Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya wont find a link, ya need to do it on the phone
    according to google it will work already, dont believe everything ya read on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

so do i simply set up wifi and google it on phone or is it in market

IT WILL NOT WORK YET

wait until its released before doing anything else cos it simply wont work

ok i wont- but how will i know when its released and where to get- thanks for great help though

there will be loads of posts about it here, have ya got cydia on the iphone now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

guil wrote: »
    is the phone jailbroken, if not then its unlocked by apple and wont ever be locked again
    but if it is JB and theres an tweak called ultrasnow installed in cydia, updating will lock it again
    the latest firmware is 4.1 and isnt unlockable yet but theres a possible way to update to 4.0.1 if it is jb

Just checked the phone there, its Jail Broken from Cydia and can only be upgraded to the 4.0.1 firmware. Any ideas how it can be done?

Cheers

why do ya think it can only be upgraded to 4.0.1
    is that whats on it at the moment, start cydia and tell me does it say anything accross the top in small green wrighting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

I dont have the phone with me at the moment.

If it was upgraded to 4.1, it would be reverted back to its original settings and locked back to vodaphone no as 4.1 is an unlockable version, no?

yes but not for long and theres no way to update to 4.0.1 unless ya have shsh saved, if ya do, it will say at the top of cydia
    this device has SHSHs on file for xxxxx

22f6a9c4.jpg

there will be loads of posts about it here, have ya got cydia on the iphone now

yes have cydia now

• Advertisement

ok start cydia, let it refresh and do any updates that are available, it might restart the phone but leave it till its finished, start it up again and then tap manage, then sources
    tap edit then add, type in repo666.ultrasn0w.com notice the 0 instead of o, tap add source
    tomorrow myself or someone else will post in this thread when ultrasn0w is updated so sit tight till then

ok start cydia, let it refresh and do any updates that are available, it might restart the phone but leave it till its finished, start it up again and then tap manage, then sources
    tap edit then add, type in repo666.ultrasn0w.com notice the 0 instead of o, tap add source
    tomorrow myself or someone else will post in this thread when ultrasn0w is updated so sit tight till then

cheers dude your a legend- so it might be tomorrow ? brilliant :D

possibly yeah, as soon as i know i'll post back here

possibly yeah, as soon as i know i'll post back here
    hey sorry just wondering - what happens if i ever need to restore again- would phone be locked as new iphone firmware is 4.2 or is there a way to restore to 4.1 again

yes if ya update to the latest firmware, download http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/
    the link is on the right side of that page
    start tiny umbrella and with the iphone connected click save SHSH

doing that will allow you to restore to older firmwares in the future, ya need to edit the host file aswell but dont worry about that now

yes if ya update to the latest firmware, download http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/
    the link is on the right side of that page
    start tiny umbrella and with the iphone connected click save SHSH

doing that will allow you to restore to older firmwares in the future, ya need to edit the host file aswell but dont worry about that now

thanks now i just sit and wait for the unlock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Hi there, quick question, have read through some of this thread and not found an answer:

I have a second hand iPhone 3gs, it's jailbroken but when connected to iTunes I am unable to transfer anything onto it? Do I need to do a restore?

Thanks

Just a bump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

i presume ya talking about the free apps from instalous is it?

if it is ya need to download app sync from cydia to match the firware your on

e.g 3.1=appsync 3.1

the propper app store aps should be no prob syncing across anyway

anybody any news :-o

nothing yet

• Advertisement

nothing yet

no problemo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

mono_mac wrote: »
    hey sorry just wondering - what happens if i ever need to restore again- would phone be locked as new iphone firmware is 4.2 or is there a way to restore to 4.1 again

just a bit of fyi, when you load cydia home screen, at the very top of page it should say something like "SHSH iOS 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.2b3" if it does these are the firmwares you will be able to downgrade to, even if you update by accident...always forever, so you will be always be able jailbreak ! at least

if it doesnt have anything, maybe you havent saved your shsh to cydia server, is there a "make my life easier" link down the page a bit ! press this once, and your set for life

Ultrasnow for 3G/3GS 4.2.1 eta is Sunday/funday

Btw if ya haven't saved SHSH for 4.1 already it's too late
    Apple stopped signing 4.1

Ultrasnow for 3G/3GS 4.2.1 eta is Sunday/funday

Btw if ya haven't saved SHSH for 4.1 already it's too late
    Apple stopped signing 4.1

havent a clue how the first one performs but why would ya want facetime with no front camera

just use back camera like

and how will ya see the other person

and how will ya see the other person

ha ha good point- but could be used to maybe show someone where you are or carry a mirror around lol :P

• Advertisement

mono_mac wrote: »
    ha ha good point- but could be used to maybe show someone where you are or carry a mirror around lol :P

dont seem to have gps after jailbreak :(

Advertisement