Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

right lads up the crapper decided to update my 3GS to 4.3.3, it was on 4.2.1 jailbreaked using greenpoison from a few months ago got it back to stock firmware 4.2.1 and used redsnow to get it to 4.3.3 everything seemed ok only issue was had to boot it using redsnow anywas was listening to music on it before going to bed, when i woke up this morning it seemed to be powered off am able to boot it to dfu mode but can't get out of it when i connect it to itunes it says iphone in restore mode but when i try to update to 4.3.4 i get a 1601 error, any ideas please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

right lads up the crapper decided to update my 3GS to 4.3.3, it was on 4.2.1 jailbreaked using greenpoison from a few months ago got it back to stock firmware 4.2.1 and used redsnow to get it to 4.3.3 everything seemed ok only issue was had to boot it using redsnow anywas was listening to music on it before going to bed, when i woke up this morning it seemed to be powered off am able to boot it to dfu mode but can't get out of it when i connect it to itunes it says iphone in restore mode but when i try to update to 4.3.4 i get a 1601 error, any ideas please?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73434610&postcount=2143

guil wrote: »

Thanks but it didn't work still black screen still nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭slingerz

Possibly a silly questions but if i get an iphone 4 sent over from the USA can i get it unlocked/jailbreaked in order to use my prepay Irish sim card as per usual.

What, if any, are the drawbacks of unlocking /jailbreaking the phone in this manner? Will i still be able to download apps, music etc?

Thanks but it didn't work still black screen still nothing :(
    Did ya update it to the iPad baseband by any chance. Afaik 1601 is the error iTunes gives for wrong baseband

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    Possibly a silly questions but if i get an iphone 4 sent over from the USA can i get it unlocked/jailbreaked in order to use my prepay Irish sim card as per usual.

What, if any, are the drawbacks of unlocking /jailbreaking the phone in this manner? Will i still be able to download apps, music etc?
    Ya won't be able to unlock it if the baseband is any higher than 01.59.00. Go to settings>general>about and scroll to modem firmware

It will work just the same as any iPhone

Did ya update it to the iPad baseband by any chance. Afaik 1601 is the error iTunes gives for wrong baseband

No I didn't I have my SHSH's backed up is there any way to use them?

download tinyumbrella and with the iphone connected click start tss server, ya will need to download a copy of whichever firmware you want to restore to, iclarified has all of them

go to itunes while the tss server is running and hold shift and click restore, itunes will ask you to find the ipsw ya just downloaded and then restore to that

you will prob have to follow what i said in the quoted post above to finish the restore

Ya won't be able to unlock it if the baseband is any higher than 01.59.00. Go to settings>general>about and scroll to modem firmware

It will work just the same as any iPhone

anyway i will know if the baseband is any higher than 01.59.00 without buying the phone?

What are the likelihood of it being higher than this and it being a waste of money for me if i cant unblock it?

are you buying it new or off someone, ask what firmware is on it, if it's any higher than 4.0.2 chance are the baseband is higher than 01.59.00

• Advertisement

download tinyumbrella and with the iphone connected click start tss server, ya will need to download a copy of whichever firmware you want to restore to, iclarified has all of them

go to itunes while the tss server is running and hold shift and click restore, itunes will ask you to find the ipsw ya just downloaded and then restore to that

you will prob have to follow what i said in the quoted post above to finish the restore

yeah i tried all that before and just get the 1601 error it seems to be preparing the iphone I can hear the usb disconnect but it never restarts, if I try and restore to 4.2.1 the screen goes white seems to be working but I get another error

Also if i use redsnow it gets to waiting for reboot and hangs, its like the iphone gets so fair but doesn't reboot.

apple introduced something in 4.3.3 that gives an error if you try to restore to any firmware other than the one they are signing, during any of them did ya get the connect to itunes screen after the phone restarted

from a quick google it seems 1601 requires you to uninstall itunes and any other apple service and then reinstall the latest version and the restore should work

are you buying it new or off someone, ask what firmware is on it, if it's any higher than 4.0.2 chance are the baseband is higher than 01.59.00

its new i would think. would all the new ones be higher than 4.0.2?

i'd say more than likely at this stage

is there any company in or around dublin who can recover my iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

what part of dublin are you i might be able to help

Lucan

im over in glasnevin if its any help to u

massy086 wrote: »
    im over in glasnevin if its any help to u

Just wonder what u can offer on this as I've basically downloaded most of the tools out there seems to be some corrupt firmware code that when either itunes or redsnow needs to reboot the iphone does not reboot, closest I've gotten to it rebooting is when using firmware 4.2.1 which the phone was at before I messed it up when I try and restore this firmware I get a Whitescreen this kind of darkens a little but still same result of not working.

Just wonder what u can offer on this as I've basically downloaded most of the tools out there seems to be some corrupt firmware code that when either itunes or redsnow needs to reboot the iphone does not reboot, closest I've gotten to it rebooting is when using firmware 4.2.1 which the phone was at before I messed it up when I try and restore this firmware I get a Whitescreen this kind of darkens a little but still same result of not working.
    oh trust me i have brought many an iphone back to life it just takes time and tricks pm me and we can swap numbers

• Advertisement

oh trust me i have brought many an iphone back to life it just takes time and tricks pm me and we can swap numbers

Lol well you'll be a miracle worker if u manage to bring this one back to life :) have u a mac by any chance as I don't so haven't used the pwnage package

yes i have access to a mac but i normaly use windows tbh

yes i have access to a mac but i normaly use windows tbh

pm sent thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Is there an add on for sbsettings to allow quick access for the select 'Carrier' option?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭touchwood

Folks, I've a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 4. Was on 3 now using on meteor. It's on modem firmware 01.59.00, version 4 I really want the sky go app but need to update the phone. But I'll be loved again to 3. Anyway around this? I'm not great with this sorta thing. A friend sorted it the last time for me. Cheers for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

touchwood wrote: »
    . ...But I'll be loved again to 3...

Apple's Auto correct; the sword we all fall by!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭touchwood

God damn it!!!!!!!!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

touchwood wrote: »
    God damn it!!!!!!!!!! :):)

You are not alone! Www.damnyouautocorrect.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Does anyone know of a way to downfrade baseband 04.10.01 on 4.3.2

Some kind of software unlock here I presume is done through Cydia: http://www.downgradeiphone.com/ but it costs 22 euros.

I presume this method is available free somewhere but I can only find options to pay

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of a way to downfrade baseband 04.10.01 on 4.3.2

Some kind of software unlock here I presume is done through Cydia: http://www.downgradeiphone.com/ but it costs 22 euros.

I presume this method is available free somewhere but I can only find options to pay
    thats a scam and it's not possible to downgrade baseband

Advertisement