Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

guys, im not really sure about apple devices. ive a locked iphone 4 here (on the 3 network), and i want to unlock it. i believe it has to be tethered to a pc to keep it jailbroken (anyone clarify here?), which is inconvenient. is it possible to jailbreak/unlock it and undo the jailbreak, keepin it unlocked?

thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

what firmware is it on, anything above 4.0.1 and the chances are slim for unlock, ya can jb using greenp0isin and its untethered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I jailbroke my iphone 4 with greenposi0n and it's still not hactivated.
    there's no ATT sim in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

you can try changing the lock down file with ifunbox it worked for me on 3gs,s

how do i do so?
    would i need to write any codes?

• Advertisement

there is no sim inserted at all as i dont have a micro sim yet

ye thats fine just follow the instructions about ifunbox and it should activate it

worked like a charm.

ah happy days at least your getting closer to using it eh

• Advertisement

just got my hands on the iphone 4 there, but ive no micro sim. is there any way to get past the "no sim card installed, insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate the phone"

all i really want to do is check what version of iOS it has, and wether it can be unlocked?

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    just got my hands on the iphone 4 there, but ive no micro sim. is there any way to get past the "no sim card installed, insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate the phone"

all i really want to do is check what version of iOS it has, and wether it can be unlocked?

download tiny umbrella and it will tell you what firmware it has and its bb. or you can go to this link

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-different-sim-detected-emergency-mode-problem-in-iphone-4-3gs-3g-after-jailbreaking-with-jailbreakme/

and carry out step 6 - 8

thanks for that. i had to install itunes to get it to work. ok tinyumbrella says:

device model: MC603B/A (that means 16gb right?)

software version: 4.1

baseband: 02.10.04-ICE_2_8

so helpful boardsies, is it unlockable, and whats the best way to go about it without a microsim?

im sorry for my apple noobness.

thanks for that. i had to install itunes to get it to work. ok tinyumbrella says:

device model: MC603B/A (that means 16gb right?)

software version: 4.1

baseband: 02.10.04-ICE_2_8

so helpful boardsies, is it unlockable, and whats the best way to go about it without a microsim?

im sorry for my apple noobness.

no unlock as of yet

thanks massy. **** sake. how long untill we can expect an unlock?

thanks massy. **** sake. how long untill we can expect an unlock?
    how long is a peice of string what network is it locked to do you know

massy086 wrote: »
    how long is a peice of string what network is it locked to do you know
    3 network. aarg.

hmmm did u buy it new or second hand

its from a friend of mine, he got it up north but didnt like it after using it for 3 days, and was going to sell it for nothing, so i gave him a fair deal on it, thinking i could unlock it and sell it to fund a desire HD.

worth a bit less now that it cant be unlocked though. ah well.

check adverts.ie always people looking to swap desire hd,s for iphone 4 i nearly went for the desire hd myself nice phone but the iphone 4 won :D:D

• Advertisement

its from a friend of mine, he got it up north but didnt like it after using it for 3 days, and was going to sell it for nothing, so i gave him a fair deal on it, thinking i could unlock it and sell it to fund a desire HD.

worth a bit less now that it cant be unlocked though. ah well.
    its more than likely locked to three uk so check that before trying to sell it

guil wrote: »
    its more than likely locked to three uk so check that before trying to sell it
    **** you serious? ive a courier picking it up tomorrow to be delivered to buyer. aarg where could i get a 3 micro sim at this hour?

Any Idea the unlock will be out. My iPhone potential is not being used to the full.

**** you serious? ive a courier picking it up tomorrow to be delivered to buyer. aarg where could i get a 3 micro sim at this hour?
    if it was got off 3 in the north i'd say its very likely though someone might be able to confirm

guil wrote: »
    if it was got off 3 in the north i'd say its very likely though someone might be able to confirm
    ah panick over it was bought just south of the border. phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Jailbroke my 4 with Greenpoison rc6. Had to do it twice to work, but now YouTube videos won't play over 3G, wifi only. I get an error 'The movie format is not supported'. Any ideas guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Jailbroke my 4 with Greenpoison rc6. Had to do it twice to work, but now YouTube videos won't play over 3G, wifi only. I get an error 'The movie format is not supported'. Any ideas guys?

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 using Greenpoison RC5 a few weeks ago and it turns out I have the same YouTube issue when I just checked it now. Would like to know how many others have this issue and is there a fix for it?

push fix in cydia fixed the youtube error but dunno if its supported on 4.2.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

hi guys, just wondering about jailbreaking and unlocking an iphone 4.. I read throught this and i checked up on iclarified.com

It is on 4.2.1, so can it be jailbroken and unlocked? and if yes, what is the best software to use?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rachaeldempsey

hi.
    I am getting an Iphone 4 sent over to my home in Ireland from America, and I'm wondering does anyone know will it work if i get it unlocked/jailbroken?
    I've asked my local unlocking shop and they say if i get the 4.0.1 version this can be done. Im not really sure of the different series of versions if someone could explain these to me i would really appreciate it. thanks a million:)

Advertisement