Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Hi guys yeer all probobly going to hate me for asking but i have an iphone 3gs on 4.1 running baseband 5.14.02 new bootrom. Anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Hi guys yeer all probobly going to hate me for asking but i have an iphone 3gs on 4.1 running baseband 5.14.02 new bootrom. Anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers
    post above you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Trying to jailbreak an ipod touch, 3g, IOS 4.2.1.

have redsn0w, and the firmware. It keeps crashing on the RAMDISK part.. Anyone know why? I'm running it in compatability mode, and as an administrator. Still crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

D.Q wrote: »

have redsn0w, and the firmware. It keeps crashing on the RAMDISK part.. Anyone know why? I'm running it in compatability mode, and as an administrator. Still crashes.
    Sounds ridiculous, but try a different computer if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Had this problem on a mates iphone.

first off, make sure itunes is closed, completely.

if this doesnt work, change compatabilty mode to XP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

As silly as it sounds, make sure you're using the right firmware. I got this error when jailbreaking a 3G because I was accidentally trying to install 3GS firmware.

Also, if you can't get it working, try Limera1n instead. Much easier jailbreak in comparison to redsn0w IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

just used the exact same files on my brothers laptop, worked grand. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Any sign of the untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Okay guys,

I just handed over my old locked Iphone 1g to my brother- he puts in his meteor sim(supposed to be an english O2) and restores the phone straight away...

I've been looking around and I cannot find out how to make Itunes actually try and restore the phone again(instead of saying that the sim is not supported, or that I have to insert a sim)so I can unlock and jailbreak the thing for him, now.

Any sign of the untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4 yet?

Nope
    Okay guys,

I just handed over my old locked Iphone 1g to my brother- he puts in his meteor sim(supposed to be an english O2) and restores the phone straight away...

I've been looking around and I cannot find out how to make Itunes actually try and restore the phone again(instead of saying that the sim is not supported, or that I have to insert a sim)so I can unlock and jailbreak the thing for him, now.

If it's just after being restored, run redsn0w and check the "unlock" checkbox.

If you still want to restore, I think you're looking for dfu mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Nope

If it's just after being restored, run redsn0w and check the "unlock" checkbox.

If you still want to restore, I think you're looking for dfu mode.

redsn0w isn't behaving itself and asking first for some .NET framework stuff and then just crapping out after that.

redsn0w isn't behaving itself and asking first for some .NET framework stuff and then just crapping out after that.
    Make sure you have whatever .net version it's looking for installed. Else use a different computer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Just got a second hand iphone 3g,plugged it in computer,didnt work and restored it to 4.2.1 ,the baseband is 05.15.04,I see alot of jailbreaks around but the phone is unlocked and I dont want to lose that.What are my options with this and jailbreaking?

I jail breaked an itouch before,i was just think can I not use an older iOS and jailbreak that.Whats the benifits of 4.2.1 any how?

Just got a second hand iphone 3g,plugged it in computer,didnt work and restored it to 4.2.1 ,the baseband is 05.15.04,I see alot of jailbreaks around but the phone is unlocked and I dont want to lose that.What are my options with this and jailbreaking?

I jail breaked an itouch before,i was just think can I not use an older iOS and jailbreak that.Whats the benifits of 4.2.1 any how?
    05.15.04 is not unlockable. If you are unlocked right now on 05.15.04 It is a legitimate unlock and will not be undone, no matter how many times you restore it.

Whats the benifits of 4.2.1 and can I resore it to an old os and jailbreak there.

Whats the benifits of 4.2.1 and can I resore it to an old os and jailbreak there.
    You can downgrade the OS but you cannot downgrade the baseband. No matter what iOS version you downgrade to, you will stay on baseband 05.15.04. It's possible to unlock another way but it's risky.

Ok i put the sim I had from america in and it started up fine,guess it proper unlocked,(dont have another Irish sim)

So can I just go ahead and jail break and not be afaid to lose the unlocked phone?Whats the best software to use to jailbreak with this os/baseband?

If it was locked to a certain carrier how would you know,does it say incorrect sim?

Ok i put the sim I had from america in and it started up fine,guess it proper unlocked,(dont have another Irish sim)

So can I just go ahead and jail break and not be afaid to lose the unlocked phone?Whats the best software to use to jailbreak with this os/baseband?

If it was locked to a certain carrier how would you know,does it say incorrect sim?
    That's correct. I would suggest redsn0w.

Baseband version has no impact on the jailbreak.

That's correct. I would suggest redsn0w.

Baseband version has no impact on the jailbreak.

Whats correct that,is it that onceI put the sim in it will say sim incorrect?

Im off to get redsnow.

Whats correct that,is it that onceI put the sim in it will say sim incorrect?

Im off to get redsnow.
    What? No, it's correct that you can jailbreak without losing the unlock...

• Advertisement

Ok this should be the last question(s).

I connected the phone to the itunes and it says cant activate the phone guess its locked to O2.

If I jail break,will I ever be able to unlock the phone to other carriers?

Ok this should be the last question(s).

I connected the phone to the itunes and it says cant activate the phone guess its locked to O2.

If I jail break,will I ever be able to unlock the phone to other carriers?
    Did you read through the link I posted?

Nope just seen it there,I was looking at this allready,if I can just jail break it for now I will be happy enough.Dont want to go down the route of no return.

Did you read through the link I posted?
    If you do the unlock and it works without having the GPS issues your iPhone will be unlocked permanently as it appears apple are no longer updating the 3G.

Ill give it a month or so to see if theres any new updates just in case as I dont need it unlocked right away (even tho o2 are sh!te).Red snow to unlock any thing i need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

guys,

few people on a few pages back seem to be trying the same thing I am. I have followed the posts of the replies to no avail.

iPhone 3GS 4.2.1, downloaded redsn0w from iclarified and the firmware. When I run redsn0w and it browses for the firmware it shows that my Pwnage folder is empty, but its not.

trying the wi-fi now and its not working,wont pick up on my wi-fi signal.The router is on and my laptop picks up on it.

Has anyone came acroos this problem before.I am on 4.2.1 its a 3g 8gig and I jail broke it.I never tried it before the jailbreak so cant know if the jailbreak done it.

Ok so now I am having problems with the wi-fi,it doesnt pick up on my network,the network is no secuirty,its one name no spaces and its on g/n.My Iphone wont pick up on the network.Just get the searching for network.

My laptop picks up on the signal so cant be the router.
    I was readign that if I change the baseband that this will fix the problem,is this true?
    There seems that alot of people are having problems with this but there no real solution bar that changing the baseband.
    Thoughts on this guys?

Ok so now I am having problems with the wi-fi,it doesnt pick up on my network,the network is no secuirty,its one name no spaces and its on g/n.My Iphone wont pick up on the network.Just get the searching for network.

My laptop picks up on the signal so cant be the router.
    I was readign that if I change the baseband that this will fix the problem,is this true?
    There seems that alot of people are having problems with this but there no real solution bar that changing the baseband.
    Thoughts on this guys?
    Try Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

• Advertisement

Tried that.still just get choose network and nothing appears.

Will changing the baseband fix the problem?At least it will be unlocked and can get cheaper 3g :)

Advertisement