Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

guil wrote: »
    thats a scam and it's not possible to downgrade baseband
    Did a bit of googling after my post and couldn't see anyone that had used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

open tiny umbrella and start the tss server, open itunes and hold shift and click restore, ya need to download 4.3.3 ipsw first so get it from iclarified

when it restores it will give an error 10xx that the iphone cant be restored and to try it again, go back to tiny umbrella and click on the iphone and click fix recovery

if that doesnt work put the iphone in DFU, hold the power and home button till the pc beeps and keep holding the home button till it beeps again

download http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/fixrecovery-win.zip and extract it, download http://www.mediafire.com/?2pj37i3y6251a2b and extract it to the same folder as the previous one

run fixrecovery43.exe and wait a few mins, the iphone will restart and then ya need to connect to itunes to activate it

I ran tiny umbrella with 4.3.3 ipsw and got an "error 20". I then tried to run fixrecovery43 and got this error.

fixrecovery43error.jpg

I think I will just wait till next JB is out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

massy086 wrote: »
    oh trust me i have brought many an iphone back to life it just takes time and tricks pm me and we can swap numbers

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Massy086 for bringing my iphone back from DFU Hell, highly recommended and will probably be back to him when my next attempt at a jailbreak goes wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

open tiny umbrella and start the tss server, open itunes and hold shift and click restore, ya need to download 4.3.3 ipsw first so get it from iclarified

when it restores it will give an error 10xx that the iphone cant be restored and to try it again, go back to tiny umbrella and click on the iphone and click fix recovery

if that doesnt work put the iphone in DFU, hold the power and home button till the pc beeps and keep holding the home button till it beeps again

download http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/fixrecovery-win.zip and extract it, download http://www.mediafire.com/?2pj37i3y6251a2b and extract it to the same folder as the previous one

run fixrecovery43.exe and wait a few mins, the iphone will restart and then ya need to connect to itunes to activate it

I ran tiny umbrella with 4.3.3 ipsw and got an "error 20". I then tried to run fixrecovery43 and got this error.

fixrecovery43error.jpg

I think I will just wait till next JB is out :(
    Ya need to extract both the files and then move the second file into the same folder as the first. Run the program again
    That's why it's giving that error

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

iPad 2 purchased recently 2nd hand. Previous owner restored and went to 4.3.5 in the process. No JB possible at present ( at least not for the iPad 2) The unit was purchased in march so I'm guessing that the original FW was prob 4.2.1 or close. Maybe the blobs were saved in Cydia. Question is "how do I check?"

Need JB :o

• Advertisement

Download tinyumbrella and run it with the iPad connected. Click save my shsh and if cydia has any it will tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

iPad 2 isn't compatible with PwnageTool anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

lordlame wrote: »
    doesnt work on ipad 2 4.3.1

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

doesnt work on ipad 2 4.3.1

My bad, read 4.3.3 - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

lordlame wrote: »

Boy, will jailbreaking ever get easier that this?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

just a question regarding unjailbreaking i'm on 4.1 and have downloaded a 4.1 file to use for when i want to 'restore' am i correct in saying that when i choose 'restore' in itunes i'v to hold down the alt button and that promts me to choose my own file ? do i need to do anything else ? i'm on a mac if that means anything

cheers

ya need to make sure ya have shsh blobs for the 4.1 firmware, to check download tiny umbrella, run it and with the iphone connected click save my shsh

it will tell you if cydia has a backup of the blobs, if it does and you want to restore start tinyumbrella and click start tss server, start itunes and hold the option key and click restore, point to the 4.1 ipsw and let it work away, it might give a 10xx error but just click ok and go back to tinyumbrella and click exit recovery

if that doesnt work ya might have to do it with the iphone on DFU, turn the phone off and hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, let go of the power button but hold the home button until itunes says the iphone is in recovery mode, the screen on the phone has to be blank or else it isnt in DFU

thanks for your quick and detailed answer guil, turns out cydia has my shsh saved for 4.1, 4.2 & 4.3.3 i guess i'll follow the rest of your instructions tomorrow thanks again guil

