Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hrmm. Did you try run it under admin? Also, try restoring to stock firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Giblet wrote: »
    Hrmm. Did you try run it under admin? Also, try restoring to stock firmware.

I've already tried both.

When i tried restoring it to custom firmware it's stuck in a recovery loop.

when jailbreaking with greenposion for some reason it switches on after the first jailbreak step that's after dfu mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

guil wrote: »
    no he cant, its an iphone 4 and will probably **** up the phone if he tried to install the ipad bb

your getting confused with unlock and jailbreak, 4.2.1 is the firmware or version and 03.10.01 is the baseband or modem firmware
    jailbreak is dependant on firmware, unlock is dependant on baseband and nobody knows when or if it will get unlocked
    Ok so I can still jailbreak even if I am in that baseband since I am not looking to unlOck the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Did this on iPhone 3GS in the wee hours of last night. Seemed to work fine.
    Noticed the phone has dropped connection to my wifi a couple of times though not sure if that's a problem with my Internet/router at home or the jailbreak.
    Anyone else have that issue?

Will try the iPad later.

Has anyone tried this on iphone 3gs, an MC version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

hi, ive an iphone 3gs on 4.1, baseband 05.14.02
    its jailbroken, can i unlock it easily, and can anyone explain how to ?
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Ok so I can still jailbreak even if I am in that baseband since I am not looking to unlOck the phone?
    Yes. Just run greep0isin
    L5 wrote: »
    hi, ive an iphone 3gs on 4.1, baseband 05.14.02
    its jailbroken, can i unlock it easily, and can anyone explain how to ?
    thanks!
    The only way is to update to the iPad bb and then jb with greenp0isin
    Ya might have to update to 4.2.1 to use gp

i have jailbroken ios4.2.1 on bb05.15.04 sucessfully.
    it wasn't easy but it's done and dusted.

thumbs up to the d team and all those who made this possible.

in addition thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Folks, I'm braindead about this stuff so would appreciate if someone could answer the following.

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 version 4.2.1 (8C148) Modem Firmware 03.10.01 - is there an untethered jailbreak for this phone yet???!!!

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Folks, I'm braindead about this stuff so would appreciate if someone could answer the following.

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 version 4.2.1 (8C148) Modem Firmware 03.10.01 - is there an untethered jailbreak for this phone yet???!!!

Thanks in advance.
    Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I was using an app on my 3g it was to do with battery analyzer and it messed up my call settings and 3g so I went to restore.
    Its a 3g 16gig with 4.2.1 iOS and 6.15.00

I know you have to use custom firmwares but it not working for me.
    It not in the logo with the usb cable.I Do the regular restore get error obviously but that gives 1015 error.

So I use redsnow to try and restore it,I do with they say online but it never works.

I use the orginal firmware iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore with redsnow and just tick the dfu box and thats works.

Then Im supposed to use the custom firmware but everytime I click restore with the shift button pressed and open the custom ipsw,I get the error incorrect firmware.The file I use is iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Custom_Restore.Does anyone know what im doing wrong?

I was using an app on my 3g it was to do with battery analyzer and it messed up my call settings and 3g so I went to restore.
    Its a 3g 16gig with 4.2.1 iOS and 6.15.00

I know you have to use custom firmwares but it not working for me.
    It not in the logo with the usb cable.I Do the regular restore get error obviously but that gives 1015 error.

So I use redsnow to try and restore it,I do with they say online but it never works.

I use the orginal firmware iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore with redsnow and just tick the dfu box and thats works.

Then Im supposed to use the custom firmware but everytime I click restore with the shift button pressed and open the custom ipsw,I get the error incorrect firmware.The file I use is iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Custom_Restore.Does anyone know what im doing wrong?
    You're using the wrong IPSW. That IPSW is for a 3G, You need to download an IPSW with the name "iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore"

Sorry i edited my post,i am using a 3g phone.

Sorry i edited my post,i am using a 3g phone.
    You have to either build your own, or download a custom IPSW and restore to that.

Restoring to a stock IPSW is not possible if you have the iPad baseband installed.

Redsn0w is not needed then because you will already be jailbroken with the custom IPSW.

I got it working,I was just saving the custom IPSW instead of open with,got it restored and now im getting 0xEo8000065 error and computer doesnt pickup on the phone.

I got past that,uninstalled itunes and used a new usb cable,now,Im only getting 1 bar signal and no 3g,when I go to carrier it says not avaliable,Itried turning off 3g,and reset the network but still only one bar,Wi fi is working work.Any ideas

I got past that,uninstalled itunes and used a new usb cable,now,Im only getting 1 bar signal and no 3g,when I go to carrier it says not avaliable,Itried turning off 3g,and reset the network but still only one bar,Wi fi is working work.Any ideas
    Did u install ultrasn0w?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matsy1

Can anyone help, I JB my iphone with success using greenp0ison, but my nephews ipod4 did the jailbreak, rebooted with the new boot logo and everything but the Loader APP doesnt show up and I cant intall Cydia?? Please help, the little man is dying for his ipod back.

matsy1 wrote: »
    Can anyone help, I JB my iphone with success using greenp0ison, but my nephews ipod4 did the jailbreak, rebooted with the new boot logo and everything but the Loader APP doesnt show up and I cant intall Cydia?? Please help, the little man is dying for his ipod back.
    You can run the latest version of redsn0w over it, only selecting the "Install cydia" checkbox.

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Did u install ultrasn0w?

I found out that I could downgrade my 6.15 and used fuzzybox and it was sucessful,I then used ultrasn0w and i got my coverage back full bars but when I make a call it says call ended.The gps is working correctly now and the wifi works.I reset network settings and rebooted,toogled airplane mode and turned off 3g and I still cant make a call,its the only problem now I have.Anyone come across this before of have any ideas how to fix it?

• Advertisement

You can run the latest version of redsn0w over it, only selecting the "Install cydia" checkbox.

Thanks man, have you a link to that.. Seems to be alot, not sure which is the correct one.

Thanks man, have you a link to that.. Seems to be alot, not sure which is the correct one.
    This should do the trick :)

This should do the trick :)

Tried that but just says Page Not Found.. On any browser :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm on 4.2.1 unlocked with redsn0w with the tethered JB

Now that greenpois0n is finally here want to rejailbreak and untether.. but when i try and restore the phone to a fresh 4.2.1 the restore will fail every time at the "Verifying restore with apple" stage

any ideas?

Tried that but just says Page Not Found.. On any browser :(
    Do a google search for redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 mirrors

maximoose wrote: »
    I'm on 4.2.1 unlocked with redsn0w with the tethered JB

Now that greenpois0n is finally here want to rejailbreak and untether.. but when i try and restore the phone to a fresh 4.2.1 the restore will fail every time at the "Verifying restore with apple" stage

any ideas?
    Try putting iPhone into DFU mode and restore from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Just did my first ever jailbreak on my iPhone 4 using green poison on my Mac and it was very easy.

Thanks Guil for the help.

Do a google search for redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8 mirrors

Cant believe the Loader app didnt show up, kick in the teeth. Reds0w cant be downloaded for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »

When I download that and run redsn0w.exe.. It extracts/loads etc, then says Please select the corresponding IPSW for your CURRENT firmware. And gives me the option to Browse????

Advertisement