Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

guys i was going to sell my iphone 4 today. its on ios4.2.1 and jailbroken with greenposion.

so i acted stupidly by erasing all settings. now my iphone is stuck in recovery mod updates wont work.

I have tried everything what should i do.
    hold down the home and power button for 10-15 seconds and it will turn off, turn it on again with the power button and it should be out of recovery mode

if that wont work try using tinyumbrella to exit recovery mode

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

iPhone 3Gs 4.3.1 with 06.15.00 baseband, No Service after jailbreak & unlock.

Any solution?

:(

A friend just bought a second hand iPhone 4. Got it unlocked think it's on 4.2.1 jailbroken. Rang me saying when he puts the Meteor Micro sim in it says no service.

Similar problem to this. Anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

Try restoring to 4.3.1 and do it as a new phone then JB it again it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

donmaga1 wrote: »
    Try restoring to 4.3.1 and do it as a new phone then JB it again it should work.

I've a factory unlocked iPhone 4 myself so I'm a kittle rusty on the jailbreaking side of things. I know the untethered jailbreak was just released but didn't include a carrier unlock. Am I right in thinking there's a way of combining it with Ultrasn0w to unlock it. Last one I've used was blackra1n so I'm VERY rusty.

tel him theres an updated version of ultrasn0w available that might sort his problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Any one waiting for an unlock on an iphone 4 the gevey sim has gone cheap. I got one on ebay for 10e today.
    As some may know the catch is you'll have to ring 112 and you must not switch your phone off.

I've never turned mine off except during when its reboots so this is better than waiting for the unlock.

who else will be getting this as the software unlock in my opinion wont be out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Any one waiting for an unlock on an iphone 4 the gevey sim has gone cheap. I got one on ebay for 10e today.
    As some may know the catch is you'll have to ring 112 and you must not switch your phone off.

I've never turned mine off except during when its reboots so this is better than waiting for the unlock.

who else will be getting this as the software unlock in my opinion wont be out soon.

I dont mean to freak you out but the Gevey Sim people warned on their twitter that there are alot of fakes being sold on ebay. So just watch out. 10e seems VERY cheap.

Hogzy wrote: »
    I dont mean to freak you out but the Gevey Sim people warned on their twitter that there are alot of fakes being sold on ebay. So just watch out. 10e seems VERY cheap.

thanks for the heads up, i will be checking their feedback rates and comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I'll be leaving the country soon and have to get my phone unlocked. Going to do it officially through my carrier but my phone is jailbroken. I heard it unlocks when you plug it into iTunes but do I have to update the phone or anything to get it unlocked and then have to rejailbreak it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭pah

iPhone 3Gs 4.3.1 with 06.15.00 baseband, No Service after jailbreak & unlock.

Any solution?

:(

What software did you use to JB?

I used redsnow cos I don't need the phone unlocked.

If you needed a carrier unlock for your sim then on snow breeze you need to use the Baseband Preservation Mode.

If you used pwnage on Mac then I think ultraslow can be applied to unlock after.

• Advertisement

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I'll be leaving the country soon and have to get my phone unlocked. Going to do it officially through my carrier but my phone is jailbroken. I heard it unlocks when you plug it into iTunes but do I have to update the phone or anything to get it unlocked and then have to rejailbreak it?
    sync it with a different network sim card and it should pop up to say it's unlocked, that or do a restore, theres a way to restore to the same firmware if its an older one and ya saved SHSH blobs on cydia's server or your pc

guil wrote: »
    sync it with a different network sim card and it should pop up to say it's unlocked, that or do a restore, theres a way to restore to the same firmware if its an older one and ya saved SHSH blobs on cydia's server or your pc

Ah ok so it's not an update in that it won't unjailbreak my phone the way it would if the software was updated eg. to 4.3.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

any links to tutorials on jailbreaking ipad 2 on 4.3.1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭pah

any links to tutorials on jailbreaking ipad 2 on 4.3.1
    cant be done yet i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Ye So it would appear I live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lads, I could really do with some help. I have a 3gs 4.1 05.16.02
    I need to unlock this phone. Any help is really appreciated.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Hi

Has anyone tried to Jailbreak 4.3.2 yet. I presume Apple have tried some exploit lock with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Sorry moderator Tom Dunne,this thread is very informative but I was just wondering if it is possible at this stage to get an untethered jailbreak of an ipod touch with an up to date firmware iOS 4.3.2?
    Ta
    Selig:confused:

