Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding apps to an itouch.. What am I doing wrong?

• 09-03-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to add applications to a friends ipod touch from her PC but we're getting nowhere.

I went to the itunes app store and downloaded a few free ones to her library on the PC. They show up as applications in there just fine.

When I plug in the ipod, it says its syncing but then theres no change to the icons on the itouch screen.. so they haven't been added to the ipod itself.

It wont let me click and drag the apps from the library to the ipod either.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Trotter wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm trying to add applications to a friends ipod touch from her PC but we're getting nowhere.

I went to the itunes app store and downloaded a few free ones to her library on the PC. They show up as applications in there just fine.

When I plug in the ipod, it says its syncing but then theres no change to the icons on the itouch screen.. so they haven't been added to the ipod itself.

It wont let me click and drag the apps from the library to the ipod either.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Is there a "Synch Apps" setting under the ipod when connected to itunes?
    Does your ipod have latest firmware etc?
    Does it have enough space?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

3DataModem wrote: »
    Is there a "Synch Apps" setting under the ipod when connected to itunes?
    Does your ipod have latest firmware etc?
    Does it have enough space?

I don't see a sync apps tab on the ipod when connected to itunes. I dont think that option is there. Theres a disconnect and transfer purchases but not sync apps.

It doesn't have the latest firmware.. There's an option to upgrade it at the start but she didnt want to do that in case she lost all her music because the music is on her PC in her parents home in another county.

There's no apps tab on the screen, and theres plenty of memory.
    Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

In itunes, click on the ipod on the left panel.

The right panel should show a picture of it, and there will be several tabs above it.

Music
    Video
    Podcasts
    blah
    blah
    APPLICATIONS

Click that tap, and see if "synch applications" is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I think I have it.. She had a 1.xx version of the ipod out of the box so she has to upgrade it to 2.xx for the applications to work properly.

Thats €8 I think which is a bit much considering its only a week old!

Thanks for your help anyway, I think we're sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Trotter wrote: »
    Thats €8 I think which is a bit much considering its only a week old!

Thanks for your help anyway, I think we're sorted.

The firmware upgrade will cost you nothing. I updated my iPhone 1.x to 2.x without problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement