Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Hi,

I have a Iphone 3GS with IOS 3.1.2 and BB 5.11.07 and the newer bootroom (after week 40 of 2009).

Currently it is unlocked via Blackra1n, but unfortunately that's untethered. Now I have a few questions:

1) Is there any way to get an untethered unlock for my this Iphone (either upgrading to IOS 4.x or staying on 3.1.2)?

2) If I wanted to upgrade to a more recent Version, what would be my best option right now? What do you recommend. I am not too keen to upgrade to BB 6.15.

As a note: I am a Windows User (rules our pawnage) and I have no SHSH backed up, as I didn't look into it in more detail at the time, and now I can't get it signed anymore for 3.1.2.

Cheers,
    DubDani

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Can I or can't I JB my iphone4 on 4.2.1

Whats the best way to do it if possible

Thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 astroshot

I have an iphone 3gs with iOS 3.1.2 which I unlocked previously.
    This evening, Cydia uploaded Ultrasnow 1.2 automatically.
    Have 05.12.01.
    I'm not too bothered about having a jalbroken phone, just mainly want it unlocked.
    What's the best way to upgrade to OS and keep it unlocked?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

mono_mac wrote: »
    Guil I need to restore computer what files should I save before - for my iPhone like and if all my music is on it can I simply copy back to new itunes
    just get sharepod and it wil transfer any songs on an iphone/ipod to a folder on a pc
    mono_mac wrote: »
    anyone got download link for tiny umbrella- cant get official to work- as in download- and a way to coppy songs from ipod to computer
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/tinyumbrella-4.21.01.exe
    DubDani wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Iphone 3GS with IOS 3.1.2 and BB 5.11.07 and the newer bootroom (after week 40 of 2009).

Currently it is unlocked via Blackra1n, but unfortunately that's untethered. Now I have a few questions:

1) Is there any way to get an untethered unlock for my this Iphone (either upgrading to IOS 4.x or staying on 3.1.2)?

2) If I wanted to upgrade to a more recent Version, what would be my best option right now? What do you recommend. I am not too keen to upgrade to BB 6.15.

As a note: I am a Windows User (rules our pawnage) and I have no SHSH backed up, as I didn't look into it in more detail at the time, and now I can't get it signed anymore for 3.1.2.

Cheers,
    DubDani
    you are confusing tethered and untethered, blakra1n is tethered, ya could use snowbreeze to update to 4.1 and then jailbreak using limera1n, thats an untethered jailbreak
    Can I or can't I JB my iphone4 on 4.2.1

Whats the best way to do it if possible

Thanks
    yes ya can using redsn0w but its a tethered jb

fox007 wrote: »
    Just note if your trying to updat to 4.1 download tinyumbrella AND SAVE YOUR SHSH!!! Before doing anything.
    iirc saving shsh after apple stop signing it wont work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

guil wrote: »
    just get sharepod and it wil transfer any songs on an iphone/ipod to a folder on a pc

http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/tinyumbrella-4.21.01.exe
    you are confusing tethered and untethered, blakra1n is tethered, ya could use snowbreeze to update to 4.1 and then jailbreak using limera1n, thats an untethered jailbreak

yes ya can using redsn0w but its a tethered jb

guil your a legend- everthing cool now- guessing though actual phone antenna is damaged- with my service issue- will try new sim first though- thanks for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 14 astroshot

I hear some people are reporting problems with the GPS after unlocking the latest firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Hi all,
    I accidentlly updated the software to the latest on my iphone 3gs, but im dependant on an unlock as I'm with meteor. I had it jailbroken and unlocked on 4.0.1 using jailbreakme.com and ultrasn0w.
    Since accidently updating, I've managed to bring the software back to 4.0.1 but now i cant unlock it because the Modem Firmware is now 05.15.04

I've read a few threads on here and on iClarified.com but still confused.
    Am i right in saying that i cant change the Modem Firmware back to 05.13.04 so therefore im stuck with a locked iphone??

I bought the phone on O2 but straight away jailbreak and unlocked it to use my meteor sim card so havent used the O2 one at all. Do they still request you to spend €150 on credit before they give you an unlock code for it??

If anyone had any ideas or knows how to solve my problem I would greatly appreciate their help! Very stuck at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palm

Thanks for the link, i am still confused tho. If I restore its original settings in iTunes, would that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palm

Hi all,

1. Am i right in saying that i cant change the Modem Firmware back to 05.13.04 so therefore im stuck with a locked iphone??
    2. Do they still request you to spend €150 on credit before they give you an unlock code for it??
    3. If anyone had any ideas or knows how to solve my problem I would greatly appreciate their help! Very stuck at the minute!

1. Yes, unless you follow instructions in link
    2. Yes
    3. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12947
    Thanks for the link, i am still confused tho. If I restore its original settings in iTunes, would that work?

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 richnel_85

Hi,
    I recently jailbroke and unlocked my iPhone 3Gs (Version 4.1) using UltraSn0w – so that I could use my Meteor sim in it. The iphone is originally from O2 and has never had any problems or issues. However, at the minute I can’t seem to get any Meteor service coverage on the iphone with my Meteor sim installed.

