Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

They sign 4.1 and 4.3.5. Look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'll take your word for it so, it's strange that they still sign 4.1 and no others, any idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

No very strange since it allows any 3gs to be unlocked. Saved me a fair bit of bother though!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Has anyone managed to get a gevey sim working with a meteor micro sim card? I was on vodafone using the gevey no problems but i changed to meteor today and it wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

coach22 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get a gevey sim working with a meteor micro sim card? I was on vodafone using the gevey no problems but i changed to meteor today and it wont work.
    I have used 5 of them no probs

• Advertisement

what sort of gevey sim did you use? i have the one that came in a yellow pack...gevey supreme i think its called. worked perfect with vodafone but i dont even get the welcome screen when i try use the meteor sim. wouldnt mind but i changed to meteor bill pay as well so hope im not stuck with paying for something i cant even use

what sort of gevey sim did you use? i have the one that came in a yellow pack...gevey supreme i think its called. worked perfect with vodafone but i dont even get the welcome screen when i try use the meteor sim. wouldnt mind but i changed to meteor bill pay as well so hope im not stuck with paying for something i cant even use
    The one,s I used are a red packet pm me if you need 1 and ur in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Just wondering has anyone used this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeyno34O84A&feature=pyv&ad=7850705697&kw=jailbreak%20iphone%203g

They claim to be able unlock ios 4.3.5

pbarr wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone used this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeyno34O84A&feature=pyv&ad=7850705697&kw=jailbreak%20iphone%203g

They claim to be able unlock ios 4.3.5
    Ha ha looks like there just using ulyrasnow from cyidia wonder how much there trying to charge for a free software also I notice there not trying to unlock an ip4 just a 3G/gs

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Two questions for an unlock noob.

What do you mean when you say Apple still sign for 4.1

What's a Gevey sim

• Advertisement

Okay so yesterday I was having issues using the gevey sim with meteor and I noticed another user was having the same troubles a few pages back so I thought id let people know how I solved the issue incase they have the same problems.

I had to put the meteor sim into the iphone without the gevey sim first. Power it on and switch off the sim pin in settings. Next switch off the iphone put in the gevey and meteor sim and it should work then. The main problem i was having before was "sim locked" kept appearing on the phone before it would even get a chance to display the gevey instuctions. Also when i put in the correct pin it didnt seem to do anything. Anyway hopefully this can help someone out. I now have the iphone 4 on a €20 month bill pay smart contract with meteor. Happy Days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

A gevey sim is a little microchip on a sim-holder which you slip into the sim slot on the iphone WITH your own microsim.

It unlocks basebandson iphones which are already jailbroken.

You can get them on ebay for peanuts. These ones are clones from china etc. 99% of users say the clones are no different from the originals. But some users -like me using meteor - have problems geting them to work.

To get the gevey to work you need to ring 112, swithch on/off airplane mode in a precise order with precise timing - all of this can be gotten online quickly

Good luck!

Okay so yesterday I was having issues using the gevey sim with meteor and I noticed another user was having the same troubles a few pages back so I thought id let people know how I solved the issue incase they have the same problems.

I had to put the meteor sim into the iphone without the gevey sim first. Power it on and switch off the sim pin in settings. Next switch off the iphone put in the gevey and meteor sim and it should work then. The main problem i was having before was "sim locked" kept appearing on the phone before it would even get a chance to display the gevey instuctions. Also when i put in the correct pin it didnt seem to do anything. Anyway hopefully this can help someone out. I now have the iphone 4 on a €20 month bill pay smart contract with meteor. Happy Days!

I have removed my sim pin as you did, but still no luck with my gevey on meteor :(

I got a brand new microsim from meteor instead of 'cut' meteor sim. I thought that would help but no :(

I've tried about 100 different combo's of timing re the 112 call, airplane on/off etc but again no luck

Im thinking now that it might be my gevey. Where did you buy yours from?

Btw coach - what did you use to unlock your iphone with?
    And what os/baseband do you have?

Im running 4.3.3 with baseband 4.10.01 unlocked with jailbreakme.com

Maybe ultrasnow might do a better job unlocking and might help the gevey??

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Btw coach - what did you use to unlock your iphone with?
    And what os/baseband do you have?

Im running 4.3.3 with baseband 4.10.01 unlocked with jailbreakme.com

Maybe ultrasnow might do a better job unlocking and might help the gevey??
    Yeah I used ultrasnow to do the unlock allright. My phone is 4.3.3. with baseband 4.10.01. The one other thing i used was an app i got on cydia called SAM. I dont no too much about this to be honest but I know youtube videos and facetime did not work when i first used the gevey with vodafone and this seemed to fix it.

