Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Want to jailbreak my 3Gs, 4.2.1, baseband 05.15.04, anyone able to give me a walk through of what to do cause i have no idea, tried to download redsnow to patch the baseband to the ipads but link not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

ff any tips i should give buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Since the iPad is coming out on the 2nd of march I would live to think that ios4.3 will be out between 28/2/2011 - 2/3/2011. If that happens the unloak should be out at the latest the 10th of march.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i dont think they have an unlock and thats why they keep saying after xx firmware is out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Sheriff hassim just said a new exploit unlocks 03.10 and 05.14 bb. He's trying to make it work on 02.10 baseband. He said it'll be out atleast march 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I have an iphone 3gs running 4.01 software. Can a update to 4.1 (or whatever the latest is) safely, without bricking the phone?
    Its unlocked using limerain if that makes a difference!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a repost.

My IPhone 3GS is jailbroken (using Blackra1n). When battery dies (I just get a screen with the ITunes logo and USB connection) or I reset it I have to run Blackra1n to get it back working.

Is there any workaround for this?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Do you need an unlock or just a jailbreak? If you just need the jailbreak then you can jailbreak 4.2.1 using greenpois0n which is untethered (no need to plug it in if battery goes).

Just a jailbreak.

Thanks - I'll give greenpois0n a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Im picking up a new 3gs tomorrow, hasnt been synced with itunes yet, its locked to o2. How can i tell what baseband and software its running? Last thing i want to do is update it so it cant be unlocked by hooking it up to itunes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

go to settings and then about, software is version and baseband is modem version

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I didnt think I'd be able to do this without registering with itunes etc?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

guys, is the latest firmware unlockable yet?

i JB my cousins phone a few weeks ago using jailbreakme.com through the handset but recently the internet stopped working and there is no manual access to the "Mobile Data Network" settings to manually enter them.

it was working for a few weeks but just stopped all of a sudden?
    also in the settings tab, the notifications bar is missing?

Version 4.0.1 (8A306)

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    Do you need an unlock or just a jailbreak? If you just need the jailbreak then you can jailbreak 4.2.1 using greenpois0n which is untethered (no need to plug it in if battery goes).

Is it safe to Jailbreak with greenpois0n (IPhone 3GS has already been jailbroken with blackra1n)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Hey all, trying to unlock/ jailbreak my friends iPhone 3gs, I'm stuck on the emergency call screen and want to activate (dont have UK sim card), how do I hacktivate it? Using RedsnOw/greenpoison or LimeraIn? Running 4.2.1 on the new bootrom by the way.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

with 4.3 coming out on the 11th of march i presume there isnt any point in jailbreaking now until theres a jailbreak for 4.3?
    like i know you could do it but you'll just have to do it again on 4.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I suppose but they keep popping out firmware versions every few months now so a month or so from now you could be thinking why bother why 4.4 is coming out in 2 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

you could be thinking why bother why 4.4 is coming out in 2 weeks!

u talking about 4.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

I have jailbroken my ipod touch but would it be possible to move the apps ive downloaded onto an ipad thats not jailbroken?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Hi, quick question, quickly followed by a not so quick question.

Quick Q:

I have 2 x 2G iPhones. One runs fw 1.1.4 and the other 2.2.1. Both are unlocked / jailbroken.

Is it possible to upgrade both of these phones to the 4.x fw, keeping the unlock and jailbreak. If not 4.x, 3.x?

Long Q:
    How?

If I have to bury my head for a few days reading, so be it, I'm happy to do the homework. Alternatively if there's a Youtube video explaining, Click this, press that, etc, etc, that's cool too.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Was doing some reading there & found out about Whited00r (http://www.whited00r.com). Has anyone used this or is there a more tried and tested way.

Also if you have a jailbroken device with Installer/Cydia, are there any great repos that should be in everyone's directory?

Also there's loads of great apps in the appstore for free. Is there any way to get these? E.g twitter app etc. I am tired of browsing to the site and being told to install the app, but can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

hey. sorry if this seems like a dumb question i don't know these things.

i am waiting on my unlock codes from o2 for an iphone1 and an iphone4 so i can move to another carrier.

my phone is not jailbroken in anyway, nor am i bothered about jailbreaking it. just wanna move carriers.

i presume once i get the relevant codes, i can sync my phone like normal - to install music etc, i can download apps as normal and i can update the ios as normal? since i will have been given the official unlock codes for the two phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hdowney wrote: »
    hey. sorry if this seems like a dumb question i don't know these things.

i am waiting on my unlock codes from o2 for an iphone1 and an iphone4 so i can move to another carrier.

my phone is not jailbroken in anyway, nor am i bothered about jailbreaking it. just wanna move carriers.

i presume once i get the relevant codes, i can sync my phone like normal - to install music etc, i can download apps as normal and i can update the ios as normal? since i will have been given the official unlock codes for the two phones?
    once they give u the code,s have you had 160 credit in each since u bought them

both are billphones. had the 1since it came out and the 4since it came out.

they txtd the one today and told me speakeasy customers have to put 160 in before it can be unlocked and i hadn't. i rang and i was like eh? i have been a billpay customer since BEFORE i got my first iphone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hdowney wrote: »
    both are billphones. had the 1since it came out and the 4since it came out.

they txtd the one today and told me speakeasy customers have to put 160 in before it can be unlocked and i hadn't. i rang and i was like eh? i have been a billpay customer since BEFORE i got my first iphone!!!
    so are they going to unlock both

they said they were anyways. aparantly i'll get a txt in a couple days that theyr unlocked r something.

they'd better unlock both. my mam uses the old one and she wants to move too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I contacted them last Friday and got an email yesterday saying I had the wrong IMEI, try again... ughhhhhh

i can understand why they had a problem with one of my imeis.

i bought the iphone4 when it came out from them, then a month later the thing decided it just didn't wanna work nemore. so they told me to send it to apple. i did and apple sent me a brand new iphone. nobody mentioned that i had better register my new imei with o2. so obviously i hadn't.

now i had a thinky this morning. if the phone came from apple and o2 had no clue of the imei was the phone already unlocked? i have no way of checking as i don't know anyone with a micro sim from another provider

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

It's on 4.2.1 with 07.10.00 modem firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

its not even out yet

Advertisement