Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

guys can an iphone 3gs on ios4,2,1 ms model be jailbroken and unlocked?

i have tried several times but its stuck in DFU MODE.

i have tried several wayss of restoring it but its to no avail.

Am i screwed.
    the baseband that comes with 4.2.1 cant be unlocked yet, the only way to unlock is to install the ipad baseband with redsn0w
    Im sorry for being a retard and asking questions im sure have been asked a million times!

I got an iPhone off my sis, she used it as a bill pay with Vodafone... I want to use it as pay as you go Meteor.. I have done the jailbreak thing but dunno how to unlock it. Is it possible to get what i want working?

When i put in my sim it says "Sim locked" then gives me the option to say ok or to unlock... I click unlock but i dont get any reception with it! Any help would be sound!! Cheers
    what model iphone is it and what firmware and baseband is on it, go to settings>general>about
    version is the firmware and modem firmware is the baseband

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

guil wrote: »
    what model iphone is it and what firmware and baseband is on it, go to settings>general>about
    version is the firmware and modem firmware is the baseband

Im after making a balls of it now cause i restored to factory setting's and it tells me my pin is locked and doesnt work with this phone so i can't do anything with it! Do'h!

just put the sim in another phone and turn off the pin
    the only way to unlock it is to jailbreak using redsn0w and install the ipad baseband but be warned, doing this will void any warranty and you may have gps issues, ya wont be able to restore or update it in itunes anymore either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

guys i have two iphone's stuck on the recovery loop.

one has the ipad baseband and has 05.15.04.

both of them wont restore to factory settings.

what should I DO?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

sounds like your pc might be causing them to lock up or crash

• Advertisement

guys i have two iphone's stuck on the recovery loop.

one has the ipad baseband and has 05.15.04.

both of them wont restore to factory settings.

what should I DO?
    the one with the ipad baseband will fail anyway if ya just click restore in itunes, check the hosts file and see if there is a line with gsapple.com at the end, delete the line

the one with the ipad baseband will fail anyway if ya just click restore in itunes, check the hosts file and see if there is a line with gsapple.com at the end, delete the line

how do I check the host file.

what does the gsapple.com do?

are ya using mac or windows
    it redirects itunes verification to cydia's server for downgrading using shsh

are ya using mac or windows
    it redirects itunes verification to cydia's server for downgrading using shsh

I am using windows.

• Advertisement

thanks for the link once its done what should i do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

When I get replacement iphone(tomorrow hopefully) and its the correct version to jailbreak....is it best to sync it with itunes to get all my stuff back onto it and then jailbreak, or jailbreak first then sync?

thanks for the link once its done what should i do next.
    are both iphones 3GS,on the one with the normal baseband just click restore, on the one with the ipad baseband ya need to download a copy of 4.2.1 or whatever firmware is on it form iclarified and then download sn0wbreeze and create a custom ipsw, hold shift and click restore and use the custom ipsw

are both iphones 3GS,on the one with the normal baseband just click restore, on the one with the ipad baseband ya need to download a copy of 4.2.1 or whatever firmware is on it form iclarified and then download sn0wbreeze and create a custom ipsw, hold shift and click restore and use the custom ipsw

I already have the custom ispw for the one with the ipad baseband and its not working.

try another one, are ya sure its for a 3GS

try another one, are ya sure its for a 3GS

I'm sure it's.

I downloaded 2 custom ispw's on my PC and its still the same result.

cool, doing that now.

i just ran the downloaded file via redsn0w and it says its not a valid ispw.

This happened to all of them

are ya trying to jailbreak it or restore
    your original post said restore

• Advertisement

are ya trying to jailbreak it or restore
    your original post said restore

I have tried doing both but none of them works.

when i use redsn0w it crashes at installing bundles and if it passes that stage it goes back to the recovery mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Can someone give me the best repos to add?

Have sinfuliphonerepo.

I have tried doing both but none of them works.

when i use redsn0w it crashes at installing bundles and if it passes that stage it goes back to the recovery mode.

Which redsn0w did ya use. I used rc8 last week on a 3GS and every time I rebooted it went to recovery but if ya follow the instructions in redsn0w and tick just boot tethered and it will start up fine but ya will have to do that after every reboot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Whats the best IPSW for an Iphone 3g?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Whats the best IPSW for an Iphone 3g?
    What do you mean by "best"? They're all the same...

Do you mean iOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

It says to download custom IPSW but which one is the best of a 3g

Which redsn0w did ya use. I used rc8 last week on a 3GS and every time I rebooted it went to recovery but if ya follow the instructions in redsn0w and tick just boot tethered and it will start up fine but ya will have to do that after every reboot

I used rc8.

the main problem is that when it boots it boots back to recovery mode.

Has redsn0w 0.9.7 been released? i cant find any links for it.

I used rc8.

the main problem is that when it boots it boots back to recovery mode.

Has redsn0w 0.9.7 been released? i cant find any links for it.
    i know that kept happening with the 3GS i jb aswell, with it in recovery, connect to pc, run redsn0w select the ipsw and then click next
    click boot tethered now and then next, click next again and hold the power button for 3 seconds then the home button aswell for a further 10 seconds and then release the power button but continue holding the home button
    it will boot then

i know that kept happening with the 3GS i jb aswell, with it in recovery, connect to pc, run redsn0w select the ipsw and then click next
    click boot tethered now and then next, click next again and hold the power button for 3 seconds then the home button aswell for a further 10 seconds and then release the power button but continue holding the home button
    it will boot then

cool, i will try this now.

I just did this and it showed a pineapple logo then the apple logo then i jumped back to recovery mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Greenpois0n is out, allowing untethered jailbreaking for all current devices.

http://www.greenpois0n.com/

Windows version coming soon.

Advertisement