Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bebop wrote: »
    I have inherited an bricked iPhone 3g, when I power it on it just shows the "connect to iTunes" graphic, iTunes reports that it is in recovery mode, if I try to restore with 2.1.1 firmware I get error 1015,
    I have no way of knowing what version of IOS or firmware is installed, most of the online tutorials seem to be 3 or 4 years old with dead links,
    I would like to unlock it and Jailbreak it so that I can use an O2 sim, where do I start?

Thanks for any help

iClarified.com

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

thanks for the reply,but the iPhone is stuck in a restore mode loop and I cannot find out what the firmware or OS version is and I need this information before I can try a jailbreak, is there any software that will find this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

sorted!
    Well almost, I used Tinyumbrella to read the information off the iPhone and kick it out of restore mode, I downloaded the firmware, did a restore with iTunes and it works fine! it did not need unlocking, it works fine on O2
    I updated the OS (current build is 3.1.2 7D11) in iTunes and it reverted back to its restore loop; so I repeated the above steps and it is working fine on 3.1.2, just can't update
    Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

On firmware 7.0.5. Am I at nothing Jailbreaking yet? Can only see a 7.0.4 jailbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

pedatron wrote: »
    On firmware 7.0.5. Am I at nothing Jailbreaking yet? Can only see a 7.0.4 jailbreak.

http://www.redmondpie.com/you-can-jailbreak-ios-7.0.5-now-with-modified-evasi0n7-but-its-best-to-wait-for-official-update/

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »

I saw that but it says you may be better off to wait. Would I be silly to risk it? Sorry with the questions they're probably silly just I haven't jailbroken a phone in years.

I'd go ahead and do it. No problems so far on my 5 other than iCloud backup going a bit crazy.

I'd go ahead and do it. No problems so far on my 5 other than iCloud backup going a bit crazy.

Good enough for me! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Lol,when did 7.0.5 come out?

I have updates disabled because of the jailbreak so did not even hear about it!

It's only for 5c and 5s.

• Advertisement

Good enough for me! Thanks!

Successfully jailbroke the phone with no issues anyway for those interested! Happy so far. Set up cctoggles and messages customiser so far. ANyother must have tweaks? I'll get winterboard set up later probably even though I like the look of IOS7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Successfully jailbroke the phone with no issues anyway for those interested! Happy so far. Set up cctoggles and messages customiser so far. ANyother must have tweaks? I'll get winterboard set up later probably even though I like the look of IOS7
    Barrel and springtomize 3 are probably my 2 favorite tweaks so far this jailbreak.
    Also using a combination of Subtlelock and Jellylock 7 for a nice lockscreen effect imo
    7nyPnM.png5kczV8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Simply Red wrote: »
    Barrel and springtomize 3 are probably my 2 favorite tweaks so far this jailbreak.
    Also using a combination of Subtlelock and Jellylock 7 for a nice lockscreen effect imo
    7nyPnM.png5kczV8.png

That looks amazing.
    I jailbroke my ipad and iphone 4 last night but I'm finding it very hard to find my way round it. I may as well be looking at ancient Latin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

I hate doing this guys, but to save me reading loads, can someone tell me what's the most up to date firmware that jailbreakable for the 4? I'm still running 5.1.1!

Thanks guil.

So download from Felixbruns, get the latest jailbreak software (used be Redsn0w or somthing) and work away?

Simply Red wrote: »
    7nyPnM.png5kczV8.png

Wow that lock screen looks amazing! Must try out those tweaks later. Very excited! :D

Soarer wrote: »
    Thanks guil.

So download from Felixbruns, get the latest jailbreak software (used be Redsn0w or somthing) and work away?

Not sure if redsn0w is updated but evasion definitely works.

Anyone with a theme installed using winterboard, do you find it any harder on the battery and what iPhone? Thanks.

Right so, I downloaded everything, ran it through, and got Jailbroken.

One problem I have is I can't get SBSettings to work. I've reinstalled Cydia Substrate and stuff, but as soon as I install SBSettings, the lockscreen flashes up, the phone restarts, and boots into Safe Mode. This will continue until I uninstall SBSettings again.
    Kinda need it installed as my power button is broken and it's my only way of locking the screen without waiting the minute for the auto off. Anyone have any suggestions, or alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Soarer wrote: »
    Right so, I downloaded everything, ran it through, and got Jailbroken.

One problem I have is I can't get SBSettings to work. I've reinstalled Cydia Substrate and stuff, but as soon as I install SBSettings, the lockscreen flashes up, the phone restarts, and boots into Safe Mode. This will continue until I uninstall SBSettings again.
    Kinda need it installed as my power button is broken and it's my only way of locking the screen without waiting the minute for the auto off. Anyone have any suggestions, or alternatives?

If you're on ios 7, it's not compatible. There's a red banner in cydia warning against installing it.

• Advertisement

Anyone with a theme installed using winterboard, do you find it any harder on the battery and what iPhone? Thanks.

I have Aura as my theme. Can't say any battery reduction has been noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Use CCControls instead.

292870.jpg

Thanks for the info. guys.

Don't really like 7 anyways. Will probably downgrade again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone recommend a good tweak in Cydia for displaying current weather on the lock screen?

weatherboard

sorry just realised its only for animated wallpapers

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

can anybody help me please , i updated my atv2 to 5.3 this morning and im trying to jailbreak using seas0npass (on mac) but it keeps crashing at the same point every time saying process failed with reason , filesystem patches failed
    I have tried everything i can ive been on google all day and nothing works
    Does anybody know how to get it jailbroken or is there any other programme I can use to jailbreak ?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

can anybody help me please , i updated my atv2 to 5.3 this morning and im trying to jailbreak using seas0npass (on mac) but it keeps crashing at the same point every time saying process failed with reason , filesystem patches failed
    I have tried everything i can ive been on google all day and nothing works
    Does anybody know how to get it jailbroken or is there any other programme I can use to jailbreak ?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I want to get rid of a jailbreak on an iPhone 4S on iOS 7. Will erase all content an settings get rid of it.

pbarr wrote: »
    I want to get rid of a jailbreak on an iPhone 4S on iOS 7. Will erase all content an settings get rid of it.

I think you have to back up your phone. Download the ios 7 ipa and restore your phone from that. Then restore from back up. It's how I had to do it about a month ago.

If your phone is jailbroken and you do the erase all settings or will just show a rotating wheel for hours and so nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Right, I have an iPhone 4 but I want to unlock it, I've rang meteor and they said it'll take 10-21 days. If I jailbreak it and unlock it until I get that confirmation email, can I restore it then and unlock it properly? I can't go without service for 2/3 weeks

Advertisement