Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

No I was restoring to 4.1 since this is the only SHSH I have. It should just work from tinyumbrella? I did try the fix recovery download and zlib etc just in case this would help but didnt work either.

Will Redsnow jailbreak 4.1? Might give this a go then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

redsnow rc18 will work on 4.1, i'm sure newer versions will aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Simple query,

my wife is coming to the end of her contract with o2 and wants to unlock the iPhone 4 she has to use on Vodafone. Can this be done? Does she now technically own the phone or does it remain the property of o2??

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

just tell her to ring o2 and request the unlock, should happen in 2-4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭zu

On my jailbroken and factory unlocked iphone 4 I was having battery life issues. I had tried all the usual like bluetooth, push, location, etc. This disdn't work. I needed to restore to the same version 4.3.3.

I have SHSH blobs on cydia and pc for 4.3.3

In iTunes, I tried shift restore to custom ipsw 4.3.3 having edited host file at the end by adding
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

However after going through all the motions,I keep getting error 1013 and device goes into recovery mode.

I've ended up putting 4.3.5 onto it and am trying to downgrade

I've tried running TSS server in Tiny Umbrella.

I've tried the above method - cannot avoid ending up in recovery mode and Tiny Umbrella won't fix it

Suggestions please

I have a phone backup. I want 4.3.3 for untethered jailbreak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

zu wrote: »
    On my jailbroken and factory unlocked iphone 4 I was having battery life issues. I had tried all the usual like bluetooth, push, location, etc. This disdn't work. I needed to restore to the same version 4.3.3.

I have SHSH blobs on cydia and pc for 4.3.3

In iTunes, I tried shift restore to custom ipsw 4.3.3 having edited host file at the end by adding
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

However after going through all the motions,I keep getting error 1013 and device goes into recovery mode.

I've ended up putting 4.3.5 onto it and am trying to downgrade

I've tried running TSS server in Tiny Umbrella.

I've tried the above method - cannot avoid ending up in recovery mode and Tiny Umbrella won't fix it

Suggestions please

I have a phone backup. I want 4.3.3 for untethered jailbreak
    You could give this a go: http://www.ipad2iphone5.com/how-to-fix-error-1013-1064-and-3194-when-downgrading-4-3-3

Haven't tried it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭zu

bad link

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

Got an iPhone 4, 4.3.3 yesterday and I was pretty happy. I then jailbroke it with jailbreakme and now it randomly turns off every hour or so. It only seemed to happen after I installed some apps after it was jailbroken.

Tried a restore from back up but restores it jailbroken and doesnt resolve.

I downloaded 4.3.3 software and tried to restore with that but did not allow right after the extract part. I cold not find 4.3.3 ipsw in the normal folders.

I take it there is no untethered jailbreak available for 4.3.5?

Would appreciate some help, what is my best option with minimum risk of bricking(if there is any)? Anyone else experience the same?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

Hi,

I have bought a gevey sim but can not get my iphone 4 to register the sim with an o2 sim card in.

It works fine with a vodafone but ever time I insert the o2 sim I get an error no sim..

I have turned off 3g and network data,
    I have turned the lock button as soon as the phone comes on but still an error comes up saying no sim card installed.....

The phone is locked to vodafone and I want it to work with o2.

Has any one had the same problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

Finally got my jailbreak working, thanks for all your help, but now I want to unlock. Looks like my modem firmware is 05.16.02 (Did iTunes update this too when I updated to 4.3.5?). I am now running iOS 4.1 on 3Gs and am wondering what is best way to approach this? Do I have to upgrade to iPad baseband 6.x, what is best way of doing this and are there any drawbacks (GPS affected?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Bomberman wrote: »
    Hi,

I have bought a gevey sim but can not get my iphone 4 to register the sim with an o2 sim card in.

It works fine with a vodafone but ever time I insert the o2 sim I get an error no sim..

Has any one had the same problem??