Need some help trying to download iOS 4.3.1 to a jailbroken version 4.0 to no avail?Any ideas,do I need to reset my ipod touch?:confused:

do ya mean you're trying to downgrade from 4.3.1 to 4, if so ya cant do it unless ya have shsh saved in cydia or on your pc
    download tinyumbrella to check, run it and connect the iphone click save my shsh and it will say if theres any shsh saved for xxx firmware

• Advertisement

No Guil I wish to upgrade my firmware from iOS 4 to iOS 4.3.1.At present my ipod touch is jailbroken but I'm unable to download some apps from installous as it states that I need an upgrade on my firmware.So I intend to get an untethered jailbreak done again after the upgrade if that's possible.I know it sounds crazy!:DAnyhow every time to try to download the upgrade in I tunes it times out,so slow.I can't understand why it is fails/times out.Is it something to do with the jailbreak?Will resetting it help?

prob not, have a look at iclarified.com they might have 4.3.1 to download and then just hold shift and click update in itunes

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

Hey folks, hoping to jailbreak my ip4 on 4.3.2

I'm waiting on an untethered jb but am wondering if this site looks legitimate or not? I'm thinking it's maybe not legit as there would be more news of it being released.

http://jailbreakmyidevice.free.bg/

Apologies if this is a known dodgy site or anything like that, I'm new to the jb scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

everytime i try and downlad anything via installous 4 i get the message invalid ipa -i used limerain originally and then cydia - never had this problem with the previous installous. any help or link to help would be much appreciated. iphone version 4.0.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Sligored wrote: »
    everytime i try and downlad anything via installous 4 i get the message invalid ipa -i used limerain originally and then cydia - never had this problem with the previous installous. any help or link to help would be much appreciated. iphone version 4.0.2

Do not discuss software piracy on boards. Please familiarise yourself with the forum charter: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055508159

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Hi everyone,
    Was trying to jailbreak my IPT 4.2.1 yesterday but kinda screwed it up and had to restore it to factory settings. I DLed the latest iTunes just yesterday, but to restore the iPod it says iTunes has to download 'iPod Software Update' which I presume means it'll restore the iPod to 4.3.2? Is there anyway I could just restore it to 4.2.1? Also downloading the 650MB file is nearly impossible as any blip in the WiFi whatsoever, or even if I leave the comp alone for half an hour and it goes to screensaver, the download just stops, and just restarts later on. Any ideas on any alternatives?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I tried jailbreaking three times using RedSnow. Even though RedSnow recognises the iOS 4.3.2 ipsw file and says it's installed Cydia when I jailbreak the iPhone keeps telling me ios 4.2.1 is installed. And when I start cydia it lists five or six sources that it says there's duplicates of. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Daraflats

Hi,

Can someone help?

My iphone 4 recently broke down and apple kindly gave me a new one (after i reinstalled original unlocked software so it was covered under warranty etc).

However the new phone now has baseband 04.10.01 and is there any possible way of unlocking this (way to downgrade baseband etc)? I have my shsh saved of my old iphone, and I have the new iphone jailbroken, but need it unlocked for meteor...

Thanks!

Daraflats wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone help?

My iphone 4 recently broke down and apple kindly gave me a new one (after i reinstalled original unlocked software so it was covered under warranty etc).

However the new phone now has baseband 04.10.01 and is there any possible way of unlocking this (way to downgrade baseband etc)? I have my shsh saved of my old iphone, and I have the new iphone jailbroken, but need it unlocked for meteor...

Thanks!

If you got the new iphone 4 directly from apple and didn't go through a carrier it should be unlocked for you already.

AFAIK 4.10.01 isn't unlocked on ultrasnow yet and tbh I wouldn't go down the dodgey route of gevey sims. If you have you're shsh blobs saved I think there's a way to go back but again I'm not sure here.

• Advertisement

Blacktie. wrote: »
    If you got the new iphone 4 directly from apple and didn't go through a carrier it should be unlocked for you already.

AFAIK 4.10.01 isn't unlocked on ultrasnow yet and tbh I wouldn't go down the dodgey route of gevey sims. If you have you're shsh blobs saved I think there's a way to go back but again I'm not sure here.

Why wouldn't you use the Gevey sim ?

Please don't bring thr issue about it bring illegal or something.

Advertisement