relative to unlock in the US?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I need an answer.
    Chances are you can't do it yourself unless the baseband is 01.59.00
    A Gevey sim will work on some basebands but if you update it will be locked again, best bet is to but an IMEI unlock.

What network is it locked to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Chances are you can't do it yourself unless the baseband is 01.59.00
    A Gevey sim will work on some basebands but if you update it will be locked again, best bet is to but an IMEI unlock.

What network is it locked to?

AT&T. If he got it unlocked from them, would I then be able to use it here?
    Thanks so far

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭healyron

Troxck wrote: »

AT&T. If he got it unlocked from them, would I then be able to use it here?

In theory, it can be unlocked. Google for the "Sam iPhone unlock".

However, if your relative CAN get it unlocked by AT&T then do that. It is by far the preferred option for lots of reasons. The main three are:

1. It's permanently unlocked and you don't have to worry about Apple iOS updates re-locking it

2. It will then work in any country on any network (assuming the network supports smartphone SIM cards. Tesco IRL doesn't, for example).

3. It's more valuable and much easier to sell when you want to sell it.

healyron wrote: »

In theory, it can be unlocked. Google for the "Sam iPhone unlock".

However, if your relative CAN get it unlocked by AT&T then do that. It is by far the preferred option for lots of reasons. The main three are:

1. It's permanently unlocked and you don't have to worry about Apple iOS updates re-locking it

2. It will then work in any country on any network (assuming the network supports smartphone SIM cards. Tesco IRL doesn't, for example).

3. It's more valuable and much easier to sell when you want to sell it.
    You're talking rubbish. SAM was patched months ago and no longer works and tesco sims work in iPhones and iPads. The user you quoted has a thread about the same thing and is getting the relative to request the unlock from AT&T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i got my iphone 3gs unlocked but its on ios 4.1 and it wont let me download apps as it says it needs to be running ios 4.3 to download apps. if i update it to 4.3 will it relock the phone?

TB26

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i got my iphone 3gs unlocked but its on ios 4.1 and it wont let me download apps as it says it needs to be running ios 4.3 to download apps. if i update it to 4.3 will it relock the phone?

TB26
    If it was unlocked with ultrasn0w they yes updating will lock it again. Wait till redsn0w gets updated to jailbreak 6.0.1
    Then you can update and possible use redsn0w to downgrade the baseband to 05.13.04 and unlock it again

• Advertisement

You're talking rubbish. SAM was patched months ago and no longer works and tesco sims work in iPhones and iPads. The user you quoted has a thread about the same thing and is getting the relative to request the unlock from AT&T

Hey.

Thanks for the update. I'll ignore the insult. I guess we can't all be as fully informed as you ;-)

Now, just to clarify (in case you didn't read my points)...

1. I didn't say SAM prefs would work, I advised the O.P to google to see what they could find out.

2. Tesco, when asked to supply a SIM to someone I know, for use in an iPhone 4S, said they didn't supply SIMs for smartphones. If you know better, that's cool. Now we ALL know better. Well done.

Finally, why did you feel the need to tell me the O.P was getting the thing unlocked by AT&T...? Was that not in my first sentence...?

Never kind. It was a rhetorical question ;-)

Ron

Oops. I meant 'second sentence' not 'first sentence'. Just in case you feel the need to correct me :-)

If it was unlocked with ultrasn0w they yes updating will lock it again. Wait till redsn0w gets updated to jailbreak 6.0.1
    Then you can update and possible use redsn0w to downgrade the baseband to 05.13.04 and unlock it again

Could I update it to ios 4.3 and then just unlock it again?

tommyboy26 wrote: »

Could I update it to ios 4.3 and then just unlock it again?
    When you go into cydia is there any green writing across the top of the screen?

When you go into cydia is there any green writing across the top of the screen?

Yeah it says

SHSH 4.1. 5.1.1 6.0.1

You need blobs for 4.3 or any other firmware you want to restore to. Download tinyumbrella on a pc and with the iPhone connected click save or view SHSH and see what it says

You need blobs for 4.3 or any other firmware you want to restore to. Download tinyumbrella on a pc and with the iPhone connected click save or view SHSH and see what it says

totally lost!!! should have stated i wasnt that up to speed with what i need to do. i may drop it in to a shop to get it sorted. thanks for your help

how do i find out what network my iphone is locked too?

There's a few websites to it on for about 2-3 euro. I used one a few weeks ago, I'll try find it again later

Edit: unlockguru.co.uk do it for £1

• Advertisement

There's a few websites to it on for about 2-3 euro. I used one a few weeks ago, I'll try find it again later

Edit: unlockguru.co.uk do it for £1

I see on there site they offer an unlocking service. Is this a factory unlocking service?

Advertisement