Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya have to be jb to get the unlock tool, theres no jb for 4.1 yet so sit it out or else try get the network to unlock it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

blaze1 wrote: »
    Official release site for greenpois0n... Looks to be out soon :-)

http://www.quickpwn.com/greenpois0n-download

Taken from the dev team twitter
    Things have progressed to the point where we don't expect anymore roadblocks. ETA for greenpois0n is 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM

Still no joy for anyone on 3G or 3GS tho this only works on iPhone 4, touch 4g and iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

You sure that's gonna work as ts not supposed to be ready for
    Another month or so for the 3G(s) and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Yeah and it's perfect tested it on 4.0.2 not 4.1 but it will be grand on it too. Chronicdevteam are changing their greenpoison now to use the limera1n exploit to save two exploits being exposed.

Edit;

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12133

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

what has a jailbreak got to do with unlocking, they are 2 different things

U need to jb first to allow u to unlock

For the record I was on 4.0.2 (3GS) I used limra1n to jailbreak. Then I updated to 4.1 on iTunes and then jailbroke again:-), I'm on contract so dont need to unlock...

What's everyones view on geohot?? There's a lot of hating towards him from the dev team?? I say fairplay, the dev team were only looking after 4th gen devices.

Limera1n worked perfectly to JB my 4.0.2 virgin 3GS.

Is there a need to update to 4.1 and re JB?

Yeah if u want to go to 4.1 there didn't seem to be any problem with it. Save the shsh just to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yeah if u want to go to 4.1 there didn't seem to be any problem with it. Save the shsh just to be on the safe side

I've never jailbroken my iPhone 4 and it's on 4.0.2, should I jailbreak it at 4.0.2 first or upgrade to 4.1 and then jailbreak?

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    I've never jailbroken my iPhone 4 and it's on 4.0.2, should I jailbreak it at 4.0.2 first or upgrade to 4.1 and then jailbreak?

i dont think so off the top of my head... see if anyones released a walkthru

i dont think so off the top of my head... see if anyones released a walkthru

I jailbroke it last night anyway without upgrading first, must save the shsh file before trying to upgrade and break again.

I jailbroke it last night anyway without upgrading first, must save the shsh file before trying to upgrade and break again.

+1

How do i save Shsh?

+1

How do i save Shsh?

tiny umbrella or ask cydia i think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have an old 3G knocking about, its been jailbroken with jailbreakme and unlocked with ultrasn0w.

Is 4.1 worth bothering with on the 3G? and if so can I upgrade, jailbreak it with greenpoison and then unlock it from O2 UK?

Edit: Seems Greenpois0n doesn't support the 3G.

I hear 4.1 improves iOS 4 on 3G phones greatly, is there any way to jailbreak it or upgrade atm?

Edit2:

Seems its done easily enough - http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12115

now off to see if I cant hen unlock it ;) bbiam

Edit 3:

Seems there's no unlock for 4.1, can someone confirm my understanding is correct please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

crisis averted

Riiight.
    Here we go.

I have someone's iPhone 3g. He gave me the iPhone and some music to sync on it. When I got it, it didn't seem to want to sync music. So I had to shift-restore. Talking to a friend of mine, he said to shift-restore to 3.1.3 because 4.x "ran like **** on 3g models anyway" and I wouldn't be able to unlock.
    So anyway, I found myself stuck with the activation screen, so I decided to "hacktivate" using Limera1n.
    So, it seemed to be working. It booted into
    TS3305--connect_to_itunes-001-en.png

Screen went black.

And then stopped working entirely. Pure brick. does not respond to holding home+power. Does not respond to USB, and the computer does not respond to it by USB. There is NO way for me to get back to where I want to. It is NOT in recovery mode, it is bricked. iTunes detects NOTHING. Everything detects NOTHING.

What can I possibly do?