Start the whole process over again, sometimes you need to toggle airplane mode on and off a few times. Try it 3 or 4 times then wait about 30/40 seconds and it should start searching and then hook up with 02

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I have jailbroken 4.0.1, wants to upgrade to 4.3. Am I right in saying that I can then jailbreak again through redsnow? Its a 3gs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

zu wrote: »
    bad link
    Still works for me. Might be your browser or service provider blocking the site

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

ok so i had an iphone 3GS on 3.1.3. was trying to update to 4.3.3 with sn0breeze2.7. everything was going fine until the very end when i got "error 37". now the phone is stuck in DFU mode (not recovery) tried to kick it out with tiny umbrella but thats not working... anyone got any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

DYLF wrote: »
    ok so i had an iphone 3GS on 3.1.3. was trying to update to 4.3.3 with sn0breeze2.7. everything was going fine until the very end when i got "error 37". now the phone is stuck in DFU mode (not recovery) tried to kick it out with tiny umbrella but thats not working... anyone got any other ideas?

hello guys I also have an iphone 3gs on 3.1.3 how do I update it to ios4.3.3.

I tried restoring with custom firmware from snowbreeze but it says firmware is not compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭DKILLER12

^im not actually sure if you can.. you might get error 1015 (happend to me and thats why im here)^

hi all. ive got a 3gs and it seems to be stuck in recovery mode and ive tried everything to get it out but nothing works.. i think that the jailbreak that was on it before i tried to update was a theterd. could that be why i cant get it out of recovery mode? anybody please help as i need my phone and its a pain in the a**.. (btw iv tried: greenp0ision, ireb, fixrecovery 43, blackrain, and ive even tried to restore it to custom firmware) can anybody please help!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

guys how can i update my 3gs from ios3.1.3 to ios4.3.5 wihout updating baseband.

snowbreeze is not working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭moggser

quick one lads as ive not messed with a iphone in a while is the iphone 4 on 4.2.1 with a baseband of 03.10.01 unlockable at all if there is a way will some one fire me a link please and thanks

EDIT i just jailbroke it with greenposion and i went through the ultrasn0w way of unlocking it but it didnt seem to do the trick at all any idea's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

moggser wrote: »
    quick one lads as ive not messed with a iphone in a while is the iphone 4 on 4.2.1 with a baseband of 03.10.01 unlockable at all if there is a way will some one fire me a link please and thanks

EDIT i just jailbroke it with greenposion and i went through the ultrasn0w way of unlocking it but it didnt seem to do the trick at all any idea's

did you install ultrasnow from cyidia

Yeah I did... Now I'm wondering if the other micro sim I have
    Is activated just says no service at the min

Will try a mates micro in it I'm the mornin

• Advertisement

Yeah I did... Now I'm wondering if the other micro sim I have
    Is activated just says no service at the min

Will try a mates micro in it I'm the mornin

just seen it now sorry its a iph4 its not unlock able on that baseband

Ok seen as its jail broke now and I have blobs
    Saved can I cook a 4.3.3 and lamp it on there
    But how will it be jailbroke and unlocked then

Ok seen as its jail broke now and I have blobs
    Saved can I cook a 4.3.3 and lamp it on there
    But how will it be jailbroke and unlocked then

what baseband is the phone on right now

It's on 03.10.01

It's on 03.10.01

ye your out of luck you can,t software unlock and you can not downgrade the baseband your only hope is a gevey sim

Can it not be brought up a notch and then sorted??
    Gevey sims ain't worth the paper they printed on

Can it not be brought up a notch and then sorted??
    Gevey sims ain't worth the paper they printed on
    no way to unlock .i have used the gevey sims and had no probs with them at all but each to there own

How much are gevey sims and where are the gotten
    Reliably

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Quick question, have an iphone that I need to jailbreak.
    It's on 4.1 is the only options limera1n and Green poison ?
    Will this wipe the phone doing this ? I can do a backup but not mad on losing emails, I know a/c info is saved tho.

What's untethered ? Doesn't it always have to be hooked up to the pc to jailbreak ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I have an Iphone 3gs which ha frozen on me. I was uninstalling some apps when it happened. The phone is unlocked and jailbroken and now when I switch it on I cannot get in to any apps or even the settings or the icons wont even scroll and it just freezes. I have to hold the home and power together to restart it then it just freezes again and that keeps happening over and over. It looks like there might be some file or app corrupted. I hooked it up to Itunes hoping to restore it from a previous backup but the phone synced straight away so now when I restore it I am only probably restoring a corrupted backup. If I click the restore button I have to accept a software update 4.3.5 which I am told will lock the phone again.
    Is this the only option I have or is there some other way to fix the phone.

Advertisement