Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

No jb out yet for the iPhone 4s! Iphone 4 yes not the 4s might be out before Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks lads.

So it's 5.0.1 is the problem and not the 4S?
    If it came with 5.0 as standard, could it be restored with the 5.0 ipsw and work away?

The tethering isn't a big issue tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

fox007 wrote: »
    No jb out yet for the iPhone 4s! Iphone 4 yes not the 4s might be out before Xmas

As I said the 4s is the problem and iPad 2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,583 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

hello lads, this may have been answered but there are alot of pages to go through. i have an apple tv 2 , and was jailbreaking it. it now just has the flashing white light going and telling me to connect to itunes.

if i restore to the latest software , is there any way to revert back to 4.3 ? i have jailbroke a few, for myself and my parents with no problems. this one is for a friend of mine and don't want to tell him i can't do anything for him after he has seen mine working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

As I said the 4s is the problem and iPad 2

Its the new A5 chip thats in the 4S and ipad 2.

Hope there is a JB soon. i miss my tweeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ok guys I have been out of the loop the last few weeks. Am i correct in saying there is a JB for regular iPhone 4 and if so can anyone point me to the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a tehered jb for ip4 using sn0wbreeze v2.8b11 (there is a redsn0w one too but I used snowbreeze)
    The untethered jb for ip4 seems unstable.

biko wrote: »
    There is a tehered jb for ip4 using sn0wbreeze v2.8b11 (there is a redsn0w one too but I used snowbreeze)
    The untethered jb for ip4 seems unstable.

There was a new redsn0w released over the last couple of days which properly supports 5.0.1 and seems to be more usable then the last one. Still tethered, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know when an untethered Jailbreak & Unlock is due for baseband 04.11.08 iPhone4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone know when an untethered Jailbreak & Unlock is due for baseband 04.11.08 iPhone4 ?
    i don't think we'll ever see an unlock for the iphone 4 again, when 02.10.04 was released they said there shoulb be an unlock soon and we're still waiting on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 lmlr

Hi guys

I have an iPhone 4 running on 4.1 and I want to update it to IOS 5.

My problem is that this phone was originally unlocked by O2 and I have a Meteor Sim in it. If I run an update will it reverse the unlocking?

This happened me before on a phone that had been jailbroken, ran an update and the phone was locked again. But I am wondering that since this was unlocked by the carrier in association with Apple (ie. legitiamte unlocking) can anyone confirm that the phone will still be unlocked after an update through iTunes?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

lmlr wrote: »
    Hi guys

I have an iPhone 4 running on 4.1 and I want to update it to IOS 5.

My problem is that this phone was originally unlocked my O2 and I have a Meteor Sim in it. If I run an update will it reverse the unlocking.

This happened me before on a phone that had been jailbroken, ran an update and the phone was locked again. But I am wondering that since this was unlocked by the carrier in association with Apple (ie. legitiamte unlocking) can anyone confirm that the phone will still be unlocked after an update through iTunes?

Thanks
    When Apple unlock an iPhone its done permanently so you'll have no problems if you update. Its only jailbreak unlocks that are lost with an update

When Apple unlock an iPhone its done permanently so you'll have no problems if you update. Its only jailbreak unlocks that are lost with an update

Great thanks, ill give it a shot tonight!

My ip4 was unlocked proper by o2 and I've jailbroken it and restored to apple SW several times without the unlock being affected.

biko wrote: »
    My ip4 was unlocked proper by o2 and I've jailbroken it and restored to apple SW several times without the unlock being affected.

Sorry biko, I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that your unlocking was reversed after updating software?

The phone that I have at the moment has never been jailbroken, just unlocked by the carrier. Do you think if I do a software update it will reverse the carrier unlocking?

Sorry biko, I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that your unlocking was reversed after updating software?

The phone that I have at the moment has never been jailbroken, just unlocked by the carrier. Do you think if I do a software update it will reverse the carrier unlocking?
    No he's updated it keeping the unlock but has jailbroke it on different versions is what he's saying.

In simple terms he's saying you can update no problem

No he's updated it keeping the unlock but has jailbroke it on different versions is what he's saying.

In simple terms he's saying you can update no problem

Got ya, just want to be sure because when I reversed the unlocking the last time, it was months before I was able to get it unlocked again!

Thanks for your help!

Got ya, just want to be sure because when I reversed the unlocking the last time, it was months before I was able to get it unlocked again!

Thanks for your help!
    If Apple unlocked it your 100% ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

guil wrote: »
    i don't think we'll ever see an unlock for the iphone 4 again, when 02.10.04 was released they said there shoulb be an unlock soon and we're still waiting on it
    Well guil, things are looking up:)
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/12/ultrasn0w-1-2-5-unlock-iphone-4-iphone-3gs-ios-5-0-1.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+iphonehacks+%28iPhone+Hacks%29

dodzy wrote: »
    nothings changed there, ultrasn0w always gets updated to be compatible with the latest iOS but as usual it only works on old basebands and nothing new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

nothings changed there, ultrasn0w always gets updated to be compatible with the latest iOS but as usual it only works on old basebands and nothing new

I myself thought it was a unlock coming out, my bad.

Guil why aren't you a mod, your input to this forum is unreal.

you are always helping noobs (newbies ) and experienced ones when it comes to iphones.

Mods takes not of this as i am nominating guil to be a mod.

someone thanks this or quote this to 2nd this.

His comments devotion have shown that he cares about this forum and his time and effort here has shown this.

Like they say actions speak louder than words and he has done so.

Thanks so much for those comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

What may have happened to him before and happened to me was this; I was updating an iPhone 4, officially unlocked, to iOS 5 and bought on Adverts. When it was done it said it needed the original sim to activate. It was a nightmare, it turns out that the phone was a replacement and the original imei was locked to the replacement so iTunes wouldn't recognise it. Apple eventually fixed it but it took a while. So it appears some replacement are locked to the original serial and imei numbers.

Mine remains unlocked no matter what I do - like it should after a proper unlock.

Odd that it needed an original sim, naasrd, an unlock shouldn't care about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Hi,

Can anyone offer some info on how to get icefilms up and running on a jailbroken iPad 2 (4.3.5)? I've installed the icefilms plugin and xbmc software etc and when I search for tv showes/movies they come up by name of series, yet when I enter any of them the folder appears blank?

Am I doing something wrong here or can someone point me to any good guides?

Cheers

J

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if an iphone 4 on FW 4.3.2(8H7) and running baseband 04.10.01 can be unlocked. I think its already Jailbroken because it has cydia on it, Just got it from America and need it unlocked ASAP i.e. Tonight!!!!

thanks......

sandt wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me if an iphone 4 on FW 4.3.2(8H7) and running baseband 04.10.01 can be unlocked. I think its already Jailbroken because it has cydia on it, Just got it from America and need it unlocked ASAP i.e. Tonight!!!!

thanks......
    impossible unless you use a gevey sim

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

impossible unless you use a gevey sim

Ok thanks, do you know a reputable dealer, and what is the process?

Sorry, im a bit new to this! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

sandt wrote: »
    Ok thanks, do you know a reputable dealer, and what is the process?

Sorry, im a bit new to this! :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7DTCs1eNiw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is the process ya go through with the gevey sim.

If you look on eBay you could get one for about a tender. Next day delivery too, although may take longer over Xmas period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lovephones

Have a 3gs locked to o2 on ios 5.0 modem firmware 05.16.05, can anyone tell me how to unlock ? Ive seen lots of adds that guarantee an unlock for 25 dollars but want to know if they are legit before buying , need a solution asap, any help appreciated

Advertisement