Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

well tred the green posion+redsnow jailbreak

sim still not working

mobile soulutions dont have unlock for baseband 03.10.01 yet

seller not getting in contact

guess i just learned a very expensive lesson

IPHONES ARE ****:D

hey

is there anything i can install on
    JAILBROKEN w greenpois0n+redsn0w iphone4 to make it at least reginise the o2 simcard:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys when will an unlock for 03.10.01 come out?

Guys when will an unlock for 03.10.01 come out?
    i think peops have been waiting since november so it shoudlt be that far off now i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

biggebruv wrote: »
    i think peops have been waiting since november so it shoudlt be that far off now i imagine

In fairness though thats what people thought in December/january.

It could be next week or it could never come out. @musclenerd said on twitter that it would be out after 4.2, then it came out and no unlock. He then said it would come out after 4.3 but nobody knows when that is coming out. 4.2.5 will more than likely come out before 4.3. I personally 4.3 will come out when the next iphone is announced which should be march.

Thats my own thought iv no evidence to support it

• Advertisement

And that's what bothers me I'm about to buy an iphone 4 with 03.10.01 firmware and there's no unlock. Imagine waiting from november for an unlock:eek:

should I buy it or not?

Imagine waiting from november for an unlock:eek:

I did :(
    Bought a phone locked to 3. I bought it for a fairly good price at the time but im kicking myself because i would have bought one much cheaper now. THats hindsight for you. Ill probably sell mine now though. Its been gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

And that's what bothers me I'm about to buy an iphone 4 with 03.10.01 firmware and there's no unlock. Imagine waiting from november for an unlock:eek:

should I buy it or not?
    all depends on what price your getting it for

Hogzy wrote: »
    I did :(
    Bought a phone locked to 3. I bought it for a fairly good price at the time but im kicking myself because i would have bought one much cheaper now. THats hindsight for you. Ill probably sell mine now though. Its been gathering dust.

I shouldn't be doing this but i will give you 350 that's what I'm getting the iphone for locked on that baseband.

I shouldn't be doing this but i will give you 350 that's what I'm getting the iphone for locked on that baseband.

You are getting an iphone 4 for 350? :eek: TAKE IT!!!!!

Mine is a 32gb phone. Would want minimum 550. Bought it for 600 unfortunatly :(

• Advertisement

Mine is a 32gb phone. Would want minimum 550. Bought it for 600 unfortunatly :([/QUOTE]

If you can wait any longer the right thing to do is to sell it because the value drops every week.

hopefully the unlock comes out soon, real soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Hi

Can someone help me. I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 baseband 02.10.04.
    Can i jailbreak it & unlock it? if so can someone show me in the right direction

Thanks

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

no to unlock yes to jailbreak use greenpoison

massy086 wrote: »
    no to unlock yes to jailbreak use greenpoison

limerain would be better if its on 4.1
    There is no guarantee that the unlock will work on the newer firmware because it updates the BB afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

finno wrote: »
    Hi

Can someone help me. I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 baseband 02.10.04.
    Can i jailbreak it & unlock it? if so can someone show me in the right direction

Thanks

yes you can
    http://www.iphone4forum.org/2011/01/limesn0w-unlock-ios-4-2-1-4-1-baseband-02-10-04-05-14-02-05-15-01-05-15-04-iphone-4-3gs-3g/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

no he cant unlock that baseband, if ya read the post in that link, he says he will post a link WHEN the unlock becomes availabel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Greenpois0n RC6 is out and it has an untethered jailbreak for the AppleTV under Windows.

anybody help us out with this

iv JB iphone4 - 4.2.1/BB 30.10.01
    JBed w green poison and redsn0w

only theres no service,carrier or network settings:confused:

in carrier and network it says not available

apple said phones on o2 network and the o2 sim aint working iv tried 2 diff o2 sims both the same

iv tried airplane on/off,resetting everything,reseting network setttings,turning on/off bunch of times

but it still doest do anything:confused:

anyone know if theres anything else i can try:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Looking for a bit of help here lads. I have a 3g that I unlocked and I installed the iPad software onto in order to unlock it. The phone was working but was very slow at times, almost unusable. I thought it might have been something I installed on the phone so I did a reset from the phones menu. All I have on the screen now is the apple logo and the phone wont boot up no matter what I do.
    Me thinks I fooked it up :o

Looking for a bit of help here lads. I have a 3g that I unlocked and I installed the iPad software onto in order to unlock it. The phone was working but was very slow at times, almost unusable. I thought it might have been something I installed on the phone so I did a reset from the phones menu. All I have on the screen now is the apple logo and the phone wont boot up no matter what I do.

i was reading something awhile ago about how
    if you install the ipad firmware theres noway to come back down from that your stuck with that
    BASEBAND ithink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

i was reading something awhile ago about how
    if you install the ipad firmware theres noway to come back down from that your stuck with that
    BASEBAND ithink

Hey biggebruv, Ye I know that but I was just trying to delete the contents of the phone not try to rest to the original firmware.

when ya use the erase all contents and settings, it can take a few minutes or a few hours depending on if the iphone/ipod has overwrite or hardware encryption
    unfortunately the 3g has overwrite so will take a few hours
    just leave it be for a day or so and it should show the plug into itunes logo if it hasnt gone dead

anybody help us out with this

iv JB iphone4 - 4.2.1/BB 30.10.01
    JBed w green poison and redsn0w

only theres no service,carrier or network settings:confused:

in carrier and network it says not available

apple said phones on o2 network and the o2 sim aint working iv tried 2 diff o2 sims both the same

iv tried airplane on/off,resetting everything,reseting network setttings,turning on/off bunch of times

but it still doest do anything:confused:

anyone know if theres anything else i can try:confused:
    if your looking for help with anything its best to describe it properly, ya cant jb with greenp0isin and redsn0w, its 1 or the other
    also the bb is 03.10.01

have ya verified with apple if its o2 irl or o2 uk cos like i said in your thread, it wont work if its from o2 uk

guil wrote: »
    if your looking for help with anything its best to describe it properly, ya cant jb with greenp0isin and redsn0w, its 1 or the other
    also the bb is 03.10.01

have ya verified with apple if its o2 irl or o2 uk cos like i said in your thread, it wont work if its from o2 uk

i JBed w green posi0n and i used redsn0w aswell
    how do you mean you cant use the two?

she said its o2 ire yes

you can jailbreak with redsnow and with greenpoison aswell.

when my iphones 3gs was stuck in dfu mode or recovery mode. i jailbroke it with redsnow then installed cydia then jailbroke again with greenposion to kick out of recovery mode.

there's is no unlock for baseband 03.10.01 at the moment but there should be one in a few weeks a week or two. I cant back this up.

i JBed w green posi0n and i used redsn0w aswell
    how do you mean you cant use the two?

she said its o2 ire yes
    yes but i mean ya cant use both tools at once, ie if ya used redsn0w last then thats the current jailbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Hey guys,

I jb'd my iPhone 4 with greenpois0n last week, installed SBSettings, five icon dock and some themes for winterboard. I've noticed that the battery life has been appalling since the jb so I checked the usage and noticed that my phone never goes into standby.

Is this a known issue? Or do I need to unselect something in Cydia?

try selecting a different theme

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Changed back to the original theme and it appears to still not go into standby mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Guys I wanna update my 3gs from 0s 4.0 to the latest which i think is 4.2. Is it as simple as updating the os from my itunes and the just going to jailbreakme and have cydia again. Im with meteor and have everything running (MMS, internet, carrier logo) working perfect.

Advertisement