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I bought an Iphone 3gs on Ebay a few months ago. The phone was unlocked by the seller and he installed Cydia & Installious. The software on the phone is 4.1. The phone is working fine except when I connect to Itunes to activate it I get the following: "THE SIM CARD INSERTED IN THIS IPHONE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE SUPPORTED. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please etc etc....".
    The Seller told me when I bought the phone that it had been locked on the Orange network so I got hold of an Orange sim card but that made no difference.
    My question is how can I activate the phone.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

pbarr wrote: »
    I bought an Iphone 3gs on Ebay a few months ago. The phone was unlocked by the seller and he installed Cydia & Installious. The software on the phone is 4.1. The phone is working fine except when I connect to Itunes to activate it I get the following: "THE SIM CARD INSERTED IN THIS IPHONE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE SUPPORTED. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please etc etc....".
    The Seller told me when I bought the phone that it had been locked on the Orange network so I got hold of an Orange sim card but that made no difference.

Thanks!

Go into cydia and install ultrasn0w this may unlock the carrier depending on your modem firmware

Thanks!
    did you update it with itunes

again big thanks to 'guil' followed your instructions and restored the phone in less then 10mins so much easier then the last time i attmepted to restore a iphone

also to add to 'guil's' instructions this is a detailed step by step guide that i followed alosi which worked perfectly i got the 1004 error and just kicked it out of restore

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725672-how-using-tiny-umbrella-update-downgrade-restore.html

did you update it with itunes

I can't even get that far, as soon as I connect the phone and open up Itunes I get that message and can't go any further.

I can't even get that far, as soon as I connect the phone and open up Itunes I get that message and can't go any further.
    you could install the ipad baseband and unlock it, doing so might stop gps from working and ya wont be able to do a restore in itunes unless ya use a hacked ipsw

download redsn0w and follow the instructions, select install ipad baseband and install cydia, ya also need a copy of whatever firmware is on the phone so go to settings>general>about to find out, get the ipsw on iclarified.com

• Advertisement

Thanks Guil. I'm totally new to all this iphone stuff though anything to do with pcs I have no probs. I'm going to try what you suggest but if it doesn't work will I lose the unlock on the phone or leave it unusable.

Thanks Guil. I'm totally new to all this iphone stuff though anything to do with pcs I have no probs. I'm going to try what you suggest but if it doesn't work will I lose the unlock on the phone or leave it unusable.

it doesnt sound like its unlocked at the moment, if it was unlocked i'd say its done with ultrasn0w so updating with itunes will remove the unlock, what i suggested though wont remove any unlock

sorry i just re-read your first post again, download limera1n from limera1n.com and run it with the phone connected, it will hactivate it and then you can go to cydia and see if ultrasn0w in installed, start cydia tap manage and then packages scroll down to see is ultrasn0w there

if not tap manage and then sources, tap edit and then add, type repo666.ultrasn0w.com and then add, go to it in the list and tap it and then install ultrasn0w and restart the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

@guil. Thanks for the tiny umbrella tip guil. Unfortunately, there are no blobs saved on Sauriks server for my ipad. Guess im stuck with 4.3.5 until a JB is released. Bugger that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hey folks, I have an iPad on 4.3.1 and i want to update it to 4.3.5, When i went to update it today i get the message that the "Device isnt eligible for the requested build"

I tried restoring the ipad but i must restore and update at the same time so that wont work either.

Does anyone know how to fix the "Device isnt eligible for the requested build" issue?

restore it and it will get updated to whatever firmware apple are signing

@guil. Thanks I'll give that a go and see how I get on.:)

• Advertisement

Apologies fo the multiple posts above. Browser was frozen and I didn't realise it was posting each time I hit the post button.

Advertisement