Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭dodzy

Gary4279 wrote: »
    just purchased and ipod touch from england and it should be ariving soon. will i need to unlock it/jailbreak? or will it be ok to use.

thankyou in advance.:)
    Use as is. It'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Jpb55 wrote: »
    massy086 wrote: »

If you don't have anything informative to say your best not saying anything, I'm just looking for a bit of advice on fixing the problem

You're also on the wrong forum. This is for apple devices such as iPhone and iPad. Check the Mac forum and you may be luckier.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

any way to downgrade the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

doubie wrote: »
    any way to downgrade the phone?

What phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Kodi 14.0 aka XBMC just released is lightning quick on my iPad Air.

Serious speed improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Doge wrote: »
    Kodi 14.0 aka XBMC just released is lightning quick on my iPad Air.

Serious speed improvement.

Did you download from cydia? It keeps telling me to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Did you download from cydia? It keeps telling me to update.

Yep, its now seperate to the xbmc package, so you need to search for "kodi" in cydia.

The only con is that its using the blue and black skins now, the sleeker skin xbmc used seems to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jasnah

Anyone got any app recommendations for transferring all music and data from an iPhone 4s to iTunes? Destroyed my laptop and don't want to have to re-download everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Jasnah wrote: »
    Anyone got any app recommendations for transferring all music and data from an iPhone 4s to iTunes? Destroyed my laptop and don't want to have to re-download everything

http://www.i-funbox.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Narcissus87

Hey all,

I'm an american moving to Ireland in a few days. I have an iphone4S bought from Verizon. They refused to unlock it, for reasons I don't want to get into (but largely come down to **** customer service).

Can I/How would I go about getting to work with O2/Meteor/Vodaphone etc?

They've handed me two six digit unlock "codes", but I'm fairly certain they were blowing smoke up my ass.

I vaguely remember their being phone unlock shops in Dublin, would they have the ability (however legal) to unlock/jailbreak my phone to work with an Irish mobile provider?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 feeditout

Depends on the software version of your device and what baseband your on! Go to about in your idevice and provide some details. If have already posted this info I apologise before hand. I only read the first paragraph :)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Hi all i jailbroke my phone today and went to download winterboard but the version im seeing only up to ios 8.1.1 i have the latest cydia version. I want to download football manager 2015 handheld and change themes but cant use any downloads because i dont have winterboard any help would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

hi, anyone able to jailbreak this. just bought it as i thought atv 2 was easily jail breakable and its not. unfortunately I'm on iTunes 12, videos on the tube say i need itunes10:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi, anyone able to jailbreak this. just bought it as i thought atv 2 was easily jail breakable and its not. unfortunately I'm on iTunes 12, videos on the tube say i need itunes10:mad:
    Ye send me a pm.i can help iv done loads

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

hi massy086, can't send you any more messages as your inbox is full. i'm in kilkenny.

hi massy086, can't send you any more messages as your inbox is full. i'm in kilkenny.
    i cleared some space in the mailbox.you can pm me now

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭darrenking

Hi everyone sorry if this has been posted before iv looked through quite a few pages and can't find any help. I'm just wondering if there's any way I can unlock an iPhone 4s on meteor I'm emigrating next month and would like to bring my phone with me but meteor won't give me the code unless I pay the remaining 7 months of my 2 year contract any help would be really appreciated

darrenking wrote: »
    Hi everyone sorry if this has been posted before iv looked through quite a few pages and can't find any help. I'm just wondering if there's any way I can unlock an iPhone 4s on meteor I'm emigrating next month and would like to bring my phone with me but meteor won't give me the code unless I pay the remaining 7 months of my 2 year contract any help would be really appreciated
    Pay your contract

massy086 wrote: »
    Pay your contract

Thanks for that wonderful piece of advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Thanks for that wonderful piece of advice

You can buy an unlock on eBay for Meteor.

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    You can buy an unlock on eBay for Meteor.

Would you be able to pm me the link I can't seem to find one for meteor on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

Would you be able to pm me the link I can't seem to find one for meteor on ebay

What i did was to buy (in ebay) a R-Sim 9 Pro card. It works perfectly on my iPhone 5 also with Meteor. You will find videos on Youtube on how it works. It's very easy.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scon2o1o

Hi Guys, iPhone related question for you all.

I recently done a factory reset on my 4s while it was jailbroken, it froze during the reset and wont exit it. A bit of googling and I realise now that I probably shouldn't have done a reset while jailbroken. From what I've read, I have to put the phone into recovery mode (or DFU, not too sure) to be able to restore it. Problem is is that my power button is jammed and doesn't work. Any have any tips for getting the phone into either of these modes without a power button?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

scon2o1o wrote: »
    Hi Guys, iPhone related question for you all.

I recently done a factory reset on my 4s while it was jailbroken, it froze during the reset and wont exit it. A bit of googling and I realise now that I probably shouldn't have done a reset while jailbroken. From what I've read, I have to put the phone into recovery mode (or DFU, not too sure) to be able to restore it. Problem is is that my power button is jammed and doesn't work. Any have any tips for getting the phone into either of these modes without a power button?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scon2o1o

Ya thats exactly what I need, but as you see that iphone is in recovery mode before he puts it into DFU Mode, I cant get it into recovery mode, when i connect to itunes it says error and tells me to contact apple (presuming they want to have a laugh at me for bricking the phone).. Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

You don't have to be in recovery to get into DFU. Just google iPhone DFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Hi Guys,

My GF recently bought an iPhone 5 off a friend - it looks like it is not unlocked.

Now she has his old passcode so can use the phone no problem when on wifi.

We picked up a new meteor sim for the phone had all the data transferred across etc.

The lady in store said it was unlocked and needed to be connected to iTunes.

However when she got it home it says Sim Not Valid.

Obviously not unlocked.

Her first time with an iPhone - I'm with android.

What is the best option for her in terms of unlocking the phone - go online and follow the steps or go in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My GF recently bought an iPhone 5 off a friend - it looks like it is not unlocked.

Now she has his old passcode so can use the phone no problem when on wifi.

We picked up a new meteor sim for the phone had all the data transferred across etc.

The lady in store said it was unlocked and needed to be connected to iTunes.

However when she got it home it says Sim Not Valid.

Obviously not unlocked.

Her first time with an iPhone - I'm with android.

What is the best option for her in terms of unlocking the phone - go online and follow the steps or go in-store?

Restore it in iTunes as a new phone. She doesn't want to be using it while it's still connected to her friends iCloud etc.
    When the restore is completed you should get a message on screen saying congratulations your iPhone is unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Thanks Guil,

She has her iTunes set up on it so now just a matter of restoring phone.

Is this to original factory settings?

Leave her sim in the card whilst doing this or not?

Many questions as I will probably end up doing this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭dodzy

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Thanks Guil,

She has her iTunes set up on it so now just a matter of restoring phone.

Is this to original factory settings?

Leave her sim in the card whilst doing this or not?

Many questions as I will probably end up doing this. :)

Yes, restore / setup as new phone.

If the unlock request was processed by the original network, you will see the "congratulations, your phone is now unlocked" message at the end of the process.

Advertisement