If you must know, it rebooted upon plugging it into my PS3.
    wtf.
    Inquitus wrote: »
    Seems there's no unlock for 4.1, can someone confirm my understanding is correct please.
    http://canIunlock.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Pwnage tool has arrived. You can now unlock iPhone 4 on 4.1

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Can anyone help me out with updateing to 4.1 and JB unlock on 3gs?

Im jb unlocked on 3.1.3 using ultrasnow.

im freaked that i will screw it up and loose the unlock for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pwnage tool has arrived. You can now unlock iPhone 4 on 4.1

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

since this is my first iphone will the above only work with a phone that was already jailbroken unlocked?
    I'm jailbroke my iphone at 4.1 with limera1n so can I use the above to unlock it as well?
    It hadn't been jailbroken before this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Absolute noob question here guys, but if an iPhone is factory unlocked, can it take Pay As You Go sim cards? Or is it pay monthly only?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Archimedes wrote: »
    Absolute noob question here guys, but if an iPhone is factory unlocked, can it take Pay As You Go sim cards? Or is it pay monthly only?

Can take any sim card

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Complete noob here. Is it possible to unlock iphone 4 on 4.1?

What jailbreak is the best? Limerain seems to be the one im hearing about the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this :S

If you jailbreak an iPhone is it possible to set custom SMS tones?

OK,
    Spent the last few hours reading stuff that i dont really understand :rolleyes:
    Very annoying because im fairly tech savvy and im struggling with understanding jailbreaking.

If i install Pwnagetool 4.1 Jailbreak do i need to already have an ipsw file that is unlockable. Where would i get one of these IPSW files as from what i can read in order to get the file your phone must have been unlocked previously.

HELP!!!
    There is no laymans terms for jailbreaking/unlocking a 4.1 iphone that was bought yesterday.

Hogzy wrote: »
    OK,
    Spent the last few hours reading stuff that i dont really understand :rolleyes:
    Very annoying because im fairly tech savvy and im struggling with understanding jailbreaking.

If i install Pwnagetool 4.1 Jailbreak do i need to already have an ipsw file that is unlockable. Where would i get one of these IPSW files as from what i can read in order to get the file your phone must have been unlocked previously.

HELP!!!
    There is no laymans terms for jailbreaking/unlocking a 4.1 iphone that was bought yesterday.

I used Limerain on 4.1 and it couldn't be more straightforward. Download it, run it and follow the prompts. Afterwards you can save your blobs using red umbrella. I think that's what it's called.

I used Limerain on 4.1 and it couldn't be more straightforward. Download it, run it and follow the prompts. Afterwards you can save your blobs using red umbrella. I think that's what it's called.

So did you use Limerain to jailbreak and unlock or did you use pwnagetool to jailbreak and then use Limerain to unlock?

Hogzy wrote: »
    So did you use Limerain to jailbreak and unlock or did you use pwnagetool to jailbreak and then use Limerain to unlock?

Ah right, you're more concerned with the unlocking? I didn't bother with that, as I'm pretty sure I can get O2 to do it! I just used Limerain.

Ah right, you're more concerned with the unlocking? I didn't bother with that, as I'm pretty sure I can get O2 to do it! I just used Limerain.

I bought an iPhone locked to three so i need it unlocked. Although i doubt ill have to wait for too long for an unlock to be released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doubletalk

If you are using Windows want to upgrade your 3gs to 4.1 and need to have it unlocked you have to wait for snowbreeze 2.1 to come out.

Supposed to be out over the weekend according to this

The pwnage tool 4.1 for mac is out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Alright ladds, I got my hand son an iphone 4, it was currently on three, theres a three micro simcard in it from the prevous owner, but it has the connect to itunes icon, when I connect it I get this "the simcard inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported"
    trying to get a vodafone simcard, but the lad in the shop said for him to give me a micro simcard he needs to take my current simcard, i know how to jail break but just can't seem to get the phone on at all, any ideas?

Advertisement