Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 all of the lights

i was wondering could anyone help? bought an iphone 3gs jailbroken phone but it wont connect to the internet unless it wireless? this is new to me so thers probly a settin i dont have on or sumting but any advice would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

I have a problem,I bought an iphone it ended up being blacklisted,it was ok as I was goign to another country and was going to use it there,it looks like I might not be going now.I tried the iphone with a 3 sim and the sms messages work but I cant recive or make any calls.I have upgraded to 4.2.1 and on the ipad bsaeband.Should it work with the 3 sim?

That's odd. If the texts are working I can't see why calls wouldn't.
    i was wondering could anyone help? bought an iphone 3gs jailbroken phone but it wont connect to the internet unless it wireless? this is new to me so thers probly a settin i dont have on or sumting but any advice would be appreciated

Under Settings > General > Network there's an option to enable 3G. Is this on? Also, obvious question, is your sim account set up with an inclusive data allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I have a problem,I bought an iphone it ended up being blacklisted,it was ok as I was goign to another country and was going to use it there,it looks like I might not be going now.I tried the iphone with a 3 sim and the sms messages work but I cant recive or make any calls.I have upgraded to 4.2.1 and on the ipad bsaeband.Should it work with the 3 sim?
    is the phone jailbroken, if so look for an app called iblacklist or mcall cleaner or something similir to that, sounds as if calls are barred through an app
    the apn is prob set wrong or not set at all, what network are ya tring to use it with, under network make sure enable data is on
    Trevor O wrote: »

Under Settings > General > Network there's an option to enable 3G. Is this on? Also, obvious question, is your sim account set up with an inclusive data allowance?
    having 3G disabled doesnt disable data, just the faster 3G radio

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

https://twitter.com/geohotus/status/52511996469452800

George 'geohot' hotz has posted a video regarding how to unlock a ip4 using gevey sim and no need to jailbreak, link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have a iPhone 3GS on 4.2.1 - it's unlocked and activated, so only need to do a jailbreak.

The first two sites I googled recommended two different applications - one recommended Greenpoison and the other recommended redsn0w.

Is the only difference that Greenpoison is on Mac and redsn0w is on Windows? Or is one a newer and more recommended method? I'm on Mac OS X by the way.

Ta lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I have sb settings and turn 3g on and off,it seems that I get coverage with it off but cant recive any calls ,I restored it to factory settings and downgraded the baseband and tried it again but same issue.I have now upgraded the baseband and the software to 4.2.1 and its still the same.I will try that iblacklist but i dont see how that will fix it.

Any one have any ideas about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I turned called id on and a few things like that and I got to make one call off it and now its back to its same old tricks,I get 4 bars and but when I make a call it doesnt connect and says called ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Basq wrote: »
    Have a iPhone 3GS on 4.2.1 - it's unlocked and activated, so only need to do a jailbreak.

The first two sites I googled recommended two different applications - one recommended Greenpoison and the other recommended redsn0w.

Is the only difference that Greenpoison is on Mac and redsn0w is on Windows? Or is one a newer and more recommended method? I'm on Mac OS X by the way.

Ta lads!
    use green poison if you can its a better jailbreak

massy086 wrote: »
    use green poison if you can its a better jailbreak
    Ta massy... I've a Mac so it's the logical solution alright.

Just on what I mentioned above..

.. my iPhone 3GS on 4.2.1 is brand-new.

Is there any problems in using Greenpois0n? I know it's untethered but it doesn't do any upgrading of baseband or anything like that.

I did read somewhere that I should restore to a fresh version of 4.2.1 instead of the factory version that came with it for some reason... but I can't find that link right now.

Also, greenpois0n RC6, Version 1 is the most up-to-date version right? As I accidentally downloaded greenpois0n RC5 and it wouldn't open on my Mac - it kept quitting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I've jailbroken my iPhone 4 using Greenpoison 4.2.1, however now i'm finding the phone very slow. I'm not sure if this is caused by having the likes of Tom Tom or Fifa 2011 installed on the phone, but I'm thinknig of removing the jailbreak and going straight and narrow again on 4.3.1.

Q1: has anybody else experience such slowness in a jailbreak? (opening biteSMS or JellySMS takes about 2 seconds, excluding the 2 seconds the folder takes to open).

Q2: Is removing the jailbreak as simple as just updating the software on iTunes? or will this brick my iPhone.

Many thanks in advance for any solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

I have sb settings and turn 3g on and off,it seems that I get coverage with it off but cant recive any calls ,I restored it to factory settings and downgraded the baseband and tried it again but same issue.I have now upgraded the baseband and the software to 4.2.1 and its still the same.I will try that iblacklist but i dont see how that will fix it.

Any one have any ideas about this?