I bought my gevey on ebay. It came in a yellow package. Gevey Supreme its called. To be honest the timing of making the calls isnt important with mine anyway. The most important thing for me was getting the instruction page where you press accept. Once i got this it worked. I wasnt getting that screen before i switched off the pin.

Once i get 1 bar of signal i call 112 and hang up after a second or 2. Then i switch on airplane mode. After maybe 10 or 15 seconds i get a message on screen saying no sim card installed. i press okay, switch off airplane mode and then a few seconds later meteor appears and the phone is unlocked.

I found this video to be good on using the gevey i have anyway.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kXxlpgDGf4.

Mine was only a €5 sent from china. Id say its worth a shot to try a new gevey in it

I watched the vid and 2 things came from it

1 - i previously hadnt restarted my iphone afterdoing all the gevey steps
    - i just redid all the gevey steps as per the video AND restarted the phone. Every restart was met with the gevey welcome 'accept' message screen. And no reception

2 - My gevey is the plus version in a red wrapper. His one is the supreme in a yellow wrapper. I'll order that and try it...

Thanks!

I watched the vid and 2 things came from it

1 - i previously hadnt restarted my iphone afterdoing all the gevey steps
    - i just redid all the gevey steps as per the video AND restarted the phone. Every restart was met with the gevey welcome 'accept' message screen. And no reception

2 - My gevey is the plus version in a red wrapper. His one is the supreme in a yellow wrapper. I'll order that and try it...

Thanks!

Yeah to be honest mine hardly ever remembers the network when i switch it off. everytime i switch it on i have to do the 112 thing but its no big deal. There must be something wrong with your gevey id say. ive heard of faulty ones before. At least u know the yellow one works with meteor now. hopefully you get sorted man! the only problem now is when ios5 comes out the geveys wont work! anyway best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Hi guys

Just got an iPhone 4 from a mate who wants me to Jailbreak it for him. Only thing is, it's 4.3.5 and fw 04.10.01

I used redsn0w to Jailbreak it with 4.3.4 fw as it says here. It goes through the whole process ok but only puts a blank cydia icon on screen.

Any suggestions please? He doesn't want to unlock it just jailbreak it.

Thanks

AntiRip wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just got an iPhone 4 from a mate who wants me to Jailbreak it for him. Only thing is, it's 4.3.5 and fw 04.10.01

I used redsn0w to Jailbreak it with 4.3.4 fw as it says here. It goes through the whole process ok but only puts a blank cydia icon on screen.

Any suggestions please? He doesn't want to unlock it just jailbreak it.

Thanks
    Jailbreakme.com

Jailbreakme.com

Doesn't work with 4.3.5. Only a tethered jailbreak

• Advertisement

Ok sorted. I had to run redsn0w again and uncheck “Install Cydia” and select “Just boot tethered right now”. Worked:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

I am on billpay with meteor...

if i buy an unlocked and jailbroken iphone from a friend.. will this affect my abiilty to use the internet on my data plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

hey folks, quick question. Im operating off 4.0.1 jailbroken 3GS. I need to upgrade to 4.2 so I can use Sky go app. Any suggestions on how I go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi all

ive tried lots and read a lot but im stumped

so i got an iphone4 and needed to unlock but I upgraded it to BB 4.10.01 by mistake and knew nothing about blobs & tinyumbrella until it was too late....

so i bought a gevey ultra and tried it today
    it didnt work and ended up dumping the phone into recovery mode
    i have tried shift restore from dfu mode and a 4.3.3 ispw i have saved
    but am getting error 1013, i tried a redsnow 4.1 ispw that i made before

i have also tried the hosts "fix" but to no avail
    so now im in recovery loop (TU wont fix it)
    and my gevey hasnt worked

if i do a regular restore will the gevey still work
    or do the newer os and basebands reject the gevey

any tips welcome

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

guys cydia wont load after jailbreak.

i am using ipad bseband on ios4.2.1 on iphone 3gs.

if i were to update thru itunes what happens to ipad baseband.

guys cydia wont load after jailbreak.

i am using ipad bseband on ios4.2.1 on iphone 3gs.

if i were to update thru itunes what happens to ipad baseband.

you can only restore the phone with a custom firmware n in iTunes any normal apple firmware will kick back a iTunes error

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

i just fixed it with greenpoison.

ty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Is there anyway to extract the SHSH blobs on a jailbroken iPhone with 4.3.5 firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

use tinyumbrella to do it but bear in mind it will prob only save them for 4.3.5 and possibly 4.1

• Advertisement

Well i got the yellow gevey. Gevey supreme i think it is.
    Still will not unlock my shagging iphone :(

I think i might redo the jailbreak using ultrasnow this time maybe...
    Anyone any advice?

Advertisement