Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I can see this go tits up on me, been waiting weeks for the phone and got the €15 per month deal of Meteor been using a 10 year old sony k610 since..:eek:

feeditout wrote: »
    Only true if your jailbreaking. Whatever baseband you have apple can unlock it.

Yes that is true. I never think of the official Apple method as many people can't avail of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 feeditout

bryaner wrote: »
    If you log into there website to which the phone is locked to, you can request an unlock code via the network carrier ( Vodafone, 02) from apple. If the request is successful and you get conformation you'll unlock the iPhone through iTunes. I factory unlocked my iPhone 4 about 2 weeks ago through 02.

Thanks only problem is its not my phone..

Doesn't matter if it's not your phone. You use the iPhones imei number to request unlock code

• Registered Users Posts: 33 feeditout

If you log into there website to which the phone is locked to, you can request an unlock code via the network carrier ( Vodafone, 02) from apple. If the request is successful and you get conformation you'll unlock the iPhone through iTunes. I factory unlocked my iPhone 4 about 2 weeks ago through 02.

Thanks only problem is its not my phone..

Doesn't matter if it's not your phone. You use the iPhones imei number to request unlock code

Here 02's link for iPhone unlock form:
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/article.php?aid=55730#NUC

Cheers I'll hope for the best so, the phone is full legit just that its a friends of a friends of a friends, and I'd hate to have to ring one to ring the other etc etc.

I've been pissing him off the last weeks to get the phone, but the other lad was waiting on an upgrade to a 4s..

• Advertisement

Here 02's link for iPhone unlock form:
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/article.php?aid=55730#NUC

Thanks will they not need his phone number too?

Sorry for the silly bugger questions..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

o2 won't request an unlock from apple unless the original owner applies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Can anyone tell me whats going on with this phone im trying to unlock.

Its iphone 4, on 4.3.3, BB 04.10. I know I cant unlock with that BB, but im trying to flash the BB to 06.15. All the IPSW's and redsnow's ive downloaded wont work. Eithier it wont reconise the IPSW or the option to install ipad baseband doesnt appear.

Any Idea's?

you can't install the ipad baseband on iphone 4 and could of ****ed it up if it got to flash the baseband

Well I got the phone today and it is indeed locked, how do I get in to see what firmware its on all I can seem to get is the imei

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Wonder if its legit?

Musclenerd tweeted this video today so i would assume it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Darksaga87 wrote: »

Its iphone 4, on 4.3.3, BB 04.10. I know I cant unlock with that BB, but im trying to flash the BB to 06.15. All the IPSW's and redsnow's ive downloaded wont work. Eithier it wont reconise the IPSW or the option to install ipad baseband doesnt appear.

Any Idea's?
    Did you try a gevey unlock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Darksaga87 wrote: »

Any Idea's?
    Did you try a gevey unlock?

Right folks got this thing going on a o2 sim, its on 04.10.01 firmware can I go anywhere from here?

only way to unlock it is ask o2 or use a gevey sim

guil wrote: »

Cheers I know the ex owner so maybe he can do it for me, I just hoped I could manage it without seeking his assistance..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

When getting a phone unlocked officially by the network, can you give them any imei? I ask because I've an iPhone locked to 3 (and for reasons too complicated to explain I can't get it unlocked myself by 3), a friend of mine is also on 3 and has recently finished a contract period. Could he ring 3, give them my iPhone imei and ask to get it unlocked?

Cheers I know the ex owner so maybe he can do it for me, I just hoped I could manage it without seeking his assistance..:(
    if you have the number he had when he purchased it originally i'm sure you could complete the online form to request the unlock, o2 will text him saying they have requested he unlock and then again when the unlock is ready
    Dave6195 wrote: »
    When getting a phone unlocked officially by the network, can you give them any imei? I ask because I've an iPhone locked to 3 (and for reasons too complicated to explain I can't get it unlocked myself by 3), a friend of mine is also on 3 and has recently finished a contract period. Could he ring 3, give them my iPhone imei and ask to get it unlocked?
    they might not do it because that imei wouldnt be registered to him

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anyone successfully jailbroken 501 yet? I couldn't get it to work even tethered.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Anyone successfully jailbroken 501 yet? I couldn't get it to work even tethered.

I'm trying this later, I'll let you know! :)

Karsini wrote: »
    I'm trying this later, I'll let you know! :)
    what jailbreak are you trying, if it's pod2g's it only works on an ipod 3g at the moment

I just did it tethered with redsn0w but it doesn't recognise the 5.0.1 IPSW so you need to use the 5.0 IPSW instead.

Yeah redsn0w 0.9.9b8 on ip4 5.0.1 crashed on me a few times, rebooted pc and it seemed to work after that (used 5.0 ispw). Had to manually restore phone a couple times too inbetween.
    Got a few unrecognised build and other odd errors.

Until I tried to update Cydia, then reboot and stuck on apple logo forever.

Not a straightforward break this, at least not for me. I'd advice people to hold off until the untethered has arrived and been used a while.

Had to restore phone so I could use it, will perhaps give it another shot tomorrow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Right folks got this thing going on a o2 sim, its on 04.10.01 firmware can I go anywhere from here?
    guil wrote: »

I haven't tried your method from your last post towards me yet to try.
    The iphone I have has that baseband I was under the impression that it could be unlocked. anyway three has submitted my unlock request to apple for me(I am relying on it - phone is for a present) but I'd also lik untetheted jailbreak too, the gf likes the jailbreak features. if/when the unlock comes through will I be able to update the phone to unlock without upgrading to ios5?

4.3.3 is the latest firmware that is untethered but there should be one soon for 5/5.0.1

Yeah redsn0w 0.9.9b8 on ip4 5.0.1 crashed on me a few times, rebooted pc and it seemed to work after that (used 5.0 ispw). Had to manually restore phone a couple times too inbetween.
    Got a few unrecognised build and other odd errors.

Until I tried to update Cydia, then reboot and stuck on apple logo forever.

Not a straightforward break this, at least not for me. I'd advice people to hold off until the untethered has arrived and been used a while.

Had to restore phone so I could use it, will perhaps give it another shot tomorrow.
    Had a go with snowbreeze today instead. Same crap, errors galore and had to restore to stock so I can use it.
    I back up to iCloud so it's handy to use that to bring phone back to how it was, better than itunes alright.

Hello all and thanks for all the help.

I have got in contact with the previous owner and he has requested an unlock form o2, my next question is will it unlock from my i tunes account or will he have to unlock it from his account..

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

• Advertisement

I have got in contact with the previous owner and he has requested an unlock form o2, my next question is will it unlock from my i tunes account or will he have to unlock it from his account..
    I've only unlocked other phones but every time the code has been entered into the phone itself using the keypad, not through the computer.

Advertisement