A message appearing saying “Restricted Network” and “Network Lost” - “your selected network is no longer available”. I have tried my unlocked iphone with other sims (vodaphone) and it seems to be working grand with them – what sould i do to get Meteor working???

Many thanks in advance.

ps. I bought a new sim card (Metoer) in the hope that it was a problem with my old sim – but no luck!!

try installing the meteor carrier bundle from the sticky at the top of this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

:D changed antena charge dock etc and all is perfect now :) thanks guil for helpin all the way to a working 3gs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Hey guys I've been trying to read up on all the threads that are already there but I am a bit confused. First of all it seems some basebands of the iPhone 4 can or cannot be unlocked yet.

So if I was to buy an iPhone 4 on bill pay from Vodafone now what software or baseband would it be and is it possible to unlock this?

Basically all I want is to use it on pre pay as many people here do, you know the story but can you help my severe lack of knowledge and confusion is the question? Haha thanks in advance, any help much appreciated cheers!! ;)

I think i've pretty much bricked my iphone >:(
    it wont even take the o2sim card now (the phones locked to o2)
    and the baseband is now 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2??

Every time i turn the phone on,the connect to itunes logo comes up and then in itunes it says the phone is in recovery and it cant check the latest software. The only thing i can do is click restore and then when it finished a box pops up and says "The iphone could not be restored . An unknown error occured (1015)" and the connect to itunes logo comes back up on the phone!

Anyone got any ideas or help?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think i've pretty much bricked my iphone >:(
    it wont even take the o2sim card now (the phones locked to o2)
    and the baseband is now 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2??

Every time i turn the phone on,the connect to itunes logo comes up and then in itunes it says the phone is in recovery and it cant check the latest software. The only thing i can do is click restore and then when it finished a box pops up and says "The iphone could not be restored . An unknown error occured (1015)" and the connect to itunes logo comes back up on the phone!

Anyone got any ideas or help?!?!?

have a read through the link below...apparently error code 1015 is a good error :) ..it means you have successfully restored and just need to get out of recovery mode...there's an app linked at the bottom which should get you out of it..

or you could use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery and see how that goes for you?
    what iphone model do you have btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Error 1015 means that the baseband verification failed. This recovery mode is irrecoverable.

Part of the restoring process is a baseband version check. It checks whether you have the correct baseband for the iOS your trying to restore to. Because you have installed the 06.xx baseband, you will never be able to restore to a stock firmware again, unless apple release a firmware version higher than 06.15.00. You will need to restore to a custom ipsw created with pwnage tool, that bypasses the baseband check.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

same problem as scuba steve,sc@recrow which ap are you refering to?

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Error 1015 means that the baseband verification failed. This recovery mode is irrecoverable.

Part of the restoring process is a baseband version check. It checks whether you have the correct baseband for the iOS your trying to restore to. Because you have installed the 06.xx baseband, you will never be able to restore to a stock firmware again, unless apple release a firmware version higher than 06.15.00. You will need to restore to a custom ipsw created with pwnage tool, that bypasses the baseband check.
    Also, if you are running tinyumbrella while restoring that could be causing issues too. You will need to close tinyumbrella and remove the Cydia server from your hosts file.

• Advertisement

It will most likely be on iOS 4.1, baseband 02.xx. Not unlockable.

Cheers for the reply! Absolutely raging about this!
    Sc@recrow wrote: »
    have a read through the link below...apparently error code 1015 is a good error :) ..it means you have successfully restored and just need to get out of recovery mode...there's an app linked at the bottom which should get you out of it..

or you could use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery and see how that goes for you?
    what iphone model do you have btw?

I have the iphone 3gs. I'm not sure how i managed to get the 06.xx baseband on it, thats ipad baseband isnt it??
    have a read through the link below...apparently error code 1015 is a good error :)
    Which link?
    Tried it and nothing works, still stuck on the connect to itunes logo!

You will need to restore to a custom ipsw created with pwnage tool, that bypasses the baseband check.

How do i go about doing that?

Cheers for the reply! Absolutely raging about this!

I have the iphone 3gs. I'm not sure how i managed to get the 06.xx baseband on it, thats ipad baseband isnt it??

Which link?

Tried it and nothing works, still stuck on the connect to itunes logo!
    the only way to unlock a 3g or 3gs on 4.2.1 is to install the ipad bb, ya would of had to enable it aswell, its not enabled by default

How do i go about doing that?
    Do you have a mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

karljd wrote: »
    same problem as scuba steve,sc@recrow which ap are you refering to?

damn..forgot the bloody link :)

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgrading/714717-ultimate-downgrade-tutorial.html

Do you have a mac?

Windows, sorry I should have stated

Windows, sorry I should have stated
    You have two options:

1. Get a friend who has a mac to create your custom IPSW. You can then use it to restore to.

2. Use Sn0wBreeze for windows. Note: this jailbreak isn't very stable. You *may* encounter issues down the line.

@scuba_steve

The most important thing to note here is, you almost definitely haven't bricked your iPhone :D

• Advertisement

I dont think I know anyone that has a Mac! :(
    Ill try use Sn0wBreeze right now!

Advertisement