Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Thanks to freeze4real, I was able to put 4.3 custom firmware on,have Cydia and most of the stuff but no unlock. Is there a way to get an unlock or should I play the waiting game for a new release to come out?

There's no unlock at the moment. What's your Baseband.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

05.16.01. Am I up the creek? :( I activated the iphone with snowbreeze as well. Do I just have a glorified ipod touch now?

05.16.01. Am I up the creek? :( I activated the iphone with snowbreeze as well. Do I just have a glorified ipod touch now?

There's annunlock but for 3GS musclenerd wants to release an unlock for all. So yes you have a glorified iPod touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

is anyone having probelms with changing the lock screen?? i cant change it after jailbreaking with greenpoison 4.2.1! can anyone help its driving me nutz

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dikiedavis

Hi guys,
    I have an iPhone which I want to jailbreak and later unlock to accomodate other networks,jailbreak first !. The baseband is 05.13.04 and the version is 4.0.2 (8a400) which is the best way to jailbreak and if anyone could post a link it would be very much appreciated
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Hi All,

I have an IPhone 3GS which is unlocked and jailbroken (Purplera1n).

Problem is when battery dies and I power back on all I get is the ITunes logo screen. It's annoying each time I have to connect it up to the PC and run the jailbreak.

Is there a fix for this?

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Has anyone jailbreaked a iOS device on 4.3
    I'm aware there is a tethered jailbreak out but is this worth doing and safe or should I wait for the untethered version which is rumoured to be released next week
    Further to this iv I do the tethered jailbreak what do I do to get the untehered jailbreak when it's released
    (ipad1 4.3)

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

donal2000 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have an IPhone 3GS which is unlocked and jailbroken (Purplera1n).

Problem is when battery dies and I power back on all I get is the ITunes logo screen. It's annoying each time I have to connect it up to the PC and run the jailbreak.

Is there a fix for this?

Cheers :D

sounds to me like thats a tethered jailbreak?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXbusybeeXx

Just wondering if anyone can help...

myself and my boyf bought an Iphone 4 (4.2.1 on 03.10.01) while in new york i bought this being told it was unlocked but its locked to at&t neither apple or at&t will unlock the phone for us. Obviously we were waiting for the unlock to come out now its not looking likely this will happen.

But im desperate to unlock it does anyone think the like of these websites are worth a go or are dey all just a scam??

http://www.iphoneunlockersoftware.com/?lang=ir&gclid=CPLewIv3zqcCFUtC4QodRUg8CQ

http://www.unlockiphone4.org/

Just wondering if anyone can help...

myself and my boyf bought an Iphone 4 (4.2.1 on 03.10.01) while in new york i bought this being told it was unlocked but its locked to at&t neither apple or at&t will unlock the phone for us. Obviously we were waiting for the unlock to come out now its not looking likely this will happen.

But im desperate to unlock it does anyone think the like of these websites are worth a go or are dey all just a scam??

http://www.iphoneunlockersoftware.com/?lang=ir&gclid=CPLewIv3zqcCFUtC4QodRUg8CQ

http://www.unlockiphone4.org/

Its a scam I've an iPhone as well from AT&T and I'm stuck workman expensive iPod touch. If you can't wait I'll advise you to sell it on eBay. If the unlock isn't out in two weeks do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Hey guys. I am getting a gift of my dad's iPhone 3GS tomorrow as he is being upgraded to the iPhone 4. He is on Vodafone and has had the 3GS for 12 months so I assume it is locked to the network. I am on prepay on another network and wish to unlock the phone. I have no interest in it being jailbroken. If Vodafone won't voluntarily do this what is the best way of me going about getting the phone unlocked so that it will work on other networks and how much will it cost me?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liffordkeeper

Hi everyone,
    So basically, i've spent an hour reading all these responses. But i still have no idea what's going on.:( Sorry for being a massive pain. Basically i want to buy an iphone 4 and have meteor 'pay as you go' on it. All this technical stuff confused the hell out of me, so i thought just buying it on apple already unlocked would be best, but just checked the price, and €600 is just way too pricey! So, i need to just find out, is there an easy way to just buy 1 off ebay so i can use it with meteor, or buy a jailbroken one or what would be advisable. If it was illegally unlocked, does it have any negatives, and would meteor not support it. Basically I am major confused. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
    So basically, i've spent an hour reading all these responses. But i still have no idea what's going on.:( Sorry for being a massive pain. Basically i want to buy an iphone 4 and have meteor 'pay as you go' on it. All this technical stuff confused the hell out of me, so i thought just buying it on apple already unlocked would be best, but just checked the price, and €600 is just way too pricey! So, i need to just find out, is there an easy way to just buy 1 off ebay so i can use it with meteor, or buy a jailbroken one or what would be advisable. If it was illegally unlocked, does it have any negatives, and would meteor not support it. Basically I am major confused. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you were to buy an iPhone from eBay there's a HUGE possibility that's it's locked to AT&T and after the update to ios4.3 the unlock for it has t been released.
    Although you could buy an unlocked one there but there's no point as an unlocked one can sell for $700 - $800 which is arround €600 here.

