Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Site is down. He tweeted earlier though that there's huge traffic hitting the site as is to be expected. Although its probably a DOS attack from a certain company :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Would these idiots ever release an unlock for 02.10.04 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matsy1

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

If i already have the tethered 4.2.1 jailbreak, do I have to restore first and then re-jailbreak it using the link above to get the untethered jb?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

matsy1 wrote: »

That was quick. So it's definitely working for Windows now too?

Edit: just checked the download page. Link still says awaiting fix for windows...

:mad:

• Advertisement

That was quick. So it's definitely working for Windows now too?

Edit: just checked the download page. Link still says awaiting fix for windows...

:mad:

I haven't tried yet, just searching through Twitter for links. I reckon let the madness settle and there should be a fix today at some stage and jb over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hogzy wrote: »
    Would these idiots ever release an unlock for 02.10.04 :mad:

Nah, they're idiots, you should unlock it yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I haven't tried yet, just searching through Twitter for links. I reckon let the madness settle and there should be a fix today at some stage and jb over the weekend.

i hope so.

would i be able to jailbreak my iphone with greenpois0n even though its stuck in recovery mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Giblet wrote: »
    Nah, they're idiots, you should unlock it yourself!

okay-face.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Great jailbreak. For people running the redsnow tethered jailbreak at the moment, I think you can just run greenpoison over it to get it untethered. They don't interfere with each other as greenpoision changes the boot order.

• Advertisement

i hope so.

would i be able to jailbreak my iphone with greenpois0n even though its stuck in recovery mode.

It should work. If not try it on someone elses computer, pref a mac.

It should work. If not try it on someone elses computer, pref a mac.

thanks i'll try it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

thanks i'll try it asap.
    This should get you sorted:

(If you have a 3GS with the iPad baseband this will not work)

1. Open up TinyUmbrella and make sure you have your SHSH blobs saved for whatever firmware you want to use.

2. Click "Start TSS Server".

3. Open iTunes.

4. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Once connected, turn the iPhone off.

5. Enter DFU mode:
    • Hold the power button for 3 seconds.
    • While not letting go of the power button, press and hold the home & power buttons for 10 seconds.
    • Let go of the power button but continue to hold the home button until iTunes registers "An iPhone in recovery mode".

6. Hold shift and press restore in iTunes. It will ask you to find the IPSW you wish to install so make sure to select the correct one.

7. After the restore finishes, the device should start up normally and you can use GreenPois0n to jailbreak. If it doesn't: read on.

8. Close iTunes and enter DFU mode again.

9. Once in DFU mode, run GreenPois0n. You won't need to follow the instructions it gives you as your device will already be in DFU mode.

10. Enjoy your jailbroken iPhone!

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    This should get you sorted:

(If you have a 3GS with the iPad baseband this will not work)

1. Open up TinyUmbrella and make sure you have your SHSH blobs saved for whatever firmware you want to use.

2. Click "Start TSS Server".

3. Open iTunes.

4. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Once connected, turn the iPhone off.

5. Enter DFU mode:
    • Hold the power button for 3 seconds.
    • While not letting go of the power button, press and hold the home & power buttons for 10 seconds.
    • Let go of the power button but continue to hold the home button until iTunes registers "An iPhone in recovery mode".
    6. Hold shift and press restore in iTunes. It will ask you to find the IPSW you wish to install so make sure to select the correct one.

7. After the restore finishes, the device should start up normally and you can use GreenPois0n to jailbreak. If it doesn't: read on.

8. Close iTunes and enter DFU mode again.

9. Once in DFU mode, run GreenPois0n. You won't need to follow the instructions it gives you as your device will already be in DFU mode.

10. Enjoy your jailbroken iPhone!

i have the ipad baseband and i already saved my SSH blobs

i have the ipad baseband and i already saved my SSH blobs
    At this time, you can not update to iOS 4.2.1 if you have the iPad baseband installed.

my iphone 3gs was running on the ipad baseband then was updated to 4.2.1 before it was stuck in recovery mode.

my iphone 3gs was running on the ipad baseband then was updated to 4.2.1 before it was stuck in recovery mode.
    How did you get there?

