Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Please forgive my minimal knowledge when it comes to jail breaking but does anybody know if there is a date by any chance for iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Please forgive my minimal knowledge when it comes to jail breaking but does anybody know if there is a date by any chance for iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak to be released?
    More than likely never, unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

My phone wasn't syncing so I was told to restore the phone. In doing so the phone is now stuck on the back up stage and I can't get it to leave that. If I put it in DFU it looks to install the latest IOS and I will lose my jailbreak.

Anyone any ideas how to get my phone running again without losing the jailbreak?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

My phone wasn't syncing so I was told to restore the phone. In doing so the phone is now stuck on the back up stage and I can't get it to leave that. If I put it in DFU it looks to install the latest IOS and I will lose my jailbreak.

Anyone any ideas how to get my phone running again without losing the jailbreak?

You should still be able to hold shift and select to restore from your own most recent back-up.... no?

You should still be able to hold shift and select to restore from your own most recent back-up.... no?

When I try and do that it thinks the phone has a passcode on it, which won't allow the restore. Its not locked its just stuck on the progress bar from the previous backup attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Anyone with an ipad definitely needs to try the new tweak OS Experience!

Deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

Deadly

Your images aren't attaching btw.

mcw92 wrote: »
    Your images aren't attaching btw.

Thanks, I'll try again.

5ppU2g.jpg

6iRdub.jpg

6Lr3MW.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Hi

To unlock an iphone 5C that's registered to virgin australia, what site will do it for me?

I can't find a seller on any ebay (.com .au .ie)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Any sign of a jailbreak for iOS 7.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah there was one released the other day. Iconic I think.

Sorry I read it wrong originally. Ionic has jb a 5c but there is no tool available yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Hi

To unlock an iphone 5C that's registered to virgin australia, what site will do it for me?

I can't find a seller on any ebay (.com .au .ie)
    anybody? ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Quick question, is is possible to unlock an o2 UK iPhone 4s to work in Ireland. It has already been factory unlocked to allow it to use other networks just wont work when using an Irish sim. How would I go about doing that?

It's on 7.1.1 too, would I need to roll back the firmware and jailbreak it or is there an easier way to do it?

curry-muff wrote: »
    Quick question, is is possible to unlock an o2 UK iPhone 4s to work in Ireland. It has already been factory unlocked to allow it to use other networks just wont work when using an Irish sim. How would I go about doing that?

It's on 7.1.1 too, would I need to roll back the firmware and jailbreak it or is there an easier way to do it?

If it's been factory unlocked it should work with any SIM card, regardless of the countries sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

If it's been factory unlocked it should work with any SIM card, regardless of the countries sim.

Its giving the sim failure message, is it just that my 3 micro sim isnt working then?

curry-muff wrote: »
    Its giving the sim failure message, is it just that my 3 micro sim isnt working then?

Possibly could be that. I'd be inclined to ask someone else with a micro sim to try it. If it's been factory unlocked then there really is no reason that it should reject it from an unlocking perspective.

Don't think it's possible to downgrade a 4s and there was never a software unlock for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

A little advise please. I just picked up an iphone 4s from Three, still in the packaging, was planning on giving it to my wife or selling it on, however as i picked up the white one it will not be leaving the house . Can this be sim unlocked ?
    I have been reading this forum and trying to figure it out but what is the best option to get this unlocked. I am sure this will be running ios 7.

Cheers for the advise,

Is it on bill pay or prepay? Bill you have to wait or pay off the contract, prepay you have to spend around €130 on credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

guil wrote: »
    Is it on bill pay or prepay? Bill you have to wait or pay off the contract, prepay you have to spend around €130 on credit.

Yep its bill pay, have I an option to jailbreak and get it sim unlocked ?
    Does that void the warranty ?

No and no. A gevey sim might work depending what firmware is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolute nightmare trying to get a phone I bought working.

Phone was with Vodafone and unlocked officially by then. I put my or my girlfriends Meteor sim in it says "Sim not valid" and gives this wonky error.

Vodafone in Liffey Valley were helpful today and provided me a sim card to use, as I thought the problem would be I need to essentially boot the phone up. However the vodafone sim works fine, but when I swop to Meteor, same crappy error.

I tried restoring using both the vodafone sim in, and my meteor one, and cant get this working.

Anyone any suggestions? The error message essentially says its not unlocked, yet I've confirmed it is

Are you sure the sim is working?

Are you sure the sim is working?

Yeah I've two Meteor sims here, mine and misses. Working fine in Nexus 4 :(

The error KEEPS saying what essentially looks like the phone is not unlocked, yet I'm 99.9% sure it is.

When I'm doing the restore, no messages or anything appear on itunes as friends have indicated. A message should appear saying unlocked.

I'm currently doing yet another restore, using the vodafone sim. This is the only way the phone get's passed setup.

How long ago was the unlock requested? Seemingly vodafone are very slow processing them. If it was unlocked a congratulations message should of appeared in iTunes.

How long ago was the unlock requested? Seemingly vodafone are very slow processing them. If it was unlocked a congratulations message should of appeared in iTunes.

Mate has had it unlocked for some time. He was selling on adverts last while but I got it off him yesterdsy .

I'll be seeing him tomorrow but I'm under the impression he unlocked it.

So can't say about unlock message. He would have seen it. Buts its 100% behaving like its locked which it shouldn't according to the friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Any experts out there know where Cydia downloads .deb packages for tweaks and apps you download?
    Which directory they're in.

I need to do a full backup and restore soon as im getting Springboard crashes restarting in safe mode, and browser crashes as well as RAM Heavy apps crashing also.

If anyone has any advice or know of a good resource on how to fully backup and restore a jailbroken ipad I'd really appreciate it.

When restoring with iTunes does it update iOS to the latest version?

I want to stay on iOS 7.0.4 which is my current version.

Thanks!

waveform wrote: »
    Any experts out there know where Cydia downloads .deb packages for tweaks and apps you download?
    Which directory they're in.

I need to do a full backup and restore soon as im getting Springboard crashes restarting in safe mode, and browser crashes as well as RAM Heavy apps crashing also.

If anyone has any advice or know of a good resource on how to fully backup and restore a jailbroken ipad I'd really appreciate it.

When restoring with iTunes does it update iOS to the latest version?

I want to stay on iOS 7.0.4 which is my current version.

Thanks!

Semi-restore and ilex rat are your only options. If you restore with iTunes it'll update you to the latest and you'll lose your jailbreak.

I've used both ilex rat and semi restore and they both do the same thing. Semi restore does seem to work better but it's windows only whereas ilex runs from your phone.

I think pkgbackup is what you need to backup your tweaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Hi there,
    Havent done a jailbreak in a few years and need to do one on a 4S thats still on contract purely so it can be used with a different SIM while on holiday.

Its on OS 7.0.2.
    Anyone used evasi0n?

Cheers,
    Marty.

Advertisement