Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

mono_mac wrote: »
    did all this- workin fine prior- now says in itunes store sim not supported and insert carrier sim :(
    Try Reboot the phone and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

connect to itunes after reboot or full process

connect to itunes after reboot or full process

no good should of left it as was :(

no good should of left it as was :(
    There's still hope :D

Go to Settings>SAM and where it says "Automatic", change that to one of the other options and select the new options that appear.

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    There's still hope :D

Go to Settings>SAM and where it says "Automatic", change that to one of the other options and select the new options that appear.

did it chose vodafone etc -no luck - cant use itunes now :(

• Advertisement

did it chose vodafone etc -no luck - cant use itunes now :(
    Try one of the other options.

If it still doesn't work, start the entire process again - you might get lucky :)

no luck :(

no luck :(
    Try this:

1. Run Redsn0w and deselct every checkbox except "Deactivate"
    2. Settings>SAM, press "De-Activate iPhone"
    3. Connect to iTunes

when i start red snow it asks for current corrosponding ipsw to my current firmware

when i start red snow it asks for current corrosponding ipsw to my current firmware
    If you haven't already got it downloaded, download it from here

• Advertisement

im 4.1 8b117 which one i choose- cos my baseband aint there

im 4.1 8b117 which one i choose- cos my baseband aint there
    Is that a genuine question?...

Choose the one that has 4.1_8b117 in its name...

Don't worry about the baseband for the minute

if i delete sam will things be back as they were- that would be good

if i delete sam will things be back as they were- that would be good

phew it does- il save battery by switchin of stuff till i need :) cheers for tryin :)

phew it does- il save battery by switchin of stuff till i need :) cheers for tryin :)
    No problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I updated my iphone 3g to baseband 6.15.00 with redsn0w the other day and found out today that the GpS is borked. Back to my little android phone until a fix comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

Hello all,

I recently bought a macbook, very happy with it. Next in line was a new mp3 player, so i said why not kill two birds and get an iphone 4. Good phone and good mp3. Grand.

I am currently a prepaid meteor user, I have the opportunity to get an iphone4 through vodafone or 3. I have read most of this thread, but i am new to this operating system and my head spins when jailbroken etc is mentioned. I am anticipating some issues with regards unlocking this for meteor use.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation for me please.

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya wont be able to unlock it at the moment and there is no sign of it anytime soon

guil wrote: »
    ya wont be able to unlock it at the moment and there is no sign of it anytime soon

I heard there was some sort of leeway with the o2 network? is that true?

I heard there was some sort of leeway with the o2 network? is that true?
    what do ya mean by leeway with o2, ya said you're with meteor and could get it off vodafone or three
    whats the connection with o2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is there an untethered JB out yet?

not yet for 4.2.1
    eta is rumoured to be christmas eve

what do ya mean by leeway with o2, ya said you're with meteor and could get it off vodafone or three
    whats the connection with o2

As in o2 were unlocking their iphones on bill pay.

Yes but you never mentioned them plus ya would still have a contract with o2 whether the phone is unlocked or not

Yes but you never mentioned them plus ya would still have a contract with o2 whether the phone is unlocked or not

Apologies, i tried to edit a second time and couldnt. There is someone i know who wants to change to o2, so that suits me.

What has made o2 unconditionally unlock their iphones, vodafone need you to be on contract 18 months or something before doing it :confused:

Apologies, i tried to edit a second time and couldnt. There is someone i know who wants to change to o2, so that suits me.

What has made o2 unconditionally unlock their iphones, vodafone need you to be on contract 18 months or something before doing it :confused:
    oh right, does the person know they will be on a more expensive tariff over a longer period to get the iphone, they started unlocking them soon after they lost the exclusivity deal with apple

oh right, does the person know they will be on a more expensive tariff over a longer period to get the iphone, they started unlocking them soon after they lost the exclusivity deal with apple

Excuse me? What is this about, I am perfectly aware of how expensive tariffs work and if the o2 one doesnt appeal to me i will buy the iphone 4 sim free. So less of the condescending attitiude, cheers. I was merely asking a question about the availability of an unlock on irish networks. Thanks for your help.

Excuse me? What is this about, I am perfectly aware of how expensive tariffs work and if the o2 one doesnt appeal to me i will buy the iphone 4 sim free. So less of the condescending attitiude, cheers. I was merely asking a question about the availability of an unlock on irish networks. Thanks for your help.
    nothing condescending about it, its just some people dont realise the extra cost of the iphone tariffs
    afaik o2 are the only ones who unlock it straight away

Yes thats ok, I'm aware of the extra cost. Apologies, sometimes tones are hard to read through a computer screen. Cheers for the help.

• Advertisement

If you had of actually read some previous posts before asking a question that is asked 5-6 times a week here you wouldn't have gotten any "Condescending attitude".

Guil was just pointing out that o2 require you to sign up for an 18 month "iPhone tariff", a fact that most people are unaware of.

Advertisement