Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Restricted Network

Your selected mobile network is restricted, you can choose another network in Settings.

This keeps coming up, does it mean its not gona work without unlocking? Im hoping not because I can sorta gather that its not possible to unlock an iphone with my firmware/baseband at the minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hogzy wrote: »
    It would work if you get it unlocked. Not possible at the moment. Make sure you get a GSM phone and not a CDMA phone

Hi Thanks for the reply...How do you get it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Hi Thanks for the reply...How do you get it unlocked?

Either buy it sim free from Apple (Apple US dont sell sim free) or get the network to unlock it. Currently there is no unlock for the latest Baseband

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

curry-muff wrote: »
    Restricted Network

Your selected mobile network is restricted, you can choose another network in Settings.

This keeps coming up, does it mean its not gona work without unlocking? Im hoping not because I can sorta gather that its not possible to unlock an iphone with my firmware/baseband at the minute :(
    is your phone a 3gs or iphone 4

massy086 wrote: »
    is your phone a 3gs or iphone 4

It doesnt specify on the back so I presumed its just an iphone 3g, do the 3gs not always have it printed on the back?

• Advertisement

do u have a compass on it if so 3gs and yes you can unlock it by using redsnow and putting an ipad baseband on it works great iv done a few now

do u have a compass on it if so 3gs and yes you can unlock it by using redsnow and putting an ipad baseband on it works great iv done a few now

Yeah Ive got a compass, but Im worried now that I can't use redsn0w now that I tried it the greenp0ison way.

I only tried the greenp0ison way because the redsn0w wasn't working, saying that I had an invalid firmware package even after using the specified one from iClarified.

well you need to have the right firmware were you using the 3gs firmware or 3g

Good point, Ill give it a bash running through with the 3gs tutorial again then, but will it conflict with greenp0ison?

no it wont just tick instal ipad baseband dont install cydia and then once the ipad base band is installed go to cyidia and install ultrasnow job done your unlocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads have an iphone 3gs and I'm on 3.1.3 with baseband 5.12.01, I wanted to update to 4.0.1 and I've downloaded a firmware from iclarified i've also backed up my SHSH's using latested version of Tiny Umbrella just wondering what the next steps is to upgrade to 4.0.1 is it simply to restore using the downloaded firmware? Any help appreciated

Thanks

Still giving this:

what are u using redsnow yes if so why have u itunnes open can u link ur guide your using

what are u using redsnow yes if so why have u itunnes open can u link ur guide your using

Im using this one, the one they recommend in the op:

Jailbreak Guide

have u not got a windows pc to try it on i know feck all about mac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

curry-muff wrote: »
    Im using this one, the one they recommend in the op:

Jailbreak Guide
    theres no need to restore it before running redsn0w
    why are worried about unlocking it if its o2 uk and ya wanna stay on that

have u not got a windows pc to try it on i know feck all about mac

I am on windows the guide is just a bit different, it is supposed to be a windows guide, only real differences are you press shift and restore instead of option and restore, and clicking open instead of Choose.

And the reason I want to unlock it is because its giving me the restricted network error for some reason and, I wouldnt mind being able to stick in my o2 Ireland simcard too.

then load up redsnow put in your firmware hit next just tick install ipad baseband dont go near itunnes

then load up redsnow put in your firmware hit next just tick install ipad baseband dont go near itunnes

That seems to be working so far, but now the baseband is at 06.15.00, is that unlockable?

• Advertisement

Damn it, Ive done all that and its still giving me the stupid your network is restricted message and doesn't bring up the Iphone is activated message that he gets in the video :(

Ultrasn0w is giving me a message 'ultrasn0w could not activate mobile data network'

Just doesn't wana work for me, thanks very much for all the help though I'll try to stop annoying you with stupid questions now.

Sorry for the double post and the countless stupid questions/posts over the last few pages but I'd just like to thank massy086, he went out of his way to help me and added me on msn to help me solve my problems and I finally got it up and running and even helped me pick out some useful apps for it.

So Yeah,

Thanks again massy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭alejandro1977

Just to add my experience, as I was a bit overwhelmed myself (and nervous) - because of all the options out there.

I had a 3GS locked to ATT - I hadn't upgraded so was still on 3.0.1 and firmware 04.26.08. I needed to unlock as I'm now abroad and wanted 4.1 for the newer apps. I was waiting as the iPhone Dev Blog advised against upgrading until the latest post.

Used the latest version of Pwnage and followed iClarified tutorial and all went smoothly. Probably should have put in Expert mode in order to bump up the partition size but didn't matter.

I wasn't sure about syncing afterwards but wanted my music and apps so I went ahead and it is all OK (so far...). It's untethered - I believe.

For other Noobs - first you Jailbreak then unlock via Cydia on the phone itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

has anyone tried using websites that provides unlock codes for iphones.

has anyone tried using websites that provides unlock codes for iphones.
    dont bother just burn ur money there all scam,s

i have an iphone 4 locked to ATT and i was thinking of paying a euro to some guys on ebay who provide unlock codes for ATT network.

i have an iphone 4 locked to ATT and i was thinking of paying a euro to some guys on ebay who provide unlock codes for ATT network.

the are using the same tools that are out there for free.

try the iPhone dev blog first - either it can be done or it can't - those guys getting paid are no smarter than the guys doing it for free.

What version / firmware do you have?

EDIT:: ATT don't, repeat don't, give out unlock codes - SCAM!

the are using the same tools that are out there for free.

try the iPhone dev blog first - either it can be done or it can't - those guys getting paid are no smarter than the guys doing it for free.

What version / firmware do you have?

The unlock code turns your iphone to be factory unlocked.

i'm on ios4.2.1 on bb 03.10.01.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

theres no unlocking codes for an iphone they dont use them, anywhere advertsing them are a scam

• Advertisement

The unlock code turns your iphone to be factory unlocked.

i'm on ios4.2.1 on bb 03.10.01.

I'm no expert. I was a legit ATT customer for long enough and when I called up to cancel my contract that was grand, I'm in good standing. However, still no unlock codes.

try the wizards here

http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone/index.php

to see what your options are

it's telling me there's no way to unlock your BaseBand yet :(

Advertisement