How did you get there?

I did this via redsn0w.
    iailbroke my iphone running on ios4.1. my basweband was changed. I saved my SSH. then restored by my iphone buy custom ispw.

I did this via redsn0w.
    iailbroke my iphone running on ios4.1. my basweband was changed. I saved my SSH. then restored by my iphone buy custom ispw.
    What did you use to make a custom iOS 4.2.1 IPSW?

What did you use to make a custom iOS 4.2.1 IPSW?

I didn't make one myself but i downloaded one on the internet.

on page 82 of this forum is were i downloaded the custom firmware.
    I shouldn't have, if i didn't i wouldn't be in this mes in the first place.

• Advertisement

I didn't make one myself but i downloaded one on the internet.

on page 82 of this forum is were i downloaded the custom firmware.
    I shouldn't have, if i didn't i wouldn't be in this mes in the first place.
    From the iClarified tutorial? That isn't a custom IPSW, it isn't even for a 3GS (it's for an iPhone 4).

As far as I know it isn't possible to create a custom 4.2.1 IPSW at the moment.

Your best bet is to download/create a custom 4.1 IPSW and follow steps 1-6 I posted earlier.

From the iClarified tutorial? That isn't a custom IPSW, it isn't even for a 3GS (it's for an iPhone 4).

As far as I know it isn't possible to create a custom 4.2.1 IPSW at the moment.

Your best bet is to download/create a custom 4.1 IPSW and follow steps 1-6 I posted earlier.

doing this now.

But my iphone is running on ios4.2.1.

I dont know how but it's.

doing this now.

But my iphone is running on ios4.2.1.

I dont know how but it's.
    If you tried to restore it in iTunes to a stock 4.2.1 IPSW it would fail the baseband check and stay in recovery mode until it detects that the correct baseband is installed. Using a custom IPSW bypasses this check.

So you could very well be on 4.2.1 at the moment but it's useless to you if you can't get it out of recovery mode.

If you tried to restore it in iTunes to a stock 4.2.1 IPSW it would fail the baseband check and stay in recovery mode until it detects that the correct baseband is installed. Using a custom IPSW bypasses this check.

So you could very well be on 4.2.1 at the moment but it's useless to you if you can't get it out of recovery mode.

I've used a custom ispw and it doesnt work aswell.
    i'm downloading one for 4.1 and i will try it.

I've used a custom ispw and it doesnt work aswell.
    i'm downloading one for 4.1 and i will try it.
    Just make sure that:

a) It definitely is a Custom IPSW that knows you already have the iPad baseband installed.

b) You have TinyUmbrella running and you have your 4.1 SHSH saved locally.

and you should be fine.

What do you mean by having tiny umbrella running, sorry for this questions.

must it be running while I restore my iphone?

What do you mean by having tiny umbrella running, sorry for this questions.

must it be running while I restore my iphone?
    Yep it must. It will fail otherwise.

TinyUmbrella - Windows

TinyUmbrella - Mac

Yep it must. It will fail otherwise.

What? i didnt know this.

yesterday i tampered with the host file and I am getting an error on tinyumbrella saying windows/system32/drivers/etc/host is not write able.

its also saying that i shouldn't restore my device.

What? i didnt know this.

yesterday i tampered with the host file and I am getting an error on tinyumbrella saying windows/system32/drivers/etc/host is not write able.

its also saying that i shouldn't restore my device.
    I included that step in my little tutorial. Make sure the hosts file isn't read only (right click>properties>read only> uncheck).

Otherwise, use a different computer.

• Advertisement

I included that step in my little tutorial. Make sure the hosts file isn't read only (right click>properties>read only> uncheck).

Otherwise, use a different computer.

I saved my ssh before going to ios4.2.1.

i have already unchecked the box and it doesn't work i am in the process of creating a new hostfile, hoping it would work.

Advertisement