Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Tried that.still just get choose network and nothing appears.

Will changing the baseband fix the problem?At least it will be unlocked and can get cheaper 3g :)
    I couldn't tell you. Doubt it to be honest but it's worth a try if you're out of options I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Phone is unlocked but still no wi-fi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Hi folks, following on from the ATV2 jailbreak thread I went about adding XBMC to my jailbroken iPad, I hadn't gone into cydia in ages so there were 5 updates which i clicked update all on, after installing the first one springboard tried to reset itself and stuck on the the spinning wheel for 10 mins, I rebooted and its now in recovery mode, I really don't want to have to restore it!!!!!
    I haven't backed up in ages and I have bought tons of apps and games, as well as customised it pretty heavily via cydia it will take hours to get it back to the way it was.

The only option in iTunes is to restore back to factory settings, please someone tell me there is some way to boot into safe mode and repair or something along those lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

not sure if tinyumbrella works on the ipad but i cant see why not, use it to kick out of recovery

guil wrote: »
    not sure if tinyumbrella works on the ipad but i cant see why not, use it to kick out of recovery

Good man Guil, I'm trying it as we speak

Ok I have backed up my blobs on cydia in the past, can anyone tell me if tinyumbrella works with the iPad? it going through the motions the TSS server is running and accepting connections but nothing is happening?

• Advertisement

Ah Balls not working, jeez I went to update cydia 2 hours ago and my whole day disappeared! I've tried a few different methods, most recently Sauriks restore suggestion, not working itunes, it gets to the waiting for iPad stage of the restore after downloading the correct 3.2 firmware from sauriks server but the iPad just hangs, currently downloading ther latest 4.2 and not going to be able to jailbreak for the forseeable future:mad: not a happy camper!

fingers crossed this restore works!

Is there any way in iTunes to see a list of all your purchases? I have bought loads of songs, apps books & games, as well as the o2 daily treats over christmas, any suggestions as to the fastest way to get all my purchases back in an efficient manner?

dont thin there is any way to keep track of purchases other than the receipts apple email to you, theres is a purchased menu under store but it only shows songs and videos

Phone is unlocked but still no wi-fi
    Sounds like a hardware problem so. Did it work before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not sure didnt try it,abyone know a good repair center,I emailed one but no reply so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 available now? Just got a text to say it was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 available now? Just got a text to say it was...

I know there's a beta one for MAC users and only for iphone 4...bluetooth's broken though so that's a non-option for me

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I know there's a beta one for MAC users and only for iphone 4...bluetooth's broken though so that's a non-option for me
    Bluetooth was fixed in b5, Skype in b6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Apple TV 2 can now be jailbroken in Windows, but you need a Custom IPSW so you need a Mac to generate it, or someone who can do it for you.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=91490
    The guide is a little weird, I can do up a proper one if anyone is having trouble.

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Bluetooth was fixed in b5, Skype in b6.

sweet..if you come across the windows beta link it wud ya? :D

below is the main downloads page for redsnow..but for the beta you need osx (VMWARE?) plus 4.2b3 dev

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/iphone-downloads/

sweet..if you come across the windows beta link it wud ya? :D

below is the main downloads page for redsnow..but for the beta you need osx (VMWARE?) plus 4.2b3 dev

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/iphone-downloads/
    It doesn't look like they will release it for Windows, not in its current form anyway. Since the launch of this beta jailbreak there has been the issue with pirating the 4.2b3's IPSW, which the dev team are firmly against. Most Windows users would be pirating the IPSW since real devs need a Mac to develop their iOS apps anyway, so would have access to a Mac and no need for a windows version.

On a more positive note, MuscleNerd has managed to port the Monte jailbreak to the 4.1 kernel!

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    It doesn't look like they will release it for Windows, not in its current form anyway. Since the launch of this beta jailbreak there has been the issue with pirating the 4.2b3's IPSW, which the dev team are firmly against. Most Windows users would be pirating the IPSW since real devs need a Mac to develop their iOS apps anyway, so would have access to a Mac and no need for a windows version.

On a more positive note, MuscleNerd has managed to port the Monte jailbreak to the 4.1 kernel!
    And... There is another untethered jailbreak on the horizon from the chronic dev team!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5qNray7FHU

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matsy1

Hi, need some advice. I have an iphone 3gs, 3.1.3. Its jailbroken since last year and I have never plugged it into itunes ever since i got it for the fear of it updating and unjailbreaking or something.. I would like to upgrade my music now, is it safe to plug it in?? And am i missing out on some good and safe upgrades from itunes?

matsy1 wrote: »
    Hi, need some advice. I have an iphone 3gs, 3.1.3. Its jailbroken since last year and I have never plugged it into itunes ever since i got it for the fear of it updating and unjailbreaking or something.. I would like to upgrade my music now, is it safe to plug it in?? And am i missing out on some good and safe upgrades from itunes?

will be fine...itunes will always ask you if you want to download any updates for your phone and update it...always say no :) and you'll be fine ;)

but if I were you I'd update it to 4.1 at least (untethered jailbreak)

will be fine...itunes will always ask you if you want to download any updates for your phone and update it...always say no :) and you'll be fine ;)

but if I were you I'd update it to 4.1 at least (untethered jailbreak)

Thanks sc@recrow, so i should have an option to updat to 4.1 only?

Thanks sc@recrow, so i should have an option to updat to 4.1 only?

I presumed you can download the custom 4.1 firmware...but I could be wrong..you might need to install the official one first..someone on here should know anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I presumed you can download the custom 4.1 firmware...but I could be wrong..you might need to install the official one first..someone on here should know anyway..

No its ok you can use the custom one,i went from the official 3.1.3 on my iPad straight to custom 4.2.1 firmware,with no problems.

No its ok you can use the custom one,i went from the official 3.1.3 on my iPad straight to custom 4.2.1 firmware,with no problems.

Ye but there aint no untethered JB for 4.2.1 yet?

ipad started at 3.2.2
    if the op goes to 4.2.1 it will be a tethered jb which is a pain in the arse, OP download sn0wbreeze and create a custom 4.1 and upgrade to that

ipad started at 3.2.2
    if the op goes to 4.2.1 it will be a tethered jb which is a pain in the arse, OP download sn0wbreeze and create a custom 4.1 and upgrade to that

Well i went from 3.2.2 then,i never checked it i just jailbroke it straight out of the box.

ipad started at 3.2.2

Cheers, but is there any real benefit? Im happy enough but just want to upgrade my music through itunes without itunes updating/unjailbreaking me.

Cheers, but is there any real benefit? Im happy enough but just want to upgrade my music through itunes without itunes updating/unjailbreaking me.

There isn't much benefit tbh,id wait for the untethered 4.3 jailbreak to come out,you will have no problem updating your music,when you connect it to iTunes it will ask you to update just click cancel,and away you go it wont unjailbreak your phone.

the only extra thing 4.1 will give you is game center, nothing else major in it

the only extra thing 4.1 will give you is game center, nothing else major in it

and multitasking? ...that was in 4.1 wasn't it for the 3gs?

and multitasking? ...that was in 4.1 wasn't it for the 3gs?

Well that is one thing id like to have... Getting a phonecall during mc2 is annoying!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Multitasking came in 4.0.1 I think

Advertisement