Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yes or use an unlocking site. There is loads around and I have never used one so can't recommend any

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amc2323

Hi All,

Cant Seem to get a straight answer for this anywhere, hopefully someone here can help. Can an iPhone be blacklisted AFTER it is unlocked?

I want to buy an iphone 4 for someone as an xmas present, but I dont want to fork out €300 + for one and have it blacklisted after I've bought it.

I'm on Meteor and so have spoken to their customer care, who told me they don't accept IMEI numbers to check if a phone is blacklisted anymore over the phone, but you can still bring the number into any store and they will check it for you. (not really an option before I have the phone)

I am not so much afraid of buying a blacklisted iPhone, but the seller reporting it stolen etc after selling it to me privatly, if that makes sense?

In Summary, am I right in assuming that if I buy one that is already unlocked by the previous owner, It wont/cant be blacklisted after I buy it?

Thanks in advance!!

yes it can be blacklisted if it is unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Does anyone if a iphone5 bought from meteor be used with a emobile sim?
    Emobile don't do iphone5 on prepay but meteor does.
    So I was thinking of buying one off from meteor and then get a nano sim from emobile.
    Since meteor n emobile are same will my plan work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Can anyone recommend a website/shop etc to unlock my iphone4? Very desperate at this stage, even opened a thread over on the vodafone forum looking for help.

I'm so annoyed with myself for leaving it this late, I assumed an iphone was like a normal phone, you just get the code. Now it looks like I wont have it unlocked for my nephew in time for Christmas. Promised him a hone so I can't give him anything else :/
    I'm still a vodafone customer too for broadband and my iphone 5 so hopefully they can do me a favour and speed things up seen as I'm a loyal customer.

• Advertisement

Should be done in 2-3 days but it will still take that long if you get it done through an unlocking site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

guil wrote: »
    Should be done in 2-3 days but it will still take that long if you get it done through an unlocking site.

Only took a day for me. 'twas a shop though.

This is what they told me:
    Thanks for that. This takes between 7 to 11 working day's I'm afraid as we have to send the requests off to the manufacturers.

If it goes over the 11 working days, give us a shout and we can then chase it up for you.

Thanks,
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I payed 50 to get it done in Charlestown if you're desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

hi guys , i ve looked on the forums and called into vodafone who refused to unlock a iphone4s for my wife . we gave it to our daughter for xmas but it will only work on vodafone payg and not her old meteor network,

I ve called into vodafone shop and they say do it online , however every oher phone type nac is there except apple , any help ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

is it not just a case of typing in the imei and they give ya the code?

No you need to get Vodafone to request an unlock from apple and then sync it with iTunes. Alternatively you can get it done online for anywhere between €50 and €120

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Evening all.

Gonna get an iPad 3 or 4, or a mini. What are the latest version of firmware on each that's jailbreakable, if at all?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Soarer wrote: »
    Evening all.

Gonna get an iPad 3 or 4, or a mini. What are the latest version of firmware on each that's jailbreakable, if at all?

Thanks.

I bought an iPad 3 in powercity yesterday and it had 5.1.1 on it do I was able to jailbreak straight away with latest redsn0w

Requested mine before christmas and am still waiting

Gave my old iphone as a gift too

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WINTERSBOII

I was just going to go and get my iphone 4 unlocked by Gsm Solutions on Abbey Street.They told me €50 and it would be 2/3 days. Does anyone know if they have a good reputation etc. Also do they keep your phone for that long or do they do the thing and you get your phone back and have to wait 2/3 days ? thanks

Never used them but they don't have a great reputation

GRMA wrote: »
    Requested mine before christmas and am still waiting

Gave my old iphone as a gift too

When requesting the unlock you must supply the phone number which was tied to that phone when it was bought new

When requesting the unlock you must supply the phone number which was tied to that phone when it was bought new
    I did, it was billbay and I still have that sim in my new iphone... I filled out that form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Hey all, I've been trying to jailbreak my iPhone 4 for the last few days using the Redmond Pie site but keeps getting stuck on the restore loop. The phone is running IOS 6.0.1 (baseband 04.12.02). Anyone know if there is a jailbreak available for this baseband yet. The only one I could find is here, but dont really fancy paying $25 for it!

Thanks.

GRMA wrote: »
    I did, it was billbay and I still have that sim in my new iphone... I filled out that form
    Have you tried restoring the phone in iTunes and inserting an unsupported sim?

Have you tried restoring the phone in iTunes and inserting an unsupported sim?
    I tried it a few days ago and it didn't work. I plan to do it again next week. My nephew is using it as a ipod touch basically in the meantime.

I'm supposed to get a text when it is unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

I was just going to go and get my iphone 4 unlocked by Gsm Solutions on Abbey Street.They told me €50 and it would be 2/3 days. Does anyone know if they have a good reputation etc. Also do they keep your phone for that long or do they do the thing and you get your phone back and have to wait 2/3 days ? thanks

GSM solutions.ie are bad news .Search them on this site. Fastgsm.com ( not related) have a good reputation. I used them before based on the hundreds of good reviews on this site. It will cost you 7 euro to unlock and take 5 minutes

http://www.fastgsm.com/en/apple/apple/iphone-4/unlock/country-network

GSM solutions.ie are bad news .Search them on this site. Fastgsm.com ( not related) have a good reputation. I used them before based on the hundreds of good reviews on this site. It will cost you 7 euro to unlock and take 5 minutes

http://www.fastgsm.com/en/apple/apple/iphone-4/unlock/country-network

I dont see Ireland (vodafone) listed?

Just try syncing with a different sim in. God knows what delays there could be over the Christmas or if you will receive the text but no harm in trying

guil wrote: »
    Just try syncing with a different sim in. God knows what delays there could be over the Christmas or if you will receive the text but no harm in trying
    I'm actually trying it now, I popped round and got it off him so I'm hoping it will work.

If not I guess I will have to go to one of those shops or get it done on the net but knowing my luck I'll pay, then vodafone will unlock it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

No Sorry, I was just referring to the particular network ,At & T, that WINTERSBOII posted. I think if you have topped up by 120 euro in 6 months , Vodafone will give you the unlock code for free

There is no unlock code for iPhones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Hackulous and installous are gone suddenly. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/12/30/hackulous-installous-shut-down/

Not that anyone here used installous of course ;)

Advertisement