I buy my iPhones from the states so I know this.

Speaking of unlocks will anybody be buying the GEVEY turbo sim ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lads, do any of you know how to unlock a 3GS, 4.3 firmware 05.16.01. is it even possible. Thanks

Has anyone jailbroke a iPad1 on 4.3? It keeps coming up as a iPhone4 on ibooty

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Lads, do any of you know how to unlock a 3GS, 4.3 firmware 05.16.01. is it even possible. Thanks

Having the same issue myself. Hoping an unlock is released soon. Gotta play the waiting game I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Having the same issue myself. Hoping an unlock is released soon. Gotta play the waiting game I guess.

Do you know if there's a way to downgrade the firmware/version?

There won't be a unlock......ever

Ultrasn0w fixer an unlock for iPhone 3GS comoing soon.
    It might be released tomorrow or sometimes this week.

http://bit.ly/hztV9n

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is it possible to update from the 06.15 BB version?

• Advertisement

Do you know if there's a way to downgrade the firmware/version?

Yes you can if your ssh blobs are saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Hey everybody first time jailbreaker here. I have my iphone 4 on version 4.3 and am currently using sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 to do a tethered jailbreak but when I go to build custom IPSW it seems to get stuck in "Checking for any old files". How do I get around this or what am I doing wrong?

These are the steps I'm following and it just gets stuck on step 5.

Ignore above post. Turned out it was my firewall :rolleyes:

So after I built the cutom IPSW and I go to restore my iphone I get error 1600. The first time I got error 37 but just needed to turn off my firewall to fix that, then I got error 21 and when I reinstalled the old firmware and put the phone into DFU mode again I'm now getting error 1600. Anybody else get this or know a fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

Ok i like an idiot updated my ios to 4.3 and baseband 04.10.01,
    looking around for two days and apparently ultrasn0w will not jailbreak/work with that base band?
    does anyone know any way i can ( so as to unlock the phone to use on meteor)

Thanks a million just being pretty cautious i guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Blerdiii wrote: »
    Ok i like an idiot updated my ios to 4.3 and baseband 04.10.01,
    looking around for two days and apparently ultrasn0w will not jailbreak/work with that base band?
    does anyone know any way i can ( so as to unlock the phone to use on meteor)

Thanks a million just being pretty cautious i guess :)

The only way to unlock that baseband at the moment is through the networks. The Gevey Sim doesnt unlock it and i doubt any of the unlocks in development will unlock it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

Hi guys, I'm hoping somebody might be able to give me a bit of advice here. I've been offered an iPhone 4 on upgrade and I'm interested in getting it (not bothered waiting for ip5 fwiw.) I'd be looking to jailbreak it and have read online of a jailbreak for 4.3 becoming available in the next week or two so my question is will I be able to jailbreak a new iphone or will there be a problem with bootloaders/bootroms or basebands or whatever they are called or should I be able to jailbreak handy enough? Won't be looking to unlock just an untethered jailbreak1

Any help is much appreciated

Hi breeno
    A untethered jailbreak should be released in the next 2 weeks and you should have no problems jailbreaking it if you follow the instructions correctly and a 4.3 jailbreak will work if it's on a iOS 4.3 firmware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

breeno wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm hoping somebody might be able to give me a bit of advice here. I've been offered an iPhone 4 on upgrade and I'm interested in getting it (not bothered waiting for ip5 fwiw.) I'd be looking to jailbreak it and have read online of a jailbreak for 4.3 becoming available in the next week or two so my question is will I be able to jailbreak a new iphone or will there be a problem with bootloaders/bootroms or basebands or whatever they are called or should I be able to jailbreak handy enough? Won't be looking to unlock just an untethered jailbreak1

Any help is much appreciated

WELL A NEW IP4 WILL SHIP WITH 4.1-4.2 SO NO WORYS THERE YOU CAN JAILBREAK 4.2 UNTETHERED NO PROBS

Advertisement