Question, how did you downgrade the baseband?
    I've jailbroken my iPhone 4 using Greenpoison 4.2.1, however now i'm finding the phone very slow. I'm not sure if this is caused by having the likes of Tom Tom or Fifa 2011 installed on the phone, but I'm thinknig of removing the jailbreak and going straight and narrow again on 4.3.1.

Q1: has anybody else experience such slowness in a jailbreak? (opening biteSMS or JellySMS takes about 2 seconds, excluding the 2 seconds the folder takes to open).

Q2: Is removing the jailbreak as simple as just updating the software on iTunes? or will this brick my iPhone.

Many thanks in advance for any solutions.

The old 1st generation iPhone I had was very slow after I jailbroke and the current 3GS jailbroken iPhone I have is (according to a workmate) slightly slower than his non-jailbroken one.

If you have, for want of a better phrase, a legit iPhone, i.e. you got it from say O2 and you're using an O2 sim, then it should just be a case of doing a straight upgrade on iTunes. Obviously this will take away the unlock so make sure you are going to be using a sim that the phone is set up for.

But wait for one of the lads here to confirm in case I've made a mistake! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

If you have, for want of a better phrase, a legit iPhone, i.e. you got it from say O2 and you're using an O2 sim, then it should just be a case of doing a straight upgrade on iTunes. Obviously this will take away the unlock so make sure you are going to be using a sim that the phone is set up for.

But wait for one of the lads here to confirm in case I've made a mistake! :-)

Yep, O2 phone and O2 sim, just speed issues. Thanks for the reply, will hang on for expert advice too.

Edit: This worked a treat, now on 4.3.1 and much zippier! It's like having a new phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

afaik ya can dwngrade the baseband on some 3G's, fuzzyband does it

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

UPDATE::::

iOS 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak released this morning for all devices but ipad2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

UPDATE::::

iOS 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak released this morning for all devices but ipad2

Where can you download it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Duff wrote: »
    Where can you download it from?

http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow Sn0wbreeze
    Or theres Redsn0w - http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/04/redsn0w-0-9-6rc9-and-pwnagetool-4-3-untethered-ios-4-3-1-jailbreak-for-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-touch-released.html, Theres also PwnageTool in that guide but thats for Mac only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers, Got it through redsn0w there. But when I open Cydia it says '' This device is in the pending TSS queue '' What does this mean? I cant download any programmes (Installous etc) is this because of the above? Sorry this is my first Jailbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Are you able to get custom boot logos with iOS 4.3.1 jailbroken with sn0wbreeze 2.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Are you able to get custom boot logos with iOS 4.3.1 jailbroken with sn0wbreeze 2.5?

As far as I know, the custom boot logos are not available using @iOn1c's untether. That was just a bonus feature of Greenpoison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

hi what is the best jailbreak for a factory unlocked iphone 3g(4.2.1) Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Duff wrote: »
    Cheers, Got it through redsn0w there. But when I open Cydia it says '' This device is in the pending TSS queue '' What does this mean? I cant download any programmes (Installous etc) is this because of the above? Sorry this is my first Jailbreak.

Your wating approval on its server. It might take a while in busy periods like this

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

Hey guys,

So i've an unlocked 3GS running 4.0.1 and i'm on the 05.13.04 baseband.

What I want to know is, if i upgrade to firmware 4.3.1, will it also upgrade my baseband to a version which will not work with untrasn0w?
    Or will it be ok to upgrade and unlock?

Do custom firmwares not update the baseband??

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

What is going on with RedSn0w i've been trying to download it and it keeps telling me the page you requested is not available..i've tried from numerous different sites but always get the same message..any one else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Can I use redsnow on 4.3 with my iPhone 4 ?

Don't want to update tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

iPhone 3Gs 4.3.1 with 06.15.00 baseband, No Service after jailbreak & unlock.

Any solution?
    :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Hi all I updated to the 4.3.1 firmware through Itunes since then the phone has crashed on me which meant restoring it through itunes twice and it keeps needing to be plugged into itunes every few days,The phone is not jail broken it has a sim in it but it's not working i mainly use the phone over the wlan connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

iPhone 3Gs 4.3.1 with 06.15.00 baseband, No Service after jailbreak & unlock.

Any solution?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

guys i was going to sell my iphone 4 today. its on ios4.2.1 and jailbroken with greenposion.

so i acted stupidly by erasing all settings. now my iphone is stuck in recovery mod updates wont work.

I have tried everything what should i do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

I have an iphone 4 which was unlocked using ulstrasn0w.

All going well for months....but in the last day or two I'M getting no servce, or it will just so one small bar of signal - but no network name (so can't make calls).

I've tried reinstalling ultrasn0w but no joy.

Any ideas?